Mothers of children WITH cf

Emily65Roses

I am a CFer. My mom breastfed me for about a week -- literally. I wasn't thriving on it, it wasn't enough. They then switched me over to the pre-digested formula that a lot of us live on. I was on... Progestamil, I think it was called. The breast milk just wasn't enough for me.

Emily65Roses

I am a CFer. My mom breastfed me for about a week -- literally. I wasn't thriving on it, it wasn't enough. They then switched me over to the pre-digested formula that a lot of us live on. I was on... Progestamil, I think it was called. The breast milk just wasn't enough for me.

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses

MargaritaChic

I had a breast reduction 16 years before my daughter was born and the surgery left me unable to breastfeed. My daughter has been exclusively formula fed.

MargaritaChic

I had a breast reduction 16 years before my daughter was born and the surgery left me unable to breastfeed. My daughter has been exclusively formula fed.

MargaritaChic

MargaritaChic

MargaritaChic

<br />
<br />

fourkidsmom

My son had the bowel surgery right after birth and the stoma bag and illeostomy for the first 2 months so he did not eat by mouth until some time later after that. BUT, I wanted to breastfeed so I pumped and froze my milk until my son could drink. I had milk stored at the Ronald McDonald house, home, the hospital (a few locations) all over the place. I was getting like 5 to6 3 oz bottles full when I pumped every 4 or so hours. When my son did actually start breastfeeding it was amazing. I had told my husband and the nurse I don't think this will work or he may not beable to eat. It was amazing, he took off like a starvin little guy and from that point on he was breastfed for a good 8-9 months. Funnny thing is I started to dry up when I went back to work and I still had probably 5 months worth of milk in the freezer that he drank. I felt breastfeeding was the best thing for him nutritionally and and emotionally. It brought him so much comfort, you could just tell. It is something I highly recommend. I then also breastfed my daughter after that, and wished I would of my first child-- but I was 22 at that time and had no interest.

Fourkidsmom

fourkidsmom

My son had the bowel surgery right after birth and the stoma bag and illeostomy for the first 2 months so he did not eat by mouth until some time later after that. BUT, I wanted to breastfeed so I pumped and froze my milk until my son could drink. I had milk stored at the Ronald McDonald house, home, the hospital (a few locations) all over the place. I was getting like 5 to6 3 oz bottles full when I pumped every 4 or so hours. When my son did actually start breastfeeding it was amazing. I had told my husband and the nurse I don't think this will work or he may not beable to eat. It was amazing, he took off like a starvin little guy and from that point on he was breastfed for a good 8-9 months. Funnny thing is I started to dry up when I went back to work and I still had probably 5 months worth of milk in the freezer that he drank. I felt breastfeeding was the best thing for him nutritionally and and emotionally. It brought him so much comfort, you could just tell. It is something I highly recommend. I then also breastfed my daughter after that, and wished I would of my first child-- but I was 22 at that time and had no interest.

Fourkidsmom

fourkidsmom

Fourkidsmom

fourkidsmom

Fourkidsmom

fourkidsmom

<br />
<br />Fourkidsmom

janddburke

I breastfed Jess exclusively for 4 months until I went back to work. I had pumped enough to get her thru daycare. when she was diagnosed at 5 months we started her on some babyfood just to get the enzymes into her. she had no formula until 10 months. She self weened at 13 months.
for Maddie (no CF) I breastfed until almost 2 years. she doesn't have CF but does have some serious allergies. I like to think breastfeeding helped them both.
I wouldn't do anything differently.

janddburke

I breastfed Jess exclusively for 4 months until I went back to work. I had pumped enough to get her thru daycare. when she was diagnosed at 5 months we started her on some babyfood just to get the enzymes into her. she had no formula until 10 months. She self weened at 13 months.
for Maddie (no CF) I breastfed until almost 2 years. she doesn't have CF but does have some serious allergies. I like to think breastfeeding helped them both.

janddburke

janddburke

janddburke

<br />for Maddie (no CF) I breastfed until almost 2 years. she doesn't have CF but does have some serious allergies. I like to think breastfeeding helped them both.
<br />I wouldn't do anything differently.