Nebulizers v.s. inhalers?

Rebjane

Super Moderator
I am interested in this as well. We use nebulizers. I'm always nervous to change things as well. I like using a mask with the neb to get it in the sinuses. However, with the addition of Hypertonic saline(which is likely the only neb that my daughter really needs to use a mask for to get in her sinuses), I do plan on asking about getting an albuterol inhaler for her afternoon treatment only just to see if what their thoughts are on it, and if I notice any difference. Not ready to do it for am and pm treatments yet.

Rebjane

Super Moderator
I am interested in this as well. We use nebulizers. I'm always nervous to change things as well. I like using a mask with the neb to get it in the sinuses. However, with the addition of Hypertonic saline(which is likely the only neb that my daughter really needs to use a mask for to get in her sinuses), I do plan on asking about getting an albuterol inhaler for her afternoon treatment only just to see if what their thoughts are on it, and if I notice any difference. Not ready to do it for am and pm treatments yet.

Rebjane

Super Moderator

Rebjane

Super Moderator

Rebjane

Super Moderator

Buckeye

It's also mentioned in Julie's post called PDF Files From CFRI - it's the section by Dr. Mark Elkins - Strategies to Reduce Time for Airway Clearance.

Buckeye

It's also mentioned in Julie's post called PDF Files From CFRI - it's the section by Dr. Mark Elkins - Strategies to Reduce Time for Airway Clearance.

Buckeye

Buckeye

Buckeye

M

Mommafirst

When I was having trouble getting Alyssa to take a neb, and found I was getting more into me and the air around us than into her, I asked if there was an alternative delivery system. We were encouraged to switch her albuterol to an inhaler with spacer and mask. Its FABULOUS!!! Takes seconds instead of minutes. We only use it preventatively and she can't express any difference to me, but I'm pleased right now. We do neb pulmozyme now. . . think they'll invent an inhaler for that?? I hear that the TIP study has been quite positive for the Tobi inhalation powder and that would shave a lot of time for those that take TOBI.

M

Mommafirst

When I was having trouble getting Alyssa to take a neb, and found I was getting more into me and the air around us than into her, I asked if there was an alternative delivery system. We were encouraged to switch her albuterol to an inhaler with spacer and mask. Its FABULOUS!!! Takes seconds instead of minutes. We only use it preventatively and she can't express any difference to me, but I'm pleased right now. We do neb pulmozyme now. . . think they'll invent an inhaler for that?? I hear that the TIP study has been quite positive for the Tobi inhalation powder and that would shave a lot of time for those that take TOBI.

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

letefk

Pam, thanks for the link to Julie's post. That is very reassuring to see. Rebecca, you sound just like us! We shifted gradually, and until recently, we always had a stock of the neb meds to fall back on on the first sign of colds. But we are at the point where we have used that stock up, and thinking about going to just inhalers.

I agree with Heather, though, in that it has been a huge time saver, especially in getting kids ready for school in the morning. I suppose some of my reservation is that it is SO convenient! I am just not used to my life with CF getting EASIER, if you know what I mean...

letefk

Pam, thanks for the link to Julie's post. That is very reassuring to see. Rebecca, you sound just like us! We shifted gradually, and until recently, we always had a stock of the neb meds to fall back on on the first sign of colds. But we are at the point where we have used that stock up, and thinking about going to just inhalers.

I agree with Heather, though, in that it has been a huge time saver, especially in getting kids ready for school in the morning. I suppose some of my reservation is that it is SO convenient! I am just not used to my life with CF getting EASIER, if you know what I mean...

letefk

letefk

letefk

<br />
<br />I agree with Heather, though, in that it has been a huge time saver, especially in getting kids ready for school in the morning. I suppose some of my reservation is that it is SO convenient! I am just not used to my life with CF getting EASIER, if you know what I mean...