Mucus Plug

65rosessamurai

from that "icky" description, I think I've coughed up a few in my life!!
Though, I've heard the mucus plug also feels like you've been poked in the ribs sometimes, is that right?
I also heard that the feeling of being poked in the ribs, if it's in the lower part and more towards the back, could be a gallstone passing, too.
And, Jen...LOL!!...

65rosessamurai

Though, I've heard the mucus plug also feels like you've been poked in the ribs sometimes, is that right?
I also heard that the feeling of being poked in the ribs, if it's in the lower part and more towards the back, could be a gallstone passing, too.
And, Jen...LOL!!...

65rosessamurai

And, Jen...LOL!!...

65rosessamurai

And, Jen...LOL!!...

65rosessamurai

And, Jen...LOL!!...

mom2lillian

I have gotten one up and it appeared to have been one thin strand of mucous that was wound and wound utnil something similar to a large jelly bean was formed, it was hard and dark -- almost black it was very nasty.

My RT said if you have bronchiectasis you can get those tightly wound ones that have been stuck in a pocket for a hwile and spin around when coughing.

mom2lillian

I have gotten one up and it appeared to have been one thin strand of mucous that was wound and wound utnil something similar to a large jelly bean was formed, it was hard and dark -- almost black it was very nasty.

My RT said if you have bronchiectasis you can get those tightly wound ones that have been stuck in a pocket for a hwile and spin around when coughing.

mom2lillian

mom2lillian

mom2lillian

mom2lillian

I have gotten one up and it appeared to have been one thin strand of mucous that was wound and wound utnil something similar to a large jelly bean was formed, it was hard and dark -- almost black it was very nasty. I too can 'taste' mine.

mom2lillian

I have gotten one up and it appeared to have been one thin strand of mucous that was wound and wound utnil something similar to a large jelly bean was formed, it was hard and dark -- almost black it was very nasty. I too can 'taste' mine.

mom2lillian

mom2lillian

mom2lillian

JazzysMom

I think you can basically tell the difference. The size varies for me, but its always darker (that could vary too, but definitely darker then the other sputum) as well as being a different consistancy. It reminds me of what cartlidge would be like if I could cough it up!

JazzysMom

I think you can basically tell the difference. The size varies for me, but its always darker (that could vary too, but definitely darker then the other sputum) as well as being a different consistancy. It reminds me of what cartlidge would be like if I could cough it up!

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom