Out of control....

Leighann

I found out the results of the test yesterday... Brooklynn 2 CF...Gavin 1 no CF. I feel like I am in a tornado. What is going to happen? Is my baby going to die? I dont even know what questions to ask? I feel completely out of control...I cant give her a pill and make this go away...I cant give her a kiss and make it "all better"...I just know what to do or even where to start.

Leighann

Leighann

I found out the results of the test yesterday... Brooklynn 2 CF...Gavin 1 no CF. I feel like I am in a tornado. What is going to happen? Is my baby going to die? I dont even know what questions to ask? I feel completely out of control...I cant give her a pill and make this go away...I cant give her a kiss and make it "all better"...I just know what to do or even where to start.

Leighann

Leighann

Leighann

Leighann

Leighann

Leighann

Leighann

Leighann

Leighann

JazzysMom

START with a deep breath. I recommend you get a notebook to write everything down. There will be a lot of info thrown at you as well as tons of questions & concerns you will want to address, but might forget. As of now there is no cure for CF, but with proper care, the right attitude and some luck your child should grow up to be a healthy, contributing member of society with a full life no matter what that might be for her. I cant tell you not to be scared. That is impossible and quite frankly foolish. You can be hopeful without being in denial, but for now you have to get through the acceptance. Any conerns and venting that you need to do can be done here! There is so much experience and compassion on here that you will be amazed. For now here is a HUG to give you a jump start~~~

JazzysMom

START with a deep breath. I recommend you get a notebook to write everything down. There will be a lot of info thrown at you as well as tons of questions & concerns you will want to address, but might forget. As of now there is no cure for CF, but with proper care, the right attitude and some luck your child should grow up to be a healthy, contributing member of society with a full life no matter what that might be for her. I cant tell you not to be scared. That is impossible and quite frankly foolish. You can be hopeful without being in denial, but for now you have to get through the acceptance. Any conerns and venting that you need to do can be done here! There is so much experience and compassion on here that you will be amazed. For now here is a HUG to give you a jump start~~~

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

M

Mommafirst

Hi Leighann,

I know the panic. Its sooo hard. But I promise it gets easier. There are good days and bad ones. But once the diagnosis phase is over, you will feel normal again. I know its hard to believe. CF sucks, and I'm sorry to welcome you to this world. But try to gain strength by looking around this site at some of the adults living with CF. Our kids will have a lot to look forward to, its our job to get them the best treatments and make sure they get and comply with all the preventative care. You'll need to read and learn a lot, and even though it sounds like a foreign language now, it will come, you will get it -- slowly but surely.

If you have questions as you maneuver through the next few difficult weeks, or thereafter, feel free to PM me. My daughter is 16 months and was diagnosed a year ago. I'm not going to say it was an easy year, but she is doing well. And she is the same wonderful girl she was before the diagnosis.

M

Mommafirst

Hi Leighann,

I know the panic. Its sooo hard. But I promise it gets easier. There are good days and bad ones. But once the diagnosis phase is over, you will feel normal again. I know its hard to believe. CF sucks, and I'm sorry to welcome you to this world. But try to gain strength by looking around this site at some of the adults living with CF. Our kids will have a lot to look forward to, its our job to get them the best treatments and make sure they get and comply with all the preventative care. You'll need to read and learn a lot, and even though it sounds like a foreign language now, it will come, you will get it -- slowly but surely.

If you have questions as you maneuver through the next few difficult weeks, or thereafter, feel free to PM me. My daughter is 16 months and was diagnosed a year ago. I'm not going to say it was an easy year, but she is doing well. And she is the same wonderful girl she was before the diagnosis.