OT but need opinions

Alyssa

I agree with kybert about the physical therapy being too strenuous and with Nicole about adding Massage Therapy.... I am usually very pro: Physical Therapy, Massage Therapy & Chiropractic, but I would recommend telling your Physical Therapist how you are feeling after the exercises -- you must have done too much. The physical therapist should do some pain relief work with you asap such as e-stim, massage & heat/cold packs. Also, yes the MRI sounds like a great idea too.

Alyssa

I agree with kybert about the physical therapy being too strenuous and with Nicole about adding Massage Therapy.... I am usually very pro: Physical Therapy, Massage Therapy & Chiropractic, but I would recommend telling your Physical Therapist how you are feeling after the exercises -- you must have done too much. The physical therapist should do some pain relief work with you asap such as e-stim, massage & heat/cold packs. Also, yes the MRI sounds like a great idea too.

Alyssa

Alyssa

Alyssa

Alyssa

thefrogprincess

I do get adjusted by the chiroprator, quite a bit actually since he's right by work. I go probably 3 times a week most of the time. It hasn't made a bit of difference. The x-rays showed that my back in not out of alignment, something else is causing the compression. The area gets massaged before my exercises at physical therapy, and the therapist taught Brian how to do it and he massages me at home. I know its not the same as a pro but he seems to do a good job.

I am just doing exercise to strengthen my back and neck muscles. Lifting weights and isometrics. I will admit that when I started going I was pretty out of shape so I knew it would hurt. The problem is that if I don't work out hard enough to make my muscles hurt, then the back pain comes back. So I can choose between one pain or another pain. Its a no win situation.

thefrogprincess

I do get adjusted by the chiroprator, quite a bit actually since he's right by work. I go probably 3 times a week most of the time. It hasn't made a bit of difference. The x-rays showed that my back in not out of alignment, something else is causing the compression. The area gets massaged before my exercises at physical therapy, and the therapist taught Brian how to do it and he massages me at home. I know its not the same as a pro but he seems to do a good job.

I am just doing exercise to strengthen my back and neck muscles. Lifting weights and isometrics. I will admit that when I started going I was pretty out of shape so I knew it would hurt. The problem is that if I don't work out hard enough to make my muscles hurt, then the back pain comes back. So I can choose between one pain or another pain. Its a no win situation.

thefrogprincess

thefrogprincess

thefrogprincess

thefrogprincess

love4josh

my son gets lower back pain quite often, took him to a chiropractor but that didn't help. Massage therapy works for him, he loves it, it relieves his pain and is also very relaxing and calming.

love4josh

my son gets lower back pain quite often, took him to a chiropractor but that didn't help. Massage therapy works for him, he loves it, it relieves his pain and is also very relaxing and calming.

love4josh

love4josh

love4josh

love4josh

JazzysMom

OHHHHHHHH Sweety I related. I had/have a shoulder pain that started when I was on iv's in April 2006 & it got progressively worse. In November 2006 I could no longer dress myself, wash my hair or really move my arm. I went to the chiropractor who I adore and think he is a miracle worker. It didnt do anything. He told me to get to an orthopedic and get am MRI to make sure we arent dealing with anything worse then thought.

I went to 2 orthos. Never had an MRI...just an xray. No MRI was ordered because I didnt have any "accident" that caused this. IMHO that is even MORE reason, but hey. I went to therapy which helped and made it worse at the same time. The actual joint motion improved, but the muscles surrounding it got worse. I also did weights etc during the 13 weeks of therapy.

I stopped going because the insurance was reducing my visits since I was improving even tho I will was in pain, had improved, but limited range of motion and still not sleeping well.

Now a days its an issue, but I can dress myself/wash my hair and shave under my arms (ewww I know), but its still not right. Ironically when I have my hubby massage my back. He knows the trigger spots that not only surge the pain to the joint area, but it feels like it is going thru my chest AND it moves plugs like crazy.

So this is where I stand after 1 1/2 years of initial onset~~~~

1)No official cause, but IMHO definitely linked to the picc that was in that arm &/or the meds. Have had a picc with same meds in other arm since with no issue.

2)No additional testing except xray which showed nothing. Had one cortizone shot which I will NEVER do again as it paralyzed me and put me in 50000000000% more pain for the first 12 hours after receiving it.

3)Did go to therapy for 13 weeks with improvement of range of motion & decrease in pain, but didnt eliminate it all together.

4)Stopped going to therapy, have hubby do massage & do some of my own stretching to make each day tolerable.

JazzysMom

OHHHHHHHH Sweety I related. I had/have a shoulder pain that started when I was on iv's in April 2006 & it got progressively worse. In November 2006 I could no longer dress myself, wash my hair or really move my arm. I went to the chiropractor who I adore and think he is a miracle worker. It didnt do anything. He told me to get to an orthopedic and get am MRI to make sure we arent dealing with anything worse then thought.

I went to 2 orthos. Never had an MRI...just an xray. No MRI was ordered because I didnt have any "accident" that caused this. IMHO that is even MORE reason, but hey. I went to therapy which helped and made it worse at the same time. The actual joint motion improved, but the muscles surrounding it got worse. I also did weights etc during the 13 weeks of therapy.

I stopped going because the insurance was reducing my visits since I was improving even tho I will was in pain, had improved, but limited range of motion and still not sleeping well.

Now a days its an issue, but I can dress myself/wash my hair and shave under my arms (ewww I know), but its still not right. Ironically when I have my hubby massage my back. He knows the trigger spots that not only surge the pain to the joint area, but it feels like it is going thru my chest AND it moves plugs like crazy.

So this is where I stand after 1 1/2 years of initial onset~~~~

1)No official cause, but IMHO definitely linked to the picc that was in that arm &/or the meds. Have had a picc with same meds in other arm since with no issue.

2)No additional testing except xray which showed nothing. Had one cortizone shot which I will NEVER do again as it paralyzed me and put me in 50000000000% more pain for the first 12 hours after receiving it.

3)Did go to therapy for 13 weeks with improvement of range of motion & decrease in pain, but didnt eliminate it all together.

4)Stopped going to therapy, have hubby do massage & do some of my own stretching to make each day tolerable.