Mom's of CF'ers ...come in

jdprecious

LOL

RP, that is a whole 'nother thread for a whole 'nother day. But if you want my short answer, the one's I have encountered the last eight years leave ALOT to be desired.

jdprecious

LOL

RP, that is a whole 'nother thread for a whole 'nother day. But if you want my short answer, the one's I have encountered the last eight years leave ALOT to be desired.

jdprecious

LOL

jdprecious

LOL

jdprecious

LOL
<br />
<br />RP, that is a whole 'nother thread for a whole 'nother day. But if you want my short answer, the one's I have encountered the last eight years leave ALOT to be desired.

LouLou

Then I would definitely not suggest an amnio. It carries risks and doesn't detect all cf cases. Only if mom and dad carry a mutation of the 95% most common or maybe less.

LouLou

Then I would definitely not suggest an amnio. It carries risks and doesn't detect all cf cases. Only if mom and dad carry a mutation of the 95% most common or maybe less.

LouLou

LouLou

LouLou

N

NanaOf8GirlsAndCounting

I don't want to discourge you but don't be surprised even if you give her the information she chooses to ignore it. I have 2 son's who know that our family carries one of the CF genes and Graycie is proof that it can happen in our family. All 3 were expecting at the same time and when they found the MI on the ultrasound and did the amino on my daughter to confirm CF, neither one of my sons or their wifes told their own doctors. My oldest son's daughter is very small, not on the charts, and is sick alot, had RSV and was hopitalized and still no one told the doctor about CF in our family. I think its irresponsible to bury your head but no one can make them DO anything. I do hope your sister takes what you tell her and makes the best decision.

N

NanaOf8GirlsAndCounting

I don't want to discourge you but don't be surprised even if you give her the information she chooses to ignore it. I have 2 son's who know that our family carries one of the CF genes and Graycie is proof that it can happen in our family. All 3 were expecting at the same time and when they found the MI on the ultrasound and did the amino on my daughter to confirm CF, neither one of my sons or their wifes told their own doctors. My oldest son's daughter is very small, not on the charts, and is sick alot, had RSV and was hopitalized and still no one told the doctor about CF in our family. I think its irresponsible to bury your head but no one can make them DO anything. I do hope your sister takes what you tell her and makes the best decision.

N

NanaOf8GirlsAndCounting

N

NanaOf8GirlsAndCounting

N

NanaOf8GirlsAndCounting

K

Keepercjr

I think it is crazy that her doc doesn't want to test her hubby (I think it is standard practice to test hubby when pregnant wife is a carrier - usually ordered by a genetic counselor, not the OB) but I don't think she needs an amnio to test baby - like Lou Lou said, amnios have risks and why risk it? She probably won't listen to you so i would drop it - after I suggested an ultrasound towards the end to look at baby's bowels. Newborn screening would hopefully detect CF if baby does indeed have it. You said what you needed to say and she can listen or not. I have a cousin whom I am very close to and I suggested to her that she get tested for carrier status when she was pregnant and she didn't do it even though we have a family hx of CF (myself and my brother). My sister in law, whom I am not related to at all got tested but not my blood cousin - go figure.

K

Keepercjr

I think it is crazy that her doc doesn't want to test her hubby (I think it is standard practice to test hubby when pregnant wife is a carrier - usually ordered by a genetic counselor, not the OB) but I don't think she needs an amnio to test baby - like Lou Lou said, amnios have risks and why risk it? She probably won't listen to you so i would drop it - after I suggested an ultrasound towards the end to look at baby's bowels. Newborn screening would hopefully detect CF if baby does indeed have it. You said what you needed to say and she can listen or not. I have a cousin whom I am very close to and I suggested to her that she get tested for carrier status when she was pregnant and she didn't do it even though we have a family hx of CF (myself and my brother). My sister in law, whom I am not related to at all got tested but not my blood cousin - go figure.

K

Keepercjr

K

Keepercjr

K

Keepercjr