Military wife/husband

Nicole

It's my understanding that they will not station you "too far" (who determines how far is too far I don't know) from a clinic even if you say you're okay with it.

Nicole

It's my understanding that they will not station you "too far" (who determines how far is too far I don't know) from a clinic even if you say you're okay with it.

Nicole

Nicole

Nicole

ladybug

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Nicole</b></i>

It's my understanding that they will not station you "too far" (who determines how far is too far I don't know) from a clinic even if you say you're okay with it.</end quote></div>

Interesting. This would be worth looking into. It also depends what the docs actually put in your EFMP paperwork. For example, if your doc only writes that you need access to a pulmonologist etc. but not necessarily an accredited center, you won't be as limited. So, perhaps this is something you could look into, Candice, if you really want to go to Hawaii. Maybe just don't have them put you need an accredited center so the distance thing won't even be an issue? Not sure how much "pull" we have when dealing with our EFMP paperwork though... anyone know?

ladybug

It's my understanding that they will not station you "too far" (who determines how far is too far I don't know) from a clinic even if you say you're okay with it.</end quote></div>

Interesting. This would be worth looking into. It also depends what the docs actually put in your EFMP paperwork. For example, if your doc only writes that you need access to a pulmonologist etc. but not necessarily an accredited center, you won't be as limited. So, perhaps this is something you could look into, Candice, if you really want to go to Hawaii. Maybe just don't have them put you need an accredited center so the distance thing won't even be an issue? Not sure how much "pull" we have when dealing with our EFMP paperwork though... anyone know?

ladybug

ladybug

It's my understanding that they will not station you "too far" (who determines how far is too far I don't know) from a clinic even if you say you're okay with it.</end quote>

ladybug

<br />
<br />It's my understanding that they will not station you "too far" (who determines how far is too far I don't know) from a clinic even if you say you're okay with it.</end quote>
<br />
<br />Interesting. This would be worth looking into. It also depends what the docs actually put in your EFMP paperwork. For example, if your doc only writes that you need access to a pulmonologist etc. but not necessarily an accredited center, you won't be as limited. So, perhaps this is something you could look into, Candice, if you really want to go to Hawaii. Maybe just don't have them put you need an accredited center so the distance thing won't even be an issue? Not sure how much "pull" we have when dealing with our EFMP paperwork though... anyone know?

B

brewz2

Hey,

Well, I actually had to go to Hawaii for two weeks to do my active duty reserve time (navy). While I was there, we ended up getting lost, and stumbled up on the army base there. When it comes to driving, it's not really that far from the Navy base there. I don't remember how far or anything, but the island is only so big, so I don't remember any big distances there between the bases.

When it comes to the EFMP - I know there's a coordinator at each base that manages the program. I know that our pediatrician was asking us about our next duty station (before we found out that we're staying put for 2-3 more years) and she said she would only approve orders that were near the CF clinics. So I know that the doctor definitely has a say in that. Basically being in the EFMP program "red flags" you to everyone - doctors, detailers, etc. I assume that if they already have you in the system, they'll make sure that your paper work is up to date and accurate. I know we have to update it every year. Hope it helps, and like I said in the other post, my husband is an admin officer, and knows a lot more about this stuff - if I can get him on here, maybe he can answer some questions for you.

B

brewz2

Hey,

Well, I actually had to go to Hawaii for two weeks to do my active duty reserve time (navy). While I was there, we ended up getting lost, and stumbled up on the army base there. When it comes to driving, it's not really that far from the Navy base there. I don't remember how far or anything, but the island is only so big, so I don't remember any big distances there between the bases.

When it comes to the EFMP - I know there's a coordinator at each base that manages the program. I know that our pediatrician was asking us about our next duty station (before we found out that we're staying put for 2-3 more years) and she said she would only approve orders that were near the CF clinics. So I know that the doctor definitely has a say in that. Basically being in the EFMP program "red flags" you to everyone - doctors, detailers, etc. I assume that if they already have you in the system, they'll make sure that your paper work is up to date and accurate. I know we have to update it every year. Hope it helps, and like I said in the other post, my husband is an admin officer, and knows a lot more about this stuff - if I can get him on here, maybe he can answer some questions for you.

B

brewz2

Hey,

B

brewz2

Hey,

B

brewz2

Hey,
<br />
<br />Well, I actually had to go to Hawaii for two weeks to do my active duty reserve time (navy). While I was there, we ended up getting lost, and stumbled up on the army base there. When it comes to driving, it's not really that far from the Navy base there. I don't remember how far or anything, but the island is only so big, so I don't remember any big distances there between the bases.
<br />
<br />When it comes to the EFMP - I know there's a coordinator at each base that manages the program. I know that our pediatrician was asking us about our next duty station (before we found out that we're staying put for 2-3 more years) and she said she would only approve orders that were near the CF clinics. So I know that the doctor definitely has a say in that. Basically being in the EFMP program "red flags" you to everyone - doctors, detailers, etc. I assume that if they already have you in the system, they'll make sure that your paper work is up to date and accurate. I know we have to update it every year. Hope it helps, and like I said in the other post, my husband is an admin officer, and knows a lot more about this stuff - if I can get him on here, maybe he can answer some questions for you.