Mild CF?

pnhuffman

I am confused about the Mild Cf. Because at Austins last clinic visit in Nov he had mentioned to and intern or whatever she was referred to Austin as mild. I was kind of confused how he is considered mild. I do know there are a lot more Cfer's that are a lot more severe than him.

But the thing is Austin has been inthe hospital for "Tune-ups" and pneumonia once a year with the last year he was in 2 times and during the 2nd one he cultured PA and he had cultured PA when he was around 2 years old also. He is on enzymes, xopenex, pulmozyme, HTS, IBprofen therapy, prevacid and aquadeks.And the Vest. His pfts has been as low as 76 and as high as 124. Lately its been staying around 106.

So I dont know if they really have the classifications. I like many others try to keep up on his health. I just dont want to take that chance. I have also been told its all about luck.

pnhuffman

I am confused about the Mild Cf. Because at Austins last clinic visit in Nov he had mentioned to and intern or whatever she was referred to Austin as mild. I was kind of confused how he is considered mild. I do know there are a lot more Cfer's that are a lot more severe than him.

But the thing is Austin has been inthe hospital for "Tune-ups" and pneumonia once a year with the last year he was in 2 times and during the 2nd one he cultured PA and he had cultured PA when he was around 2 years old also. He is on enzymes, xopenex, pulmozyme, HTS, IBprofen therapy, prevacid and aquadeks.And the Vest. His pfts has been as low as 76 and as high as 124. Lately its been staying around 106.

So I dont know if they really have the classifications. I like many others try to keep up on his health. I just dont want to take that chance. I have also been told its all about luck.

pnhuffman

pnhuffman

pnhuffman

<br />
<br />But the thing is Austin has been inthe hospital for "Tune-ups" and pneumonia once a year with the last year he was in 2 times and during the 2nd one he cultured PA and he had cultured PA when he was around 2 years old also. He is on enzymes, xopenex, pulmozyme, HTS, IBprofen therapy, prevacid and aquadeks.And the Vest. His pfts has been as low as 76 and as high as 124. Lately its been staying around 106.
<br />
<br />So I dont know if they really have the classifications. I like many others try to keep up on his health. I just dont want to take that chance. I have also been told its all about luck.

MavinetteH

My son also, in what I feel, has a mild case of CF. He is ten. Has had one IV treatment. The rest is his pancrease. They say that as long as they treat things aggressivly then he should live a long normal, well normal as possiable, Every child is different. They could be fine till puberty, then it seems to get worse. heres how I look at it. Normal healthy people die everyday from accidents and such, lets treat everyday as a gift. Lets take it one day at a time, yes it is great to hear that our child has a mild case, cause lets be honest, some people have it very bad off. I often wondered myself if the genes that they possess will map the furture for them. My son has delta f508, and 621+16 to T???? make any sense to anyone?

MavinetteH

My son also, in what I feel, has a mild case of CF. He is ten. Has had one IV treatment. The rest is his pancrease. They say that as long as they treat things aggressivly then he should live a long normal, well normal as possiable, Every child is different. They could be fine till puberty, then it seems to get worse. heres how I look at it. Normal healthy people die everyday from accidents and such, lets treat everyday as a gift. Lets take it one day at a time, yes it is great to hear that our child has a mild case, cause lets be honest, some people have it very bad off. I often wondered myself if the genes that they possess will map the furture for them. My son has delta f508, and 621+16 to T???? make any sense to anyone?

MavinetteH

MavinetteH

MavinetteH

W

welshwitch

Hey Marvinette,

I have 621+16 to T too! Maybe we're related!

W

welshwitch

Hey Marvinette,

W

welshwitch

Hey Marvinette,

W

welshwitch

Hey Marvinette,

W

welshwitch

Hey Marvinette,
<br />
<br />I have 621+16 to T too! Maybe we're related!