My hubby in hospital/massive hemoptysis

lightNlife

I had only a tiny episode of hemoptysis a week ago, so I know that feeling of initial panic when you feel/see that blood. I can also relate to the disappointment of being in the hospital when you'd much rather be celebrating your wedding anniversary. I hope that Chris stabilizes soon and that you both can return home to the comfort of your own bed and familiar surroundings.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know what's going on with you two. Our thoughts are with you.

Supportively,
Lauren

lightNlife

I had only a tiny episode of hemoptysis a week ago, so I know that feeling of initial panic when you feel/see that blood. I can also relate to the disappointment of being in the hospital when you'd much rather be celebrating your wedding anniversary. I hope that Chris stabilizes soon and that you both can return home to the comfort of your own bed and familiar surroundings.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know what's going on with you two. Our thoughts are with you.

Supportively,
Lauren

lightNlife

Supportively,
Lauren

lightNlife

Supportively,
Lauren

lightNlife

Supportively,
Lauren

Faust

Sorry to hear about it. Hemoptysis is about the only real problem I still face with CF, and it seems no matter what we do, I still get atleast one bleed per month. I don't think there is any real solution to it. You are either a bleeder, or you aren't (very few fall into the middle it seems). I had a real bad one, one time and I was a hair away from going to the emergency room. I should have gone in for sure, but I am CF old school and wanted to fight it. I coughed up blood for several hours (mouth fulls), and was getting light headed. In the early A.M. I told her to go get me some vitamin K (I was out) from the health store (regular drug stores dont carry it). I took a massive dose of that, and tried to relax. I stopped bleeding. My lung function is amazing, and I feel great and my weight/body is fine. About the only damn thing to plague me is sporadic bleeding. I wish your husband the best, and I can totally sympathize.

Faust

Sorry to hear about it. Hemoptysis is about the only real problem I still face with CF, and it seems no matter what we do, I still get atleast one bleed per month. I don't think there is any real solution to it. You are either a bleeder, or you aren't (very few fall into the middle it seems). I had a real bad one, one time and I was a hair away from going to the emergency room. I should have gone in for sure, but I am CF old school and wanted to fight it. I coughed up blood for several hours (mouth fulls), and was getting light headed. In the early A.M. I told her to go get me some vitamin K (I was out) from the health store (regular drug stores dont carry it). I took a massive dose of that, and tried to relax. I stopped bleeding. My lung function is amazing, and I feel great and my weight/body is fine. About the only damn thing to plague me is sporadic bleeding. I wish your husband the best, and I can totally sympathize.

Faust

Faust

Faust

thefrogprincess

You and your husband are in my thoughts. I know what its like to be the patient and the caregiver both, so I know how exhausted you must be. Try to stay positive and get your rest. You are no good to him if you wear yourself out. Best of luck to you both!

thefrogprincess

You and your husband are in my thoughts. I know what its like to be the patient and the caregiver both, so I know how exhausted you must be. Try to stay positive and get your rest. You are no good to him if you wear yourself out. Best of luck to you both!

thefrogprincess

thefrogprincess

thefrogprincess

mb101

Oh man, I remember when I 1st started coughing up blood. I had no signs of it about to happen, then one night I started coughing up so much. I think I easily filled up a styrofoam cup....anyways, I hope the best for you guys in this situation, I know how it feels.

mb101

Oh man, I remember when I 1st started coughing up blood. I had no signs of it about to happen, then one night I started coughing up so much. I think I easily filled up a styrofoam cup....anyways, I hope the best for you guys in this situation, I know how it feels.

mb101

mb101

mb101