MRSA

JazzysMom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>LeftY</b></i>

does exist medicine for mrsa?</end quote></div>

YES Lefty. Bactrim worked for me. I suppose each person is different depending on what meds they have used in the past etc.

janddburke

once you culture MRSA are you always considered to have it? can you ever get rid of it?
Zyvox worked for my Jess. but terrible side effects.
Bactrim does the trick too.

janddburke

once you culture MRSA are you always considered to have it? can you ever get rid of it?

janddburke

JazzysMom

It took me a year before I stopped culturing it. During this year I was in the hospital 2 times & had a rough go of it in general. Of course like anything else it doesnt mean I dont have it. It just hasnt showed up in a sputum samples I have given.

JazzysMom

It took me a year before I stopped culturing it. During this year I was in the hospital 2 times & had a rough go of it in general. Of course like anything else it doesnt mean I dont have it. It just hasnt showed up in a sputum samples I have given.

JazzysMom

NoExcuses

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Allisa35</b></i>

This is in Canada; does anybody know if this is also the case in the US?</end quote></div>

no

NoExcuses

This is in Canada; does anybody know if this is also the case in the US?</end quote></div>

no

NoExcuses

no

NoExcuses

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>janddburke</b></i>

</end quote></div>

it's like PA - if you catch it early it might be possible to eradicate.

but even those who don't "culture" it anymore have a possibility of still having it. as you know, sputum cultures are FAR from reliable. a bronch is really the only way to get an accurate picture of what you truely have.

NoExcuses

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>janddburke</b></i>

</end quote></div>

but even those who don't "culture" it anymore have a possibility of still having it. as you know, sputum cultures are FAR from reliable. a bronch is really the only way to get an accurate picture of what you truely have.

NoExcuses

</end quote></div>

kandi

My son has had no luck getting rid of msra. he has cultured it at every visit for the last two years. So I am not sure if some will ever get rid of it. I boil his neb's after every use. We have none around our town that has cf so we are lucky there.

kandi

My son has had no luck getting rid of msra. he has cultured it at every visit for the last two years. So I am not sure if some will ever get rid of it. I boil his neb's after every use. We have none around our town that has cf so we are lucky there.

kandi

NoExcuses

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>kandi</b></i>

My son has had no luck getting rid of msra. he has cultured it at every visit for the last two years. So I am not sure if some will ever get rid of it. I boil his neb's after every use. We have none around our town that has cf so we are lucky there.</end quote></div>

even people without CF - just normal every day people with no cormorbities or immune issues get MRSA.

MRSA is very different than PA in this respect