new baby

M

mneville

Our firstborn son was diagnosed at 8 days old. We were totally devastated but it gets better; it really does. For the first year we were very careful with him. We didn't let others hold him nor did we take him out in public too much. We did alot of house visits if everyone was healthy. Aidan had an incredibly healthy first year.

He just turned 4 and is totally amazing! He accepts his CF and knows to take his pills and do his VEST. We have our new normal with treatments, doctor appts ect...but he also goes to preschool, swimming lessons, birthday parties. He looks and is happy and healthy.

When you go to the CF Center, take notes and questions. I keep a health calendar for Aidan and everyday I write his status or any changes. This helps me and the doctors keep track.

Have faith and hope. Love yor baby. Love today because really that is all that anyone has for sure.You have to hang on because it does get easier.CF treatments are getting better and better and little Maggie will be okay.

Megan, mom to Aidan,4 CF and Gavin, 19 months no CF

M

mneville

Our firstborn son was diagnosed at 8 days old. We were totally devastated but it gets better; it really does. For the first year we were very careful with him. We didn't let others hold him nor did we take him out in public too much. We did alot of house visits if everyone was healthy. Aidan had an incredibly healthy first year.

He just turned 4 and is totally amazing! He accepts his CF and knows to take his pills and do his VEST. We have our new normal with treatments, doctor appts ect...but he also goes to preschool, swimming lessons, birthday parties. He looks and is happy and healthy.

When you go to the CF Center, take notes and questions. I keep a health calendar for Aidan and everyday I write his status or any changes. This helps me and the doctors keep track.

Have faith and hope. Love yor baby. Love today because really that is all that anyone has for sure.You have to hang on because it does get easier.CF treatments are getting better and better and little Maggie will be okay.

M

mneville

M

mneville

M

mneville

<br />
<br />He just turned 4 and is totally amazing! He accepts his CF and knows to take his pills and do his VEST. We have our new normal with treatments, doctor appts ect...but he also goes to preschool, swimming lessons, birthday parties. He looks and is happy and healthy.
<br />
<br />When you go to the CF Center, take notes and questions. I keep a health calendar for Aidan and everyday I write his status or any changes. This helps me and the doctors keep track.
<br />
<br />Have faith and hope. Love yor baby. Love today because really that is all that anyone has for sure.You have to hang on because it does get easier.CF treatments are getting better and better and little Maggie will be okay.
<br />
<br />Megan, mom to Aidan,4 CF and Gavin, 19 months no CF

Rebjane

Super Moderator
Nancy,

Welcome to this site. This is a great place for information and support. I also have a Maggie, she is 6 years old with CF. We actually found out she had CF when I was pregnant with her. I also have a 10 year old boy without CF. I had Maggie in the winter months, too when she was a newborn. I would avoid taking her to places like the grocery store and public places in the beginning. Family and friends would come and visit and hold her, first after they wash their hands and they could not have a cold. I breastfed Maggie and I feel this helped build her immune sysytem. Maggie is now in a public, all day kindergarten. She goes to dance/tap once a week and Gymnastics once a week. She's taken swimming classes, ski lessons, she ice skates, goes to birthday partys....All the regular kid stuff. We have a very busy schedule, balacing her breathing treatments and VEST therapy but there is NO HOLDING this girl back. WHile we of course wish she did not have CF; there is just something remarkable about these CF kids/adults. Her spirit and living each day to the fullest is evident in her every day. Enjoy your little Maggie and know we are here for you for any questions and worries you will have. Also, a reliable source for CF infomation is the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation's website at www.cff.org. If you haven't already checked it out. Be careful about surfing the internet about CF , some info is outdated and wrong. The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation has resources and information for CF families that is reliable.

Rebjane

Super Moderator
Nancy,

Welcome to this site. This is a great place for information and support. I also have a Maggie, she is 6 years old with CF. We actually found out she had CF when I was pregnant with her. I also have a 10 year old boy without CF. I had Maggie in the winter months, too when she was a newborn. I would avoid taking her to places like the grocery store and public places in the beginning. Family and friends would come and visit and hold her, first after they wash their hands and they could not have a cold. I breastfed Maggie and I feel this helped build her immune sysytem. Maggie is now in a public, all day kindergarten. She goes to dance/tap once a week and Gymnastics once a week. She's taken swimming classes, ski lessons, she ice skates, goes to birthday partys....All the regular kid stuff. We have a very busy schedule, balacing her breathing treatments and VEST therapy but there is NO HOLDING this girl back. WHile we of course wish she did not have CF; there is just something remarkable about these CF kids/adults. Her spirit and living each day to the fullest is evident in her every day. Enjoy your little Maggie and know we are here for you for any questions and worries you will have. Also, a reliable source for CF infomation is the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation's website at www.cff.org. If you haven't already checked it out. Be careful about surfing the internet about CF , some info is outdated and wrong. The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation has resources and information for CF families that is reliable.

Rebjane

Super Moderator
Nancy,

Rebjane

Super Moderator
Nancy,

Rebjane

Super Moderator
Nancy,

JORDYSMOM

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Sheridan</b></i>

First things first, congratulations on the birth of your little girl Maggie. One of the most important things to remember is that she is Maggie who happens to have CF.</end quote></div>

I couldn't agree more! I know this is very upsetting for you, but please try to enjoy your new baby.

I think everyone has given you great advice, but then I'd expect nothing less from this site. I look forward to getting to know you better. Please keep us posted on your little one.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

First things first, congratulations on the birth of your little girl Maggie. One of the most important things to remember is that she is Maggie who happens to have CF.</end quote></div>

I couldn't agree more! I know this is very upsetting for you, but please try to enjoy your new baby.

I think everyone has given you great advice, but then I'd expect nothing less from this site. I look forward to getting to know you better. Please keep us posted on your little one.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

First things first, congratulations on the birth of your little girl Maggie. One of the most important things to remember is that she is Maggie who happens to have CF.</end quote>

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

<br />
<br />First things first, congratulations on the birth of your little girl Maggie. One of the most important things to remember is that she is Maggie who happens to have CF.</end quote>
<br />
<br />I couldn't agree more! I know this is very upsetting for you, but please try to enjoy your new baby.
<br />
<br />I think everyone has given you great advice, but then I'd expect nothing less from this site. I look forward to getting to know you better. Please keep us posted on your little one.
<br />
<br />Stacey

NancyLKF

Thanks so much for the stories. It gives us back the original hopes and dreams we had for Maggie and know now that we really just have to be proactive and stay on top of things. I'm sure we will have a ton of questions as time goes on... things are still so overwhelming.....

NancyLKF

Thanks so much for the stories. It gives us back the original hopes and dreams we had for Maggie and know now that we really just have to be proactive and stay on top of things. I'm sure we will have a ton of questions as time goes on... things are still so overwhelming.....

NancyLKF

NancyLKF

NancyLKF