Mom's of CF'ers ...come in

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DH has a cousin who wanted to have herself tested before planning another pregnancy and the head of our local cf clinic actually emailed me to say that testing probably wouldn't be covered by insurance and she needed to think long and hard as to why she wanted testing. This was after I'd explained her concerns because of our child.

DS had meconium illeus. I had a normal pregnancy. Toward the end retained a lot of fluid. And when they broke my water it was apparently tinged with meconium, but they thought he'd stooled in the womb.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DH has a cousin who wanted to have herself tested before planning another pregnancy and the head of our local cf clinic actually emailed me to say that testing probably wouldn't be covered by insurance and she needed to think long and hard as to why she wanted testing. This was after I'd explained her concerns because of our child.

DS had meconium illeus. I had a normal pregnancy. Toward the end retained a lot of fluid. And when they broke my water it was apparently tinged with meconium, but they thought he'd stooled in the womb.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />DS had meconium illeus. I had a normal pregnancy. Toward the end retained a lot of fluid. And when they broke my water it was apparently tinged with meconium, but they thought he'd stooled in the womb.

humphrey711

If I were your sister I would find another doctor. I think that doctor is negligent for not testing her husband or the baby. If the baby does have CF he could have a lawsuit on his hands. I agree that your sister would be so much better prepared if she knew ahead of time.

Good luck to her and you and congrats on being an auntie.

humphrey711

If I were your sister I would find another doctor. I think that doctor is negligent for not testing her husband or the baby. If the baby does have CF he could have a lawsuit on his hands. I agree that your sister would be so much better prepared if she knew ahead of time.

humphrey711

humphrey711

humphrey711

<br />
<br />Good luck to her and you and congrats on being an auntie.

lexisangels05

Lexi had a MI blockage as well. We had no idea I was even a carrier. I just went a couple of days with out feeling her move and so they did an ultrasound and saw her blockage. We were transferred to a hospital that could handle her birth and surgery. After she was born she had a 4 hour surgery to remove 75% of her small intestines. The blockage had caused her intestines to twist and rupture. The surgeon said if I had not been persistant about them seeing me for no movement I would not have Lexi today!!! Had she been born 1 day later and had we not been prepared for immediate surgery, she would have died!

They need to atleast put her pregnancy on "high risk"! That way they can keep and eye on the baby with frequent ultrasounds.

lexisangels05

Lexi had a MI blockage as well. We had no idea I was even a carrier. I just went a couple of days with out feeling her move and so they did an ultrasound and saw her blockage. We were transferred to a hospital that could handle her birth and surgery. After she was born she had a 4 hour surgery to remove 75% of her small intestines. The blockage had caused her intestines to twist and rupture. The surgeon said if I had not been persistant about them seeing me for no movement I would not have Lexi today!!! Had she been born 1 day later and had we not been prepared for immediate surgery, she would have died!

They need to atleast put her pregnancy on "high risk"! That way they can keep and eye on the baby with frequent ultrasounds.

lexisangels05

lexisangels05

lexisangels05

<br />
<br />They need to atleast put her pregnancy on "high risk"! That way they can keep and eye on the baby with frequent ultrasounds.

taty05

I found out that two of my kids have CF when I was pregnant with my fifth child, and even do mi cf kids didn't share the same dad with the one on the way, (second marriage child) we decided to do all the testing available. My pregnancy was title as a "high risk", got an ultrasound a every Dr. visit, got genetic testing done, a newborn screen, and a sweat test at one month old. We just wanted to be prepared and well inform. My baby boy is now 4 1/2 months and cf free.

I think your brother in law should go to a different doctor, or even search for one in great site, it is better to be safe than sorry. Keep praying for the best, that I'll send you mines from here, Phoenix, Az.

taty05

I found out that two of my kids have CF when I was pregnant with my fifth child, and even do mi cf kids didn't share the same dad with the one on the way, (second marriage child) we decided to do all the testing available. My pregnancy was title as a "high risk", got an ultrasound a every Dr. visit, got genetic testing done, a newborn screen, and a sweat test at one month old. We just wanted to be prepared and well inform. My baby boy is now 4 1/2 months and cf free.

I think your brother in law should go to a different doctor, or even search for one in great site, it is better to be safe than sorry. Keep praying for the best, that I'll send you mines from here, Phoenix, Az.

taty05

taty05

taty05

<br />
<br />I think your brother in law should go to a different doctor, or even search for one in great site, it is better to be safe than sorry. Keep praying for the best, that I'll send you mines from here, Phoenix, Az.