Okay I Can't Stand This.

M

moxie1

Katy,

You said exactly what I was thinking. When I've gone through a rough time, I have said, "I just want it to end...I can't take this." But I really didn't mean it. I was just discouraged. We often say things we don't mean deep down.

M

moxie1

Katy,

You said exactly what I was thinking. When I've gone through a rough time, I have said, "I just want it to end...I can't take this." But I really didn't mean it. I was just discouraged. We often say things we don't mean deep down.

Vampy

i must say i agree with you 100 percent. i always wondered those things myself.
i must also say that theres a point and time in everyones life where it doesnt seem worth fighting anymore. if we do get to the point to where we cant make our own decisions on living or not, then i think its prob for the best (for some anyways) to just die, why would your "loved one" want to try to keep you alive when they can sit there and see you go through all this pain. to me thats pretty selfish to keep someone alive whos in pain, just to avoid the pain of a death. I have always said that i wanted my funeral to be more like a farwell party. dance music and food ya know. Because its not sad that i went, its happy because i would no long have to fight for my life day to day and no longer have to take medications and treatments. I would rather people rejoice the fact that i am no longer suffering.

Vampy

i must also say that theres a point and time in everyones life where it doesnt seem worth fighting anymore. if we do get to the point to where we cant make our own decisions on living or not, then i think its prob for the best (for some anyways) to just die, why would your "loved one" want to try to keep you alive when they can sit there and see you go through all this pain. to me thats pretty selfish to keep someone alive whos in pain, just to avoid the pain of a death. I have always said that i wanted my funeral to be more like a farwell party. dance music and food ya know. Because its not sad that i went, its happy because i would no long have to fight for my life day to day and no longer have to take medications and treatments. I would rather people rejoice the fact that i am no longer suffering.

Vampy

Vampy

Vampy

Vampy

Emily65Roses

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Mockingbird</b></i>

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Emily65Roses</b></i>

I didn't say I would or wouldn't be okay with death once it comes.
my ambition is to die at HOME, not in some crappy unfamiliar hospital.</end quote></div>

Those two statements seem like a contradiction to me, but whatever.</end quote></div>

It was late when I wrote that. What I mean, in short, is that I'm not okay with all the things you mentioned... leaving family, forsaking hopes and dreams, blah blah. But I am okay with death in and of itself. When it comes time, I'm sure I'll face it bravely enough. It doesn't mean I'll be happy leaving Mike, but that I'll be peaceful enough to accept it.

Emily65Roses

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Mockingbird</b></i>

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Emily65Roses</b></i>

my ambition is to die at HOME, not in some crappy unfamiliar hospital.</end quote></div>

Those two statements seem like a contradiction to me, but whatever.</end quote></div>

It was late when I wrote that. What I mean, in short, is that I'm not okay with all the things you mentioned... leaving family, forsaking hopes and dreams, blah blah. But I am okay with death in and of itself. When it comes time, I'm sure I'll face it bravely enough. It doesn't mean I'll be happy leaving Mike, but that I'll be peaceful enough to accept it.

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses

my ambition is to die at HOME, not in some crappy unfamiliar hospital.</end quote>

Those two statements seem like a contradiction to me, but whatever.</end quote>

Emily65Roses

my ambition is to die at HOME, not in some crappy unfamiliar hospital.</end quote>

Those two statements seem like a contradiction to me, but whatever.</end quote>

Emily65Roses

As for Katy's analogy, it's a good one. The thing is, you have to know what kind of person your CFer is. Are they the tired marathon runner, or the marathon runner who needs more encouragement? Perhaps they're the one what needs more encouragement for a while, and then eventually is just too tired. What it comes down to is what's right for them. I'm hoping people who know their CFers (or anyone in similar situations) know what type of treatment they'd want.

I talk about being tired of taking care of myself, and I'm still in good condition. But Mike knows me. He knows how I feel about everything, and he knows what I want. Those tired moments are fleeting. They come and go. He knows the difference between when I'm being tired and when I'll finally be ready to go. And he knows that I'll let him know the difference.

What I'm talking about here is in that type of situation, someone like Mike ignoring my wishes, when he knows deep down what it is I want. I don't like people doing that. I want encouragement (but not pushy!) until I've decided it's enough. Once I get to the point where it no longer makes sense, I want Mike to understand that I've made my decision. I want him to understand that it was a tough decision, and it's a sh*tty one, but I don't have the best of choices in front of me. I want him to understand that I still love him, and this is just the best way to go about it for me. And I think, because of how well he knows me and how I feel about this stuff, he will do just that.

My problem is CFers that have made themselves clear, and are still persuaded into other decisions, or ignored altogether.

Emily65Roses

As for Katy's analogy, it's a good one. The thing is, you have to know what kind of person your CFer is. Are they the tired marathon runner, or the marathon runner who needs more encouragement? Perhaps they're the one what needs more encouragement for a while, and then eventually is just too tired. What it comes down to is what's right for them. I'm hoping people who know their CFers (or anyone in similar situations) know what type of treatment they'd want.

I talk about being tired of taking care of myself, and I'm still in good condition. But Mike knows me. He knows how I feel about everything, and he knows what I want. Those tired moments are fleeting. They come and go. He knows the difference between when I'm being tired and when I'll finally be ready to go. And he knows that I'll let him know the difference.

What I'm talking about here is in that type of situation, someone like Mike ignoring my wishes, when he knows deep down what it is I want. I don't like people doing that. I want encouragement (but not pushy!) until I've decided it's enough. Once I get to the point where it no longer makes sense, I want Mike to understand that I've made my decision. I want him to understand that it was a tough decision, and it's a sh*tty one, but I don't have the best of choices in front of me. I want him to understand that I still love him, and this is just the best way to go about it for me. And I think, because of how well he knows me and how I feel about this stuff, he will do just that.

My problem is CFers that have made themselves clear, and are still persuaded into other decisions, or ignored altogether.

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses