my experience with pari

mjhut999

I posted this under pari also but wanted to make sure everyone got this info:

I wanted to share my experience today with the CF community. I ordered a pari proneb ultra II as the pari rep on this website stated it was quieter than it's predecessor. I also called the pari customer service line to ask the difference in sound between the ultra II and what I currently own...the pari proneb turbo (which I bought in 2002). The customer service rep confirmed that the ultra II is certainly quieter. She also stated they do not make the turbo anymore.

Today, respiratory therapist from pacific respiratory came by to deliver the compressor and review it. We turned it on and it is LOUDER than my older 2002 pari pro neb turbo. Even the respiratory therapist said it was certainly louder (it was nice to have an extra set of ears to make sure I was not imagining this).

I wanted everyone to be aware of this as although pari appears helpful at times it seems they were likely looking out for their own bottom dollar. Be careful of their advice. I am going to call my MD's office to see if I can get some unbaised information from them as to what I should do now.

If the pari rep would like to comment on the misleading information it would be interesting to hear what you have to say.

mjhut999

I wanted to share my experience today with the CF community. I ordered a pari proneb ultra II as the pari rep on this website stated it was quieter than it's predecessor. I also called the pari customer service line to ask the difference in sound between the ultra II and what I currently own...the pari proneb turbo (which I bought in 2002). The customer service rep confirmed that the ultra II is certainly quieter. She also stated they do not make the turbo anymore.

Today, respiratory therapist from pacific respiratory came by to deliver the compressor and review it. We turned it on and it is LOUDER than my older 2002 pari pro neb turbo. Even the respiratory therapist said it was certainly louder (it was nice to have an extra set of ears to make sure I was not imagining this).

I wanted everyone to be aware of this as although pari appears helpful at times it seems they were likely looking out for their own bottom dollar. Be careful of their advice. I am going to call my MD's office to see if I can get some unbaised information from them as to what I should do now.

If the pari rep would like to comment on the misleading information it would be interesting to hear what you have to say.

mjhut999

izemmom

I am surprised that you are having a bad experience. We also use a Pari Ultra II and we love it! It is MUCH quieter than the compressor we used previously...(it was so long ago I don't remember what it was, but it shook the walls!) The Pari we have now is noticeable when its running, but not so loud that we have to adjust the tv volume or anything. And, it's quicker than the old model. Sorry you had a bad experience. maybe its just a bad machine. Good luck!

izemmom

I am surprised that you are having a bad experience. We also use a Pari Ultra II and we love it! It is MUCH quieter than the compressor we used previously...(it was so long ago I don't remember what it was, but it shook the walls!) The Pari we have now is noticeable when its running, but not so loud that we have to adjust the tv volume or anything. And, it's quicker than the old model. Sorry you had a bad experience. maybe its just a bad machine. Good luck!

izemmom

mjhut999

Hi Tami. Thanks for your input. I would be very curious to see what you are comparing the ultra II to. It must have been a fairly new compressor as I noticed your daughter with CF was born in 2005...I hope she is doing well.

Maybe I did get a faulty one. Does anybody else have experience with the ultra II?

I have an old pulmo-aide and it is the quietest compressor I have but definitely not as powerful...therefore it takes longer to do nebs.

It would be so nice to hear the TV (without blaring it) while doing my nebulizer as it would pass the time better.

mjhut999

Hi Tami. Thanks for your input. I would be very curious to see what you are comparing the ultra II to. It must have been a fairly new compressor as I noticed your daughter with CF was born in 2005...I hope she is doing well.

Maybe I did get a faulty one. Does anybody else have experience with the ultra II?

I have an old pulmo-aide and it is the quietest compressor I have but definitely not as powerful...therefore it takes longer to do nebs.

It would be so nice to hear the TV (without blaring it) while doing my nebulizer as it would pass the time better.

mjhut999

M

MCGrad2006

I have the ultra II as well, and I havent noticed any problems with it. I actually agree that it is quicker...I dont really notice the noise thing, tho cuz I do nebs in a room without a TV. Its so small, I like it. Its easier to travel with and all that stuff.

I am sorry you are having problems with it, I hope you get it resolved!

M

MCGrad2006

I have the ultra II as well, and I havent noticed any problems with it. I actually agree that it is quicker...I dont really notice the noise thing, tho cuz I do nebs in a room without a TV. Its so small, I like it. Its easier to travel with and all that stuff.

M

MCGrad2006

NoExcuses

On a related note, if you're looking for something that's so quite you can hardly tell that it's on, the eFlow will make you really happy!

NoExcuses

On a related note, if you're looking for something that's so quite you can hardly tell that it's on, the eFlow will make you really happy!

NoExcuses

mjhut999

I have thought of getting the eflow but it is still controversial and if I am going to spend that much on a neb I guess I would like it to be a sure bet. My doctor is not a big fan of it either although I do think I could convince him to prescribe it.

I think I may try the pari trek s (although I am not a big fan of pari at this point). I have the pari trek and it is too slow to use on a daily basis but it is quiet.

Thank you everyone for your help and advice.

mjhut999

I have thought of getting the eflow but it is still controversial and if I am going to spend that much on a neb I guess I would like it to be a sure bet. My doctor is not a big fan of it either although I do think I could convince him to prescribe it.

I think I may try the pari trek s (although I am not a big fan of pari at this point). I have the pari trek and it is too slow to use on a daily basis but it is quiet.

Thank you everyone for your help and advice.