Military wife/husband

S

semperfiohana

they have no choice but to let me go to chapel hill, they are lucky i haven't figured out the whole reimbursment thing for traveling there and back. i have to drive 3 hours to get to clinic. it's quite annoying, but the doctors are good. none of the doctors here i've met know much about cf. austin heard the cf clinic in hawaii has some top of the line stuff. i have no idea. maybe i should e-mail one of my connection from the past. duh!

S

semperfiohana

they have no choice but to let me go to chapel hill, they are lucky i haven't figured out the whole reimbursment thing for traveling there and back. i have to drive 3 hours to get to clinic. it's quite annoying, but the doctors are good. none of the doctors here i've met know much about cf. austin heard the cf clinic in hawaii has some top of the line stuff. i have no idea. maybe i should e-mail one of my connection from the past. duh!

S

semperfiohana

S

semperfiohana

S

semperfiohana

MicheleGazelle

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>semperfiohana</b></i>

they have no choice but to let me go to chapel hill, they are lucky i haven't figured out the whole reimbursment thing for traveling there and back. i have to drive 3 hours to get to clinic. </end quote></div>
Years ago, I read about a charity that provides money for the travel expenses for military families coping with serious medical problems. I don't remember what it was called. I didn't have a diagnosis at the time. But there might be a contact person on base who knows or you might find it with some googling.

MicheleGazelle

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>semperfiohana</b></i>

they have no choice but to let me go to chapel hill, they are lucky i haven't figured out the whole reimbursment thing for traveling there and back. i have to drive 3 hours to get to clinic. </end quote></div>
Years ago, I read about a charity that provides money for the travel expenses for military families coping with serious medical problems. I don't remember what it was called. I didn't have a diagnosis at the time. But there might be a contact person on base who knows or you might find it with some googling.

MicheleGazelle

MicheleGazelle

they have no choice but to let me go to chapel hill, they are lucky i haven't figured out the whole reimbursment thing for traveling there and back. i have to drive 3 hours to get to clinic. </end quote>

MicheleGazelle

<br />
<br />they have no choice but to let me go to chapel hill, they are lucky i haven't figured out the whole reimbursment thing for traveling there and back. i have to drive 3 hours to get to clinic. </end quote>
<br />Years ago, I read about a charity that provides money for the travel expenses for military families coping with serious medical problems. I don't remember what it was called. I didn't have a diagnosis at the time. But there might be a contact person on base who knows or you might find it with some googling.

S

semperfiohana

i have to deal with the regional coordinator because i see an out in town doctor, but if i went to the base hospital as my primary care then i would deal directly with the coordinator on base, but it's all a big pain in the butt. i started to do it, but got confused and mad (i tend to get mad easily especially if it's something my husband said he would take care of ha!) so i just didn't bother.

S

semperfiohana

i have to deal with the regional coordinator because i see an out in town doctor, but if i went to the base hospital as my primary care then i would deal directly with the coordinator on base, but it's all a big pain in the butt. i started to do it, but got confused and mad (i tend to get mad easily especially if it's something my husband said he would take care of ha!) so i just didn't bother.

S

semperfiohana

S

semperfiohana

S

semperfiohana

ladybug

hmmmm....

isn't everyone with CF in EFMP? if so, you can easily see a CF doc off base if you get it written in your paperwork that you are required to go to an "accredited CF center" with a multidiscplinary team. this way, if the base does not have an accredited center, Tricare has to pay for your care outside of base. they have no choice cause you're EFMP.

also, if that is in your EFMP record (which it has to be according to military rules when a family member has an illness), they can only put you in a city with an accredited center in that city! if you have to drive, either they need to pay for that OR, most likely, they will just not put you at that base/post to begin with.

this is what i've been told. my DH also tells his commanders when they're looking to PCS him that he has only put choices on his list that DO have an accredited center. this generally narrows his (their) choices considerably.

ladybug

hmmmm....

isn't everyone with CF in EFMP? if so, you can easily see a CF doc off base if you get it written in your paperwork that you are required to go to an "accredited CF center" with a multidiscplinary team. this way, if the base does not have an accredited center, Tricare has to pay for your care outside of base. they have no choice cause you're EFMP.

also, if that is in your EFMP record (which it has to be according to military rules when a family member has an illness), they can only put you in a city with an accredited center in that city! if you have to drive, either they need to pay for that OR, most likely, they will just not put you at that base/post to begin with.

this is what i've been told. my DH also tells his commanders when they're looking to PCS him that he has only put choices on his list that DO have an accredited center. this generally narrows his (their) choices considerably.

ladybug

hmmmm....

ladybug

hmmmm....

ladybug

hmmmm....
<br />
<br />isn't everyone with CF in EFMP? if so, you can easily see a CF doc off base if you get it written in your paperwork that you are required to go to an "accredited CF center" with a multidiscplinary team. this way, if the base does not have an accredited center, Tricare has to pay for your care outside of base. they have no choice cause you're EFMP.
<br />
<br />also, if that is in your EFMP record (which it has to be according to military rules when a family member has an illness), they can only put you in a city with an accredited center in that city! if you have to drive, either they need to pay for that OR, most likely, they will just not put you at that base/post to begin with.
<br />
<br />this is what i've been told. my DH also tells his commanders when they're looking to PCS him that he has only put choices on his list that DO have an accredited center. this generally narrows his (their) choices considerably.
<br />
<br />