Mucus Plug

lmattaway

I often "cough" up something very similar, but it comes from my sinuses, not my lungs. It drains down and gets stuck right at the back of my throat until I cough (sounding like some cat trying to get out a hairball) it out. And yes, it's always a wonderful sight and such a delightful taste. Ah, the joys of CF.

lmattaway

I often "cough" up something very similar, but it comes from my sinuses, not my lungs. It drains down and gets stuck right at the back of my throat until I cough (sounding like some cat trying to get out a hairball) it out. And yes, it's always a wonderful sight and such a delightful taste. Ah, the joys of CF.

lmattaway

lmattaway

lmattaway

mum2kj

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>jfarel</b></i>

Mine are usually green but may have a touch of real dark color in them as well. Right before I cough them up, at least lately, I'll get an awful tickle where I'll cough rapidly and non stop until the plug comes flying out of my mouth, sometimes I will not even be able to catch it. It feels great when it comes out though. Usually they are pretty small with me (seldom are they perfectly round) and it looks like a piece of harded mucous which almost has "rubberized".</end quote></div>

That's exactly what Kj's are like. She says that it also tastes gross and different to normal mucus and they are usually a darker colour as well.

mum2kj

Mine are usually green but may have a touch of real dark color in them as well. Right before I cough them up, at least lately, I'll get an awful tickle where I'll cough rapidly and non stop until the plug comes flying out of my mouth, sometimes I will not even be able to catch it. It feels great when it comes out though. Usually they are pretty small with me (seldom are they perfectly round) and it looks like a piece of harded mucous which almost has "rubberized".</end quote></div>

That's exactly what Kj's are like. She says that it also tastes gross and different to normal mucus and they are usually a darker colour as well.

mum2kj

mum2kj

Mine are usually green but may have a touch of real dark color in them as well. Right before I cough them up, at least lately, I'll get an awful tickle where I'll cough rapidly and non stop until the plug comes flying out of my mouth, sometimes I will not even be able to catch it. It feels great when it comes out though. Usually they are pretty small with me (seldom are they perfectly round) and it looks like a piece of harded mucous which almost has "rubberized".</end quote>

mum2kj

Mine are usually green but may have a touch of real dark color in them as well. Right before I cough them up, at least lately, I'll get an awful tickle where I'll cough rapidly and non stop until the plug comes flying out of my mouth, sometimes I will not even be able to catch it. It feels great when it comes out though. Usually they are pretty small with me (seldom are they perfectly round) and it looks like a piece of harded mucous which almost has "rubberized".</end quote>

JazzysMom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>lmattaway</b></i>

I often "cough" up something very similar, but it comes from my sinuses, not my lungs. It drains down and gets stuck right at the back of my throat until I cough (sounding like some cat trying to get out a hairball) it out. And yes, it's always a wonderful sight and such a delightful taste. Ah, the joys of CF.</end quote></div>

This is the stuff that has a taste for me. It usually breaks lose & takes my breath away & its often larger then what comes out of my lungs.

Its quite nasty actually LOL!

JazzysMom

I often "cough" up something very similar, but it comes from my sinuses, not my lungs. It drains down and gets stuck right at the back of my throat until I cough (sounding like some cat trying to get out a hairball) it out. And yes, it's always a wonderful sight and such a delightful taste. Ah, the joys of CF.</end quote></div>

This is the stuff that has a taste for me. It usually breaks lose & takes my breath away & its often larger then what comes out of my lungs.

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

I often "cough" up something very similar, but it comes from my sinuses, not my lungs. It drains down and gets stuck right at the back of my throat until I cough (sounding like some cat trying to get out a hairball) it out. And yes, it's always a wonderful sight and such a delightful taste. Ah, the joys of CF.</end quote>

JazzysMom

I often "cough" up something very similar, but it comes from my sinuses, not my lungs. It drains down and gets stuck right at the back of my throat until I cough (sounding like some cat trying to get out a hairball) it out. And yes, it's always a wonderful sight and such a delightful taste. Ah, the joys of CF.</end quote>

65rosessamurai

Hehe...sounds like a "grosser than gross" game!!
I had a few way back when, while on antibiotics for PA, some big yellowish-white chunks came flying out, along with a nasty smell from my mouth...I immediately went to gargle or something to get that breath to change for the better!!
I still hadn't seen any response if those of you who had plugs also feel like you're getting pokes in the ribs or something. It does seem that I've been getting the mucus plugs as everyones been describing.

65rosessamurai

I had a few way back when, while on antibiotics for PA, some big yellowish-white chunks came flying out, along with a nasty smell from my mouth...I immediately went to gargle or something to get that breath to change for the better!!
I still hadn't seen any response if those of you who had plugs also feel like you're getting pokes in the ribs or something. It does seem that I've been getting the mucus plugs as everyones been describing.

65rosessamurai

65rosessamurai

65rosessamurai