Okay I Can't Stand This.

LisaV

You know I agree with you Em. IMHO this post can't pop to the top too often.
Each of us only gets the <i>one</i> life, it should be ours to live as <i>we</i> choose (that's what free will is all about, isn't it). And death is just a part of life. We don't get as many choices as we might want (about life or about death), but at least we can make the ones we can.

LisaV

Each of us only gets the <i>one</i> life, it should be ours to live as <i>we</i> choose (that's what free will is all about, isn't it). And death is just a part of life. We don't get as many choices as we might want (about life or about death), but at least we can make the ones we can.

LisaV

LisaV

LisaV

LisaV

Uli

I do also agree that everyone should decide for himself/herself!

Sometimes I thought you should ask those people who try to convince somebody "to fight on", what they would do themselves in a situation like this. Can they even imagine what it is like to be not able to breathe normally, to have pains all the time, to be dependant to other people etc. etc.
If I see nurses and doctors who smoke although they should really know better, how can they tell somebody:"You have to inhale several hours a day" or something similar, if they are not even able to quit smoking??
How many of them or of "our relatives" don´t go to the doctor themselves, don´t live healthy at all, do no sports but are always the first to tell us what we have to do?!

Uli,44, Germany

Uli

Sometimes I thought you should ask those people who try to convince somebody "to fight on", what they would do themselves in a situation like this. Can they even imagine what it is like to be not able to breathe normally, to have pains all the time, to be dependant to other people etc. etc.
If I see nurses and doctors who smoke although they should really know better, how can they tell somebody:"You have to inhale several hours a day" or something similar, if they are not even able to quit smoking??
How many of them or of "our relatives" don´t go to the doctor themselves, don´t live healthy at all, do no sports but are always the first to tell us what we have to do?!

Uli,44, Germany

Uli

Uli,44, Germany

Uli

Uli,44, Germany

Uli

Uli,44, Germany

Uli

Uli,44, Germany

JazzysMom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Uli</b></i>

Uli,44, Germany</end quote></div>

I think this is a lot of the problem. Many would answer yes that they would keep fighting. Its easy to say that until you are living it. Just like so many other judgements in life. IF we arent in their shoes we have no way of knowing......

JazzysMom

I think this is a lot of the problem. Many would answer yes that they would keep fighting. Its easy to say that until you are living it. Just like so many other judgements in life. IF we arent in their shoes we have no way of knowing......

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

Uli,44, Germany</end quote>

JazzysMom

Uli,44, Germany</end quote>

summer732

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>For me dying with dignity means NO TRANSPLANTS. Why die twice of the same disease</end quote></div>?

Just to clarify....(and I know you said "for you") but you think that I am not going to die with dignity because I had a transplant? I have to just say that is one statement I disagree with.

<b>For me</b>, I will now die with more dignity than I ever could have before because I had a glimpse of normalcy and could actually accomplish things that I have wanted to my whole life and never could because my old lungs would not afford me that luxury. Just because you have a transplant doesn't mean that you die with less dignity than someone who lived with their own lungs until the end. And just because I had a transplant doesn't mean that I will die with more dignity than someone who didn't have a transplant. IMO, the only way to die with dignity is if you die on your terms, the way you want to. And unfortunately that doesn't happen for everyone....

summer732

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>For me dying with dignity means NO TRANSPLANTS. Why die twice of the same disease</end quote></div>?

Just to clarify....(and I know you said "for you") but you think that I am not going to die with dignity because I had a transplant? I have to just say that is one statement I disagree with.

<b>For me</b>, I will now die with more dignity than I ever could have before because I had a glimpse of normalcy and could actually accomplish things that I have wanted to my whole life and never could because my old lungs would not afford me that luxury. Just because you have a transplant doesn't mean that you die with less dignity than someone who lived with their own lungs until the end. And just because I had a transplant doesn't mean that I will die with more dignity than someone who didn't have a transplant. IMO, the only way to die with dignity is if you die on your terms, the way you want to. And unfortunately that doesn't happen for everyone....