Moonface side effects question!!!

arche4life

Okay, so I know it is extremely vain in the grand scheme of things but I just have to bring it up.

I am on the transplant list, either number 1 or 2 so I could get the call any time and I am extremely worried about the side effects of the medications especially the whole moon face chimunk cheeks thing. I know everyone is saying that isn't something to be worried about especially since I will be getting some new lungs but I have to be honest I am kind of offended by that statement. I am a 23 year old female and I naturally care about the way I look, I'm sorry I can't help it.

How long does it take that to go away and how bad is it? I have seen some pictures of people with the moon face and it freaks me out a little, I'm not going to lie. I don't want people to stare at me. I know I should be used to it by now cause people stare at me when I wear my oxygen to school, but even still, I'm not.

I'm sorry if I am sounding kind of harsh but I am pretty freaked out right now. Any further information/personal experiences you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks xoxo

arche4life

Okay, so I know it is extremely vain in the grand scheme of things but I just have to bring it up.

I am on the transplant list, either number 1 or 2 so I could get the call any time and I am extremely worried about the side effects of the medications especially the whole moon face chimunk cheeks thing. I know everyone is saying that isn't something to be worried about especially since I will be getting some new lungs but I have to be honest I am kind of offended by that statement. I am a 23 year old female and I naturally care about the way I look, I'm sorry I can't help it.

How long does it take that to go away and how bad is it? I have seen some pictures of people with the moon face and it freaks me out a little, I'm not going to lie. I don't want people to stare at me. I know I should be used to it by now cause people stare at me when I wear my oxygen to school, but even still, I'm not.

I'm sorry if I am sounding kind of harsh but I am pretty freaked out right now. Any further information/personal experiences you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks xoxo

arche4life

arche4life

arche4life

<br />
<br />I am on the transplant list, either number 1 or 2 so I could get the call any time and I am extremely worried about the side effects of the medications especially the whole moon face chimunk cheeks thing. I know everyone is saying that isn't something to be worried about especially since I will be getting some new lungs but I have to be honest I am kind of offended by that statement. I am a 23 year old female and I naturally care about the way I look, I'm sorry I can't help it.
<br />
<br />How long does it take that to go away and how bad is it? I have seen some pictures of people with the moon face and it freaks me out a little, I'm not going to lie. I don't want people to stare at me. I know I should be used to it by now cause people stare at me when I wear my oxygen to school, but even still, I'm not.
<br />
<br />I'm sorry if I am sounding kind of harsh but I am pretty freaked out right now. Any further information/personal experiences you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks xoxo

Transplantmommy

I was waaaaayyyy too skinny before the transplant (5'9" and 113 lbs) so my moon face isn't actually that bad. Since I have gained about 40 lbs, it actually fits my body type/size. I don't recall it ever being really bad at all. I have a few pics from the first 3-4 months and I don't know if you can really even tell that I was on steroids by my face.

There are some people I have seen who have it really bad, but those people are also not taking care of themselves properly. I think that if you take care of yourself, stay away from too much salt post tx, and eat properly, you shouldn't have to worry too much about it!

Transplantmommy

I was waaaaayyyy too skinny before the transplant (5'9" and 113 lbs) so my moon face isn't actually that bad. Since I have gained about 40 lbs, it actually fits my body type/size. I don't recall it ever being really bad at all. I have a few pics from the first 3-4 months and I don't know if you can really even tell that I was on steroids by my face.

There are some people I have seen who have it really bad, but those people are also not taking care of themselves properly. I think that if you take care of yourself, stay away from too much salt post tx, and eat properly, you shouldn't have to worry too much about it!

Transplantmommy

Transplantmommy

Transplantmommy

<br />
<br />There are some people I have seen who have it really bad, but those people are also not taking care of themselves properly. I think that if you take care of yourself, stay away from too much salt post tx, and eat properly, you shouldn't have to worry too much about it!

JennifersHope

I am one of those ppl that you would look at in horror then. THough I never had a transplant I have not been off of steoids in over 9 years...

I am on it because I have addison's disease and very severe asthma... I think the ppl I know post transplant after a short while get down to 10 mgs or so and I think at that point the moon face slowly starts to resolve

I don't think it is shallow, but I do think it is important to keep it in perspective... I have severe moon face but it is getting a bit better, I have lost 40 pounds that I gained from the steroids and my face has shrunk somewhat.. Mind you I have been on massive and I mean massive doses of IV, by mouth and shots in the muscle of steroids for years, in the past six months I have only been on lower doses of steroids and my face is slowly coming back

My friend is post transplant and she like Patty needed to gain some weight so she looks good.. She did complain about her moon face as well.. and I know being a women, it really does bother us.. Basically, I wanted you to know you are not alone and I will be there to listen to you as you need to vent..

JennifersHope

I am one of those ppl that you would look at in horror then. THough I never had a transplant I have not been off of steoids in over 9 years...

I am on it because I have addison's disease and very severe asthma... I think the ppl I know post transplant after a short while get down to 10 mgs or so and I think at that point the moon face slowly starts to resolve

I don't think it is shallow, but I do think it is important to keep it in perspective... I have severe moon face but it is getting a bit better, I have lost 40 pounds that I gained from the steroids and my face has shrunk somewhat.. Mind you I have been on massive and I mean massive doses of IV, by mouth and shots in the muscle of steroids for years, in the past six months I have only been on lower doses of steroids and my face is slowly coming back

My friend is post transplant and she like Patty needed to gain some weight so she looks good.. She did complain about her moon face as well.. and I know being a women, it really does bother us.. Basically, I wanted you to know you are not alone and I will be there to listen to you as you need to vent..

JennifersHope

JennifersHope

JennifersHope

<br />
<br />I am on it because I have addison's disease and very severe asthma... I think the ppl I know post transplant after a short while get down to 10 mgs or so and I think at that point the moon face slowly starts to resolve
<br />
<br />I don't think it is shallow, but I do think it is important to keep it in perspective... I have severe moon face but it is getting a bit better, I have lost 40 pounds that I gained from the steroids and my face has shrunk somewhat.. Mind you I have been on massive and I mean massive doses of IV, by mouth and shots in the muscle of steroids for years, in the past six months I have only been on lower doses of steroids and my face is slowly coming back
<br />
<br />My friend is post transplant and she like Patty needed to gain some weight so she looks good.. She did complain about her moon face as well.. and I know being a women, it really does bother us.. Basically, I wanted you to know you are not alone and I will be there to listen to you as you need to vent..

Lex

I was on 30mgs at the highest and I never got much moon face. I'm on 12.5 mgs right now. Everyone's different.

Lex

I was on 30mgs at the highest and I never got much moon face. I'm on 12.5 mgs right now. Everyone's different.

Lex

Lex

Lex