pain management... please help

coltsfan715

Just wanted to put out there that the reason I chose physical therapy and massage over pain meds was because they helped. I did not have the arthritis pain that many of the posters mention. My pain was strictly related to my coughing and my breathing so rapidly. My muscles in and around my chest were constantly fatigued and at times coughing caused my muscles to actually pull my ribs out of place(extremely painful by the by).

Again I just wanted to put that out there the deep massages helped my chest muscles - just didn't want anyone feeling I was being critical of the pain meds for arthritis thing. I never dealt with that like I said.

Lindsey

coltsfan715

Just wanted to put out there that the reason I chose physical therapy and massage over pain meds was because they helped. I did not have the arthritis pain that many of the posters mention. My pain was strictly related to my coughing and my breathing so rapidly. My muscles in and around my chest were constantly fatigued and at times coughing caused my muscles to actually pull my ribs out of place(extremely painful by the by).

Again I just wanted to put that out there the deep massages helped my chest muscles - just didn't want anyone feeling I was being critical of the pain meds for arthritis thing. I never dealt with that like I said.

Lindsey

coltsfan715

Lindsey

coltsfan715

Lindsey

coltsfan715

<br />
<br />Again I just wanted to put that out there the deep massages helped my chest muscles - just didn't want anyone feeling I was being critical of the pain meds for arthritis thing. I never dealt with that like I said.
<br />
<br />Lindsey

nick9742

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>labellavita</b></i>
and not be rushed to the er for incessant vomiting because the pain is so bad.... which is what happens when i listen to ppl judging me telling me im a drug addict so i go without the pain meds to prove a point.</end quote></div>

You shouldn't let people's opinion on you make you go without anything to prove a point. If you hurt, then take it. Screw what anyone else says. Just be careful with it and of course if you don't need it some days you don't have to take it. But if you need it on a certain day but you are "proving a point" then that's not good.

Anyway, I'm throwing my 2 cents in.

I go to a pallative care/pain management doctor because of really bad arthritis flare ups in my knees mostly. It's unbearable though, keeping me at 8-9-10 level. I was put on Methadone, Percocet 10s, and Lyrica. This combination works great for me, but remember this is pallative care so I'm sure you'd probably get much less than this. Whatever they can find that's the least addictive they will try first. If it doesn't help keep telling them until you get something that does help. Good luck! Hope you get relief soon.

nick9742

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>labellavita</b></i>
and not be rushed to the er for incessant vomiting because the pain is so bad.... which is what happens when i listen to ppl judging me telling me im a drug addict so i go without the pain meds to prove a point.</end quote></div>

You shouldn't let people's opinion on you make you go without anything to prove a point. If you hurt, then take it. Screw what anyone else says. Just be careful with it and of course if you don't need it some days you don't have to take it. But if you need it on a certain day but you are "proving a point" then that's not good.

I go to a pallative care/pain management doctor because of really bad arthritis flare ups in my knees mostly. It's unbearable though, keeping me at 8-9-10 level. I was put on Methadone, Percocet 10s, and Lyrica. This combination works great for me, but remember this is pallative care so I'm sure you'd probably get much less than this. Whatever they can find that's the least addictive they will try first. If it doesn't help keep telling them until you get something that does help. Good luck! Hope you get relief soon.

nick9742

nick9742

and not be rushed to the er for incessant vomiting because the pain is so bad.... which is what happens when i listen to ppl judging me telling me im a drug addict so i go without the pain meds to prove a point.</end quote>

nick9742

<br />and not be rushed to the er for incessant vomiting because the pain is so bad.... which is what happens when i listen to ppl judging me telling me im a drug addict so i go without the pain meds to prove a point.</end quote>
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />You shouldn't let people's opinion on you make you go without anything to prove a point. If you hurt, then take it. Screw what anyone else says. Just be careful with it and of course if you don't need it some days you don't have to take it. But if you need it on a certain day but you are "proving a point" then that's not good.
<br />
<br />Anyway, I'm throwing my 2 cents in.
<br />
<br />I go to a pallative care/pain management doctor because of really bad arthritis flare ups in my knees mostly. It's unbearable though, keeping me at 8-9-10 level. I was put on Methadone, Percocet 10s, and Lyrica. This combination works great for me, but remember this is pallative care so I'm sure you'd probably get much less than this. Whatever they can find that's the least addictive they will try first. If it doesn't help keep telling them until you get something that does help. Good luck! Hope you get relief soon.

TestifyToLove

Another option to try is an amber necklace. Amber is fossilized tree sap that contains an acid which is slowly absorbed into the skin.

I don't know if amber would work for the level of pain associated with CF. I do know that it works wonders for infant teething pain. I know that I have 2 children who suffer constant growing pains and niether of them had complained once, nor requested one pain pill since I put the amber necklaces on them 3 months ago. And I know that a few cancern, arthritis and carpel tunnel sufferers have tried amber and reported a significant improvement in their pain issues when using amber.

Its certainly worth trying to see if it helps. But, in the end, you should NOT suffer in pain silently. If you have pain, then you have to be aggressive and proactive at insisting that your doctors view this as important as your lung function and other issues related to your CF.

And, as Mel said, too much Tylenol can cause liver damage so be super careful how much Tylenol you are using to manage your pain.

TestifyToLove

Another option to try is an amber necklace. Amber is fossilized tree sap that contains an acid which is slowly absorbed into the skin.

I don't know if amber would work for the level of pain associated with CF. I do know that it works wonders for infant teething pain. I know that I have 2 children who suffer constant growing pains and niether of them had complained once, nor requested one pain pill since I put the amber necklaces on them 3 months ago. And I know that a few cancern, arthritis and carpel tunnel sufferers have tried amber and reported a significant improvement in their pain issues when using amber.

Its certainly worth trying to see if it helps. But, in the end, you should NOT suffer in pain silently. If you have pain, then you have to be aggressive and proactive at insisting that your doctors view this as important as your lung function and other issues related to your CF.

And, as Mel said, too much Tylenol can cause liver damage so be super careful how much Tylenol you are using to manage your pain.

TestifyToLove

TestifyToLove

TestifyToLove

<br />
<br />I don't know if amber would work for the level of pain associated with CF. I do know that it works wonders for infant teething pain. I know that I have 2 children who suffer constant growing pains and niether of them had complained once, nor requested one pain pill since I put the amber necklaces on them 3 months ago. And I know that a few cancern, arthritis and carpel tunnel sufferers have tried amber and reported a significant improvement in their pain issues when using amber.
<br />
<br />Its certainly worth trying to see if it helps. But, in the end, you should NOT suffer in pain silently. If you have pain, then you have to be aggressive and proactive at insisting that your doctors view this as important as your lung function and other issues related to your CF.
<br />
<br />And, as Mel said, too much Tylenol can cause liver damage so be super careful how much Tylenol you are using to manage your pain.

xosder22

ive got the perfect pain killer for you if your over the age of 21.

its called....

scotch, tequila, rum, vodka

warning!

this will screw your liver. however, probably the same as tylenol will in the long run

xosder22

its called....

warning!

this will screw your liver. however, probably the same as tylenol will in the long run

xosder22

its called....

warning!

xosder22

its called....

warning!

xosder22

<br />
<br />its called....
<br />
<br />scotch, tequila, rum, vodka
<br />
<br />warning!
<br />
<br />this will screw your liver. however, probably the same as tylenol will in the long run