Mild and Rare Cases...where are you?

gsplover

Lindsey,

i was just like you until I was about 19 and caught a microbacteria. I ran both track and cross country in middle and high school. I only took enzymes, ADEK and a mild daily antibiotic. That was all my doctor suggested. I was also Diagnosed late. I was 12. When I went to college I stopped running. Very bad idea since I never had done any other type of CPT. I didn't know I needed to. I went to high school with two other people with CF. They were always jealous that I was so healthy. I felt like an outsider with them for a long time. I felt like my running kept me healthy. If I could turn back the clocks, I would of never stopped running. The last 10 years have been difficult for me emotional because I have had to start dealing with my CF. It was bound to happen but I was not prepared for the changes in my healthy.

When I ran I did not cough up a lot because my lungs were always clear. This is not the case any more. If I go for a walk or start to jog I cough my head off and bring up a ton.

I hope your cf stays in this mid stage for a long time. Keep running.

gsplover

Lindsey,

i was just like you until I was about 19 and caught a microbacteria. I ran both track and cross country in middle and high school. I only took enzymes, ADEK and a mild daily antibiotic. That was all my doctor suggested. I was also Diagnosed late. I was 12. When I went to college I stopped running. Very bad idea since I never had done any other type of CPT. I didn't know I needed to. I went to high school with two other people with CF. They were always jealous that I was so healthy. I felt like an outsider with them for a long time. I felt like my running kept me healthy. If I could turn back the clocks, I would of never stopped running. The last 10 years have been difficult for me emotional because I have had to start dealing with my CF. It was bound to happen but I was not prepared for the changes in my healthy.

When I ran I did not cough up a lot because my lungs were always clear. This is not the case any more. If I go for a walk or start to jog I cough my head off and bring up a ton.

gsplover

Lindsey,

gsplover

Lindsey,

gsplover

Lindsey,

gsplover

Lindsey,

lmattaway

Stephanie,
I can only image how difficult it must be. I know that mentally and emotionally I will never be able to fully prepare myself for the day when my lungs no longer allow me to run. It's just so hard to concede certain aspects of our lives to CF. Thanks for the encouragement, I promise I'll keep running.

lmattaway

Stephanie,
I can only image how difficult it must be. I know that mentally and emotionally I will never be able to fully prepare myself for the day when my lungs no longer allow me to run. It's just so hard to concede certain aspects of our lives to CF. Thanks for the encouragement, I promise I'll keep running.

lmattaway

Stephanie,

lmattaway

Stephanie,

lmattaway

Stephanie,

lmattaway

Stephanie,

mamerth

I too have hard time relating to the stuff talked about. My CF was diagnosed mild (rare mutation). My lung functions are high (99%) and oxygen levels run high (normally). Hospitalized for surgeries only and a PICC once. I also don't do a lot of treatments (flutter and inhaler). I take enzymes and vitamins. It is weird to not need more medicines (and still have the disease).

Sometimes I feel like if I was "more sick" I would feel like I "belong more". Weird I know.

My dad always said that I am always on the edge of getting sick. Daily care and prevention is the key.

mamerth

I too have hard time relating to the stuff talked about. My CF was diagnosed mild (rare mutation). My lung functions are high (99%) and oxygen levels run high (normally). Hospitalized for surgeries only and a PICC once. I also don't do a lot of treatments (flutter and inhaler). I take enzymes and vitamins. It is weird to not need more medicines (and still have the disease).

Sometimes I feel like if I was "more sick" I would feel like I "belong more". Weird I know.

My dad always said that I am always on the edge of getting sick. Daily care and prevention is the key.