Morbid question ...

ladybug

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>mabusincarnate</b></i>

slow painful miserable death. F that.

living with CF sucks, no doubt. living with CF and no medicine is torture.</end quote></div>

well put.

Grendel... I also don't know your situation, but agree this is a drastic step if you are considering it. I have spoken with people at 40% that are extremely sick and can't do very much even with treatments and meds, and I have spoken to those with 40% who are very active and regular with treatments, etc. and have lived with 40% for a long time.

I think a lot of it has to do with your state of health when you decide to start or stop a treatment regimine as to how your body will react. If you havne't been doing many treatments or been compliant, I reckon a stop in treatments/meds won't be quite as dramatic, whereas if you are active and compliant and then decide to stop "cold turkey", I would assume (just speculating here) that your body will "feel" that more. However, the fact that you were active and compliant to begin with may in fact work for you since your lungs are in pretty good shape even at 40%. so, i guess bottom line is, its in God's hands.

does that make any sense? sorry if i'm rambling.

i hope you're well....

ladybug

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>mabusincarnate</b></i>

living with CF sucks, no doubt. living with CF and no medicine is torture.</end quote></div>

well put.

Grendel... I also don't know your situation, but agree this is a drastic step if you are considering it. I have spoken with people at 40% that are extremely sick and can't do very much even with treatments and meds, and I have spoken to those with 40% who are very active and regular with treatments, etc. and have lived with 40% for a long time.

I think a lot of it has to do with your state of health when you decide to start or stop a treatment regimine as to how your body will react. If you havne't been doing many treatments or been compliant, I reckon a stop in treatments/meds won't be quite as dramatic, whereas if you are active and compliant and then decide to stop "cold turkey", I would assume (just speculating here) that your body will "feel" that more. However, the fact that you were active and compliant to begin with may in fact work for you since your lungs are in pretty good shape even at 40%. so, i guess bottom line is, its in God's hands.

i hope you're well....

ladybug

well put.

i hope you're well....

ladybug

living with CF sucks, no doubt. living with CF and no medicine is torture.</end quote>

well put.

i hope you're well....

ladybug

<br />
<br />slow painful miserable death. F that.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />living with CF sucks, no doubt. living with CF and no medicine is torture.</end quote>
<br />
<br />well put.
<br />
<br />Grendel... I also don't know your situation, but agree this is a drastic step if you are considering it. I have spoken with people at 40% that are extremely sick and can't do very much even with treatments and meds, and I have spoken to those with 40% who are very active and regular with treatments, etc. and have lived with 40% for a long time.
<br />
<br />I think a lot of it has to do with your state of health when you decide to start or stop a treatment regimine as to how your body will react. If you havne't been doing many treatments or been compliant, I reckon a stop in treatments/meds won't be quite as dramatic, whereas if you are active and compliant and then decide to stop "cold turkey", I would assume (just speculating here) that your body will "feel" that more. However, the fact that you were active and compliant to begin with may in fact work for you since your lungs are in pretty good shape even at 40%. so, i guess bottom line is, its in God's hands.
<br />
<br />does that make any sense? sorry if i'm rambling.
<br />
<br />i hope you're well....
<br />
<br />

Necron99

i lived in the 40's very comfortably for many many years . It seems to me you need to speak to a mental health profesional

Necron99

i lived in the 40's very comfortably for many many years . It seems to me you need to speak to a mental health profesional

Necron99

Necron99

Necron99

Ricky123

it all depends on what level of cf you have be it mild moderate or severe ie i know from reading up about cf that people who have done nothing throughout their lives and have cf and in some cases have smoked are diagnosed in their 50s.So if your talking about these people then hypothtically if they have a fev1 of 40 i dont think it will make any difference they will live long no matter what(and even if they continue to do treatment) whereas those who have it severe and have a fev 1 of 40 and do not treatment will go very quickly

Ricky123

it all depends on what level of cf you have be it mild moderate or severe ie i know from reading up about cf that people who have done nothing throughout their lives and have cf and in some cases have smoked are diagnosed in their 50s.So if your talking about these people then hypothtically if they have a fev1 of 40 i dont think it will make any difference they will live long no matter what(and even if they continue to do treatment) whereas those who have it severe and have a fev 1 of 40 and do not treatment will go very quickly

Ricky123

Ricky123

Ricky123

H

hillthekhore

I think maybe we shouldn't be so quick to judge. What if this was just a question that arose out of curiousity?

H

hillthekhore

I think maybe we shouldn't be so quick to judge. What if this was just a question that arose out of curiousity?

H

hillthekhore

H

hillthekhore

H

hillthekhore