Need advice on enzymes!

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
MT4s are smaller capsules. The number refers to the strength of enzyme.

I don't worry too much about enzymes if its a few pretzels, crackers -- low fat things. And definately don't give enzymes with candy or fruit, since they're easy to digest -- simple sugars with no fat. And even with fruit snacks I tend not to give enzymes. Don't with fruit juice either. I usually wait to see what DS is eating and if he starts to eat more than expected, I'll pop and enzyme in his mouth.

Do you still use applesauce/fruit to give enzymes or the capsules? We started giving DS whole enzymes when we were out and about and he thought he was a big boy being able to swallow his pills whole.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

I don't worry too much about enzymes if its a few pretzels, crackers -- low fat things. And definately don't give enzymes with candy or fruit, since they're easy to digest -- simple sugars with no fat. And even with fruit snacks I tend not to give enzymes. Don't with fruit juice either. I usually wait to see what DS is eating and if he starts to eat more than expected, I'll pop and enzyme in his mouth.

Do you still use applesauce/fruit to give enzymes or the capsules? We started giving DS whole enzymes when we were out and about and he thought he was a big boy being able to swallow his pills whole.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

heatherrose415

Thanks Liza!

Kaiden is only 22 months and i have tried giving it whole but he wont, lol. He really doesnt like them and i have to be really tricky, or force it down his throat, which i hate doing!

He has been on them 4 months and still isnt gaining much at all. he started doing a little better, but hasnt gained anything the past 2 months, he is still off the charts. oh, and last month we increased his pancrease to two Pancrease MT 10's a meal.

heatherrose415

Thanks Liza!

Kaiden is only 22 months and i have tried giving it whole but he wont, lol. He really doesnt like them and i have to be really tricky, or force it down his throat, which i hate doing!

He has been on them 4 months and still isnt gaining much at all. he started doing a little better, but hasnt gained anything the past 2 months, he is still off the charts. oh, and last month we increased his pancrease to two Pancrease MT 10's a meal.

heatherrose415

Thanks Liza!

heatherrose415

Thanks Liza!

heatherrose415

Thanks Liza!

heatherrose415

Thanks Liza!