not what the dr ordered

W

worriedmom

Thank you all for your responses, I was afraid it wasn't many mutations. It took 6 months to get this far and now we are being sent somewhere else and I'm afraid we will have to start all over again. Well, if nothing else this has taught me to speak up and not be afraid to speak my mind. I just hope we get some answers soon.
Melissa

W

worriedmom

Thank you all for your responses, I was afraid it wasn't many mutations. It took 6 months to get this far and now we are being sent somewhere else and I'm afraid we will have to start all over again. Well, if nothing else this has taught me to speak up and not be afraid to speak my mind. I just hope we get some answers soon.
Melissa

W

worriedmom

Melissa

W

worriedmom

Melissa

W

worriedmom

Melissa

momoffive

Melissa,
I am in a similar situation. i just haven't out and out demanded the genetic test. Who ran the test for you? Was it a CF center or did you just have it done at a local lab? I am just trying to figure out who I should demand run his blood test. My son scored a 37 on one of his sweats, and has had very similar symptoms to your child. He has been poked and prodded his whole life, it is very hard to see. I hope your results come quickly - waiting is the worst! I am currently waiting for fecal fat results

momoffive

Melissa,
I am in a similar situation. i just haven't out and out demanded the genetic test. Who ran the test for you? Was it a CF center or did you just have it done at a local lab? I am just trying to figure out who I should demand run his blood test. My son scored a 37 on one of his sweats, and has had very similar symptoms to your child. He has been poked and prodded his whole life, it is very hard to see. I hope your results come quickly - waiting is the worst! I am currently waiting for fecal fat results

momoffive

Melissa,

momoffive

Melissa,

momoffive

Melissa,

W

worriedmom

Hi momoffive,
We had the test done at a local lab. The hospital we are being referred to does have a CF center as I was told by our current GI doc, so I guess I'll have to get pushy out there too (that really isn't my personality), but when it's your child the whole mother lion thing comes out. Alexis did have the fecal fat test done also and that was negative..the doc did say he was going to run another but we are waiting to go for the second opinion. I do agree there is nothing worse than the wait!!

W

worriedmom

Hi momoffive,
We had the test done at a local lab. The hospital we are being referred to does have a CF center as I was told by our current GI doc, so I guess I'll have to get pushy out there too (that really isn't my personality), but when it's your child the whole mother lion thing comes out. Alexis did have the fecal fat test done also and that was negative..the doc did say he was going to run another but we are waiting to go for the second opinion. I do agree there is nothing worse than the wait!!

W

worriedmom

Hi momoffive,

W

worriedmom

Hi momoffive,

W

worriedmom

Hi momoffive,

momoffive

melissa,
so was it your pedi that ordered the screen you just had? I may try that thursday when I see him for my son's 18 month checkup. Thanks!

momoffive

melissa,
so was it your pedi that ordered the screen you just had? I may try that thursday when I see him for my son's 18 month checkup. Thanks!

momoffive

melissa,

momoffive

melissa,

momoffive

melissa,