My son is 20 weeks old, under weight and i don't know what to do in my situation. Please HELP

A

AdamMom

My son is 20 weeks old, under weight and i don't know what to do in my situation. Please HELP

Hi ehtansky21,
Yes we do seem to have the similar thought processes and thank you so much for the information. I have started putting salt into his bath but in a small amount and will gradually increase it as he gets older. How do you know the amount one should be using in the bath?
As for the apple cider vinegar, does it need to be organic? or can i use any brand? How do i know how much to give him? Did you do it by calculating it by his weight?

A

AdamMom

Hi ehtansky21,
Yes we do seem to have the similar thought processes and thank you so much for the information. I have started putting salt into his bath but in a small amount and will gradually increase it as he gets older. How do you know the amount one should be using in the bath?
As for the apple cider vinegar, does it need to be organic? or can i use any brand? How do i know how much to give him? Did you do it by calculating it by his weight?

A

AdamMom

Hi ehtansky21,

A

AdamMom

Hi ehtansky21,

A

AdamMom

Hi ehtansky21,
<br />Yes we do seem to have the similar thought processes and thank you so much for the information. I have started putting salt into his bath but in a small amount and will gradually increase it as he gets older. How do you know the amount one should be using in the bath?
<br />As for the apple cider vinegar, does it need to be organic? or can i use any brand? How do i know how much to give him? Did you do it by calculating it by his weight?

ehtansky21

Lissy,
for both the salt and apple cider vinegar, i don't think you can give them too much. please chime in if anyone disagrees.
The boys take a bath together and we put probably 1/3c of sea salt in the water. If you think of the fact that salt water pools and the ocean are such good things for our CFers, it makes sense why this is so good.
I do use Braggs brand organic apple cider vinegar with THE MOTHER in it. I can't remember why THE MOTHER is so important, but I think that is the most essential thing to make it effective. You can find it anywhere, in the all natural sections.
I just kept adding the apple cider vinegar little by little until it seemed their yogurts were not so appetizing to them. People have been using apple cider vinegar to improve health for decades. So even though Ethan is on prevacid, i keep giving it to him, knowing that it can't harm him.
blessings,
missa

ehtansky21

Lissy,
for both the salt and apple cider vinegar, i don't think you can give them too much. please chime in if anyone disagrees.
The boys take a bath together and we put probably 1/3c of sea salt in the water. If you think of the fact that salt water pools and the ocean are such good things for our CFers, it makes sense why this is so good.
I do use Braggs brand organic apple cider vinegar with THE MOTHER in it. I can't remember why THE MOTHER is so important, but I think that is the most essential thing to make it effective. You can find it anywhere, in the all natural sections.
I just kept adding the apple cider vinegar little by little until it seemed their yogurts were not so appetizing to them. People have been using apple cider vinegar to improve health for decades. So even though Ethan is on prevacid, i keep giving it to him, knowing that it can't harm him.
blessings,
missa

ehtansky21

Lissy,
blessings,
missa

ehtansky21

Lissy,
blessings,
missa

ehtansky21

Lissy,
<br />for both the salt and apple cider vinegar, i don't think you can give them too much. please chime in if anyone disagrees.
<br />The boys take a bath together and we put probably 1/3c of sea salt in the water. If you think of the fact that salt water pools and the ocean are such good things for our CFers, it makes sense why this is so good.
<br />I do use Braggs brand organic apple cider vinegar with THE MOTHER in it. I can't remember why THE MOTHER is so important, but I think that is the most essential thing to make it effective. You can find it anywhere, in the all natural sections.
<br />I just kept adding the apple cider vinegar little by little until it seemed their yogurts were not so appetizing to them. People have been using apple cider vinegar to improve health for decades. So even though Ethan is on prevacid, i keep giving it to him, knowing that it can't harm him.
<br />blessings,
<br />missa

mom2aubree

Lissy have you heard of Breast Milk Fortifier I used this with my daughter and breast fed her until she was 1 year and it was covered under the WIC program.
here is some info I copied.( my WIC dietian helped me with all of my feeding issues.Hope this helps... and oh my daughter is 13 now)
Similac human milk fortifier mixes with expressed breast milk to promote weight gain and overall growth in low-birth-weight infants. Minerals such as calcium, phosphorus, and zinc are added to the formula to meet the special needs of premature infants. Nutritionally balanced in carbohydrate and protein, Similac human milk fortifier is the only powdered human milk fortifier that contains added fat, according to Ross Products.

mom2aubree

Lissy have you heard of Breast Milk Fortifier I used this with my daughter and breast fed her until she was 1 year and it was covered under the WIC program.
here is some info I copied.( my WIC dietian helped me with all of my feeding issues.Hope this helps... and oh my daughter is 13 now)
Similac human milk fortifier mixes with expressed breast milk to promote weight gain and overall growth in low-birth-weight infants. Minerals such as calcium, phosphorus, and zinc are added to the formula to meet the special needs of premature infants. Nutritionally balanced in carbohydrate and protein, Similac human milk fortifier is the only powdered human milk fortifier that contains added fat, according to Ross Products.

mom2aubree

mom2aubree

mom2aubree

<br />here is some info I copied.( my WIC dietian helped me with all of my feeding issues.Hope this helps... and oh my daughter is 13 now)
<br />Similac human milk fortifier mixes with expressed breast milk to promote weight gain and overall growth in low-birth-weight infants. Minerals such as calcium, phosphorus, and zinc are added to the formula to meet the special needs of premature infants. Nutritionally balanced in carbohydrate and protein, Similac human milk fortifier is the only powdered human milk fortifier that contains added fat, according to Ross Products.

jbrandonAW

I am a huge breastmilk advocate, and I think its something that is very benificial to thoughs kiddos with CF. Have you thought about pumping and nursing? Purhaps nurse and then pump for 10 minutes and then feed that as well. Sometimes our babies don't want to nurse as long as they need to in order to get all of the fatty milk out of the breast. I'm not for the theorys on rice cereal b/c sometimes it can cause babies to not eat as much b/c the cereal sits like sludge in the belly. Also (as tiring as it is) try making sure he is waking every 2 hours to eat.

Also have you thought about introducing yogart? my daughter LOVES the yobaby, and its made with whole milk so you get extra cals. I do add cereal b/c it can be a little runny.

If you are supplementing PLEASE make sure you are pumping or still nursing every 3 hours. If not your supply with more than likely decrease.

jbrandonAW

I am a huge breastmilk advocate, and I think its something that is very benificial to thoughs kiddos with CF. Have you thought about pumping and nursing? Purhaps nurse and then pump for 10 minutes and then feed that as well. Sometimes our babies don't want to nurse as long as they need to in order to get all of the fatty milk out of the breast. I'm not for the theorys on rice cereal b/c sometimes it can cause babies to not eat as much b/c the cereal sits like sludge in the belly. Also (as tiring as it is) try making sure he is waking every 2 hours to eat.

Also have you thought about introducing yogart? my daughter LOVES the yobaby, and its made with whole milk so you get extra cals. I do add cereal b/c it can be a little runny.

If you are supplementing PLEASE make sure you are pumping or still nursing every 3 hours. If not your supply with more than likely decrease.

jbrandonAW

jbrandonAW

jbrandonAW

<br />
<br />Also have you thought about introducing yogart? my daughter LOVES the yobaby, and its made with whole milk so you get extra cals. I do add cereal b/c it can be a little runny.
<br />
<br />If you are supplementing PLEASE make sure you are pumping or still nursing every 3 hours. If not your supply with more than likely decrease.