milk does not increase mucous?

luvluvluv

An old wife's tale or not? Milk increases mucous. Is this true or not. I was recently told by a pulmonary doctor that this is not true. I would appreciate any input you folks may have on this subject. The mother of a teenager w/cf who loves chocolate milk.

luvluvluv

An old wife's tale or not? Milk increases mucous. Is this true or not. I was recently told by a pulmonary doctor that this is not true. I would appreciate any input you folks may have on this subject. The mother of a teenager w/cf who loves chocolate milk.

luvluvluv

luvluvluv

luvluvluv

CowTown

From what I understand, there isn't sufficient data to say that dairy increases mucus, <b>but</b> I can say it effects me. If I drink a lot of milk or yogurt consistently for several days, I will start wheezing.

I think it is different for everyone though. I know it effects me, but maybe not the next person. You might want to test it out by stopping the chocolate milk for a week or two and see if your child breathes more easily.

CowTown

From what I understand, there isn't sufficient data to say that dairy increases mucus, <b>but</b> I can say it effects me. If I drink a lot of milk or yogurt consistently for several days, I will start wheezing.

I think it is different for everyone though. I know it effects me, but maybe not the next person. You might want to test it out by stopping the chocolate milk for a week or two and see if your child breathes more easily.

CowTown

CowTown

CowTown

<br />
<br />I think it is different for everyone though. I know it effects me, but maybe not the next person. You might want to test it out by stopping the chocolate milk for a week or two and see if your child breathes more easily.
<br />
<br />
<br />

luvluvluv

Thank you for replying. We did test this out. I had him stop drinking milk between visits to the cf clinic. His pft at the clinic in January was 27, In February it was pft was 32, but the docs said it had nothing to do w/milk they said it was the antibiotics but my response to that is he has been taking the antibiotics for a few months now and this was the first increase in his pfts since but they still refuse to even consider that it may be a valid influence in increased pfts. Obviously we will take any increase we can get at this point.

luvluvluv

Thank you for replying. We did test this out. I had him stop drinking milk between visits to the cf clinic. His pft at the clinic in January was 27, In February it was pft was 32, but the docs said it had nothing to do w/milk they said it was the antibiotics but my response to that is he has been taking the antibiotics for a few months now and this was the first increase in his pfts since but they still refuse to even consider that it may be a valid influence in increased pfts. Obviously we will take any increase we can get at this point.

luvluvluv

luvluvluv

luvluvluv

dyza

I asked the kid's doctor about this a couple of years ago, now my memory is a bit hazy on this, but I think he said that it was a different type of muccous and that it is nothing to worry about, I think he said gastric mucous...dont quote me on this. In fact we have clinic early March, I will add it to my list of questions.
Craig also loves chocolate milk.

Craig

dyza

I asked the kid's doctor about this a couple of years ago, now my memory is a bit hazy on this, but I think he said that it was a different type of muccous and that it is nothing to worry about, I think he said gastric mucous...dont quote me on this. In fact we have clinic early March, I will add it to my list of questions.

Craig

dyza

Craig

dyza

Craig

dyza

<br />Craig also loves chocolate milk.
<br />
<br />Craig