Needing positive thoughts!

crickit715

oh, i know just where you are coming from...i think i posted somewhat of the same message when my daughter was one and cultured pseudomonas. thankfully she hasnt cultured it since...the doc put her on a month of tobi & cipro and it never came back. it was a very hard time for me also. i just try to take any and all precautions to keep the pseudomonas at bay! sorry that you are dealing with this bug!

crickit715

oh, i know just where you are coming from...i think i posted somewhat of the same message when my daughter was one and cultured pseudomonas. thankfully she hasnt cultured it since...the doc put her on a month of tobi & cipro and it never came back. it was a very hard time for me also. i just try to take any and all precautions to keep the pseudomonas at bay! sorry that you are dealing with this bug!

crickit715

crickit715

crickit715

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
When DS was diagnosed at birth the medical staff talked about Tobi and pseudomonas as something we'd deal with in the far off future. And then at 3 months old he cultured it (nonmucoid). Was scared to death. Started Tobi every other month. When DS was 3 or 4 he had an exacerbation (upper respiratory infection/cough) and was put on cipro. Was fine after a few days.

DS is almost 7 and throughout his daycare/preschool career he was one of the healthiest kids in his group. The daycare director would warn us that some of the other kids were coming down with something, sometimes we as parents would catch it -- once DH, MIL and I all got a nasty stomach virus and spent the weekend HURLING, meanwhile DS was running circles around us.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
When DS was diagnosed at birth the medical staff talked about Tobi and pseudomonas as something we'd deal with in the far off future. And then at 3 months old he cultured it (nonmucoid). Was scared to death. Started Tobi every other month. When DS was 3 or 4 he had an exacerbation (upper respiratory infection/cough) and was put on cipro. Was fine after a few days.

DS is almost 7 and throughout his daycare/preschool career he was one of the healthiest kids in his group. The daycare director would warn us that some of the other kids were coming down with something, sometimes we as parents would catch it -- once DH, MIL and I all got a nasty stomach virus and spent the weekend HURLING, meanwhile DS was running circles around us.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />DS is almost 7 and throughout his daycare/preschool career he was one of the healthiest kids in his group. The daycare director would warn us that some of the other kids were coming down with something, sometimes we as parents would catch it -- once DH, MIL and I all got a nasty stomach virus and spent the weekend HURLING, meanwhile DS was running circles around us.

ymikhale

My daughter cultured it when she was 15 months old. The doctors also told us when she was diagnosed that this is something that will come much much later.
She only had a very low count of it but was put on 3 cycles of TObi. It was eradicated after the first one and never came back (almost a year now), touch wood.

Of course I was scared to death as you are now but it got better. I also took some measure to lower the chances that she catches it: like cleaning the shower head daily, not leaving any still water around and pouring clorox in the bathtub every night.

I know it is a hard time for you right now, but trust me, with Tobi your little guy will get over it and will be healthy for a long long time.

ymikhale

My daughter cultured it when she was 15 months old. The doctors also told us when she was diagnosed that this is something that will come much much later.
She only had a very low count of it but was put on 3 cycles of TObi. It was eradicated after the first one and never came back (almost a year now), touch wood.

Of course I was scared to death as you are now but it got better. I also took some measure to lower the chances that she catches it: like cleaning the shower head daily, not leaving any still water around and pouring clorox in the bathtub every night.

I know it is a hard time for you right now, but trust me, with Tobi your little guy will get over it and will be healthy for a long long time.

ymikhale

ymikhale

ymikhale

<br />She only had a very low count of it but was put on 3 cycles of TObi. It was eradicated after the first one and never came back (almost a year now), touch wood.
<br />
<br />Of course I was scared to death as you are now but it got better. I also took some measure to lower the chances that she catches it: like cleaning the shower head daily, not leaving any still water around and pouring clorox in the bathtub every night.
<br />
<br />I know it is a hard time for you right now, but trust me, with Tobi your little guy will get over it and will be healthy for a long long time.

Tylersmom28

Thank you all SO SO much!! Just hearing your stories makes me feel better. I know he's going to be okay..but then there is this spot in me that still worries!

Tylersmom28

Thank you all SO SO much!! Just hearing your stories makes me feel better. I know he's going to be okay..but then there is this spot in me that still worries!

Tylersmom28

Tylersmom28

Tylersmom28