pain management... please help

MicheleGazelle

When I was really, really sick and in constant excruciating pain, one of the few things that helped me with pain was taking a hot salt water bath every day. At that point, painkillers weren't doing much for me.

MicheleGazelle

When I was really, really sick and in constant excruciating pain, one of the few things that helped me with pain was taking a hot salt water bath every day. At that point, painkillers weren't doing much for me.

MicheleGazelle

MicheleGazelle

MicheleGazelle

J

JasonDBrown

Everyone handles pain differently, me I deal with it. I broke my arm, and dealt with it, and twice broke my hand, it remains broken, and dealt with it... but I cannot take codine, I am allergic, and I have watched too many other people kill themselves with the other crap.

I do like the idea of a muscle relaxer, that is the first time I have heard of that one. A muscle relaxer is something that I may ask my Dr about, because I would much rather break bones, or have my teeth cut out than deal with the sharp stabbing chest pains everyday.

Good luck to you in which ever choice you make.

-Jason

J

JasonDBrown

Everyone handles pain differently, me I deal with it. I broke my arm, and dealt with it, and twice broke my hand, it remains broken, and dealt with it... but I cannot take codine, I am allergic, and I have watched too many other people kill themselves with the other crap.

I do like the idea of a muscle relaxer, that is the first time I have heard of that one. A muscle relaxer is something that I may ask my Dr about, because I would much rather break bones, or have my teeth cut out than deal with the sharp stabbing chest pains everyday.

-Jason

J

JasonDBrown

-Jason

J

JasonDBrown

-Jason

J

JasonDBrown

<br />
<br /> I do like the idea of a muscle relaxer, that is the first time I have heard of that one. A muscle relaxer is something that I may ask my Dr about, because I would much rather break bones, or have my teeth cut out than deal with the sharp stabbing chest pains everyday.
<br />
<br /> Good luck to you in which ever choice you make.
<br />
<br />-Jason

Shelbyville

Hello:

I one of the old people and been to this pain show for quite a while. Seems CF and Back / neck pain are quite common per the breif time spent on this forum. The aforementioned information is right on target as far as pain mgt. Get to a real pain center and ask you CF center for the referrel. I got lucky and mine is connected to the CF center so all records can be shared.

If you don't get your pain under control other complications may arise. Best of luck!

Steve

Shelbyville

Hello:

I one of the old people and been to this pain show for quite a while. Seems CF and Back / neck pain are quite common per the breif time spent on this forum. The aforementioned information is right on target as far as pain mgt. Get to a real pain center and ask you CF center for the referrel. I got lucky and mine is connected to the CF center so all records can be shared.

If you don't get your pain under control other complications may arise. Best of luck!

Steve

Shelbyville

Hello:

Steve

Shelbyville

Hello:

Steve

Shelbyville

Hello:
<br />
<br />I one of the old people and been to this pain show for quite a while. Seems CF and Back / neck pain are quite common per the breif time spent on this forum. The aforementioned information is right on target as far as pain mgt. Get to a real pain center and ask you CF center for the referrel. I got lucky and mine is connected to the CF center so all records can be shared.
<br />
<br />If you don't get your pain under control other complications may arise. Best of luck!
<br />
<br />Steve

lightNlife

When you're saying opiates I think you mean to say narcotics. Opiates are an entirely different class of drugs usually for sedation.

I am on pain medication for arthritis related to cystic fibrosis. One of the things we're most worried about is that they slow everything down, including respiration and GI tract. Those are major things for a CFer to consider when dealing with pain. One medication I found to work well was tramadol. As my pain has changed so has my medication. I now take a narcotic called norco.

I hope you're able to find a doctor who will treat your pain in tandem with CF and not separate from it. If you do end up being on a narcotic (dilaudid, norco, or vicodin for example) make sure you also purchase some laxatives to keep everything moving.

lightNlife

When you're saying opiates I think you mean to say narcotics. Opiates are an entirely different class of drugs usually for sedation.

I am on pain medication for arthritis related to cystic fibrosis. One of the things we're most worried about is that they slow everything down, including respiration and GI tract. Those are major things for a CFer to consider when dealing with pain. One medication I found to work well was tramadol. As my pain has changed so has my medication. I now take a narcotic called norco.

I hope you're able to find a doctor who will treat your pain in tandem with CF and not separate from it. If you do end up being on a narcotic (dilaudid, norco, or vicodin for example) make sure you also purchase some laxatives to keep everything moving.

lightNlife

lightNlife

lightNlife

<br />
<br />I am on pain medication for arthritis related to cystic fibrosis. One of the things we're most worried about is that they slow everything down, including respiration and GI tract. Those are major things for a CFer to consider when dealing with pain. One medication I found to work well was tramadol. As my pain has changed so has my medication. I now take a narcotic called norco.
<br />
<br />I hope you're able to find a doctor who will treat your pain in tandem with CF and not separate from it. If you do end up being on a narcotic (dilaudid, norco, or vicodin for example) make sure you also purchase some laxatives to keep everything moving.