Pari Nebulizer

robertsmith1390

the pari nebs are ok to boil; other nebs are not..check with the information listed in the package for more info.

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.rcjournal.com/contents/12.04/12.04.1504.pdf
">http://www.rcjournal.com/contents/12.04/12.04.1504.pdf
</a>
here is another site that talks about infection control..lots of great, researched material out there!

robertsmith1390

the pari nebs are ok to boil; other nebs are not..check with the information listed in the package for more info.

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.rcjournal.com/contents/12.04/12.04.1504.pdf
</a>
here is another site that talks about infection control..lots of great, researched material out there!

robertsmith1390

</a>

robertsmith1390

</a>

robertsmith1390

<br />
<br /><a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.rcjournal.com/contents/12.04/12.04.1504.pdf
</a><br />
<br />here is another site that talks about infection control..lots of great, researched material out there!

robertsmith1390

here is some other information i also found. it is sooo hard to know which way is the right way to clean the neb. but if you have a neb that you can boil...a pari..i would boil it every time just for piece of mind. my brother and sister only use the pari, so i dont know what i would do with the other nebs. let me know if you have any other questions!

According to the CFF guidelines, vinegar is not strong enough to kill all of the bacteria that collects on your nebds. Your neb cups should also be cleaned after every once. PA will stay on a wet surface for up to 8 days. Thats a scary thought to be only cleaning your neds once a week (I think someone mentioned that on here), or even every couple of days. Because think about it, you're breathing that bacteria in your lungs, and could be making things worse. I clean my nebs after every use with hot soapy water, and then I boil them for 5-10 minutes, then let air dry. Make sure that you let your water boil for a few minutes before putting your nebs in there to boil, so that your water is purified. I also got this link from the CCF website about how to/not to clean your nebs, and to stop the spread of infection (this is in PFD form):

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.cff.org/UploadedFiles/living_with_cf/Files/Respiratory%20--%20Stopping%20the%20Spread%20of%20Germs.pdf
">http://www.cff.org/UploadedFil...read%20of%20Germs.pdf
</a>
Here are ways to clean your neb cups:

Clean with hot soapy water using a paper towel, then rinse with water. Then follow with one of the following ways to clean your neb cups:

1. Boil for 5 minutes;

2. Microwave in water for 5 minutes;

3. Dishwasher if the water is hotter then 158 F for 30 minutes;

4. Soaking in a solution of 1 part household bleach, and 50 parts water for 3 minutes;

5. Soaking in 70% Isopropyl alcohol for 5 minutes or;

6. Soaking in 3% Hydrogen Peroxide for 30 minutes

If you decide to disinfect with the peroxide or alcohol, make sure that you rinse your nebs afterwards with STERILE water. DO NOT USE WATER FROM THE TAP, DISTILLED WATER, OR BOTTLED WATER. To make sterile water, simply let water boil for 5 minutes before putting your neb cups in.

When airdrying your neb cups, make sure that you leave them on a clean dry surface, as bacteria can grow and stay on wet surfaces. Pseudo stays on wet surfaces for 8 days! Let your nebs dry on paper towel, and once your nebs are halfway dry, replace the wet paper towel with dry ones.

DO NOT USE VINEGAR. Vinegar is not strong enough to kill bacteria. I know a lot of people used to clean their nebs that way before, but bacteria policies with the CFF have changed. Make sure to read the cleaning instructions on your nebs, as some nebs cannot be cleaned certain ways, such as the disposable kinds.

The resusable nebs such as PARI LC Plus can be reused for up to 6 months and then need to be replaced. They can be handwashed, or washed in a dishwasher. Cleaning should take place after everyuse to prevent buildup. Plus, not cleaning your nebs after every use causes build up which hampers the effectiveness of your treatments, or increase the risk of infection. Disposable neb cups like Acorn II need to be replaced after every use.

Tubing does not need to be washed, as air is continually pushed through during treatment, so after every treatment, simply let the compressor run for a few minutes to get any trapped moisture out.

robertsmith1390

here is some other information i also found. it is sooo hard to know which way is the right way to clean the neb. but if you have a neb that you can boil...a pari..i would boil it every time just for piece of mind. my brother and sister only use the pari, so i dont know what i would do with the other nebs. let me know if you have any other questions!

According to the CFF guidelines, vinegar is not strong enough to kill all of the bacteria that collects on your nebds. Your neb cups should also be cleaned after every once. PA will stay on a wet surface for up to 8 days. Thats a scary thought to be only cleaning your neds once a week (I think someone mentioned that on here), or even every couple of days. Because think about it, you're breathing that bacteria in your lungs, and could be making things worse. I clean my nebs after every use with hot soapy water, and then I boil them for 5-10 minutes, then let air dry. Make sure that you let your water boil for a few minutes before putting your nebs in there to boil, so that your water is purified. I also got this link from the CCF website about how to/not to clean your nebs, and to stop the spread of infection (this is in PFD form):

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.cff.org/UploadedFiles/living_with_cf/Files/Respiratory%20--%20Stopping%20the%20Spread%20of%20Germs.pdf
</a>

Clean with hot soapy water using a paper towel, then rinse with water. Then follow with one of the following ways to clean your neb cups:

1. Boil for 5 minutes;

4. Soaking in a solution of 1 part household bleach, and 50 parts water for 3 minutes;

If you decide to disinfect with the peroxide or alcohol, make sure that you rinse your nebs afterwards with STERILE water. DO NOT USE WATER FROM THE TAP, DISTILLED WATER, OR BOTTLED WATER. To make sterile water, simply let water boil for 5 minutes before putting your neb cups in.

When airdrying your neb cups, make sure that you leave them on a clean dry surface, as bacteria can grow and stay on wet surfaces. Pseudo stays on wet surfaces for 8 days! Let your nebs dry on paper towel, and once your nebs are halfway dry, replace the wet paper towel with dry ones.

DO NOT USE VINEGAR. Vinegar is not strong enough to kill bacteria. I know a lot of people used to clean their nebs that way before, but bacteria policies with the CFF have changed. Make sure to read the cleaning instructions on your nebs, as some nebs cannot be cleaned certain ways, such as the disposable kinds.

The resusable nebs such as PARI LC Plus can be reused for up to 6 months and then need to be replaced. They can be handwashed, or washed in a dishwasher. Cleaning should take place after everyuse to prevent buildup. Plus, not cleaning your nebs after every use causes build up which hampers the effectiveness of your treatments, or increase the risk of infection. Disposable neb cups like Acorn II need to be replaced after every use.

Tubing does not need to be washed, as air is continually pushed through during treatment, so after every treatment, simply let the compressor run for a few minutes to get any trapped moisture out.

robertsmith1390

</a>

1. Boil for 5 minutes;

robertsmith1390

</a>

1. Boil for 5 minutes;

robertsmith1390

<br />
<br />
<br />According to the CFF guidelines, vinegar is not strong enough to kill all of the bacteria that collects on your nebds. Your neb cups should also be cleaned after every once. PA will stay on a wet surface for up to 8 days. Thats a scary thought to be only cleaning your neds once a week (I think someone mentioned that on here), or even every couple of days. Because think about it, you're breathing that bacteria in your lungs, and could be making things worse. I clean my nebs after every use with hot soapy water, and then I boil them for 5-10 minutes, then let air dry. Make sure that you let your water boil for a few minutes before putting your nebs in there to boil, so that your water is purified. I also got this link from the CCF website about how to/not to clean your nebs, and to stop the spread of infection (this is in PFD form):
<br />
<br /><a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.cff.org/UploadedFiles/living_with_cf/Files/Respiratory%20--%20Stopping%20the%20Spread%20of%20Germs.pdf
</a><br />
<br />Here are ways to clean your neb cups:
<br />
<br />Clean with hot soapy water using a paper towel, then rinse with water. Then follow with one of the following ways to clean your neb cups:
<br />
<br />1. Boil for 5 minutes;
<br />
<br />2. Microwave in water for 5 minutes;
<br />
<br />3. Dishwasher if the water is hotter then 158 F for 30 minutes;
<br />
<br />4. Soaking in a solution of 1 part household bleach, and 50 parts water for 3 minutes;
<br />
<br />5. Soaking in 70% Isopropyl alcohol for 5 minutes or;
<br />
<br />6. Soaking in 3% Hydrogen Peroxide for 30 minutes
<br />
<br />If you decide to disinfect with the peroxide or alcohol, make sure that you rinse your nebs afterwards with STERILE water. DO NOT USE WATER FROM THE TAP, DISTILLED WATER, OR BOTTLED WATER. To make sterile water, simply let water boil for 5 minutes before putting your neb cups in.
<br />
<br />When airdrying your neb cups, make sure that you leave them on a clean dry surface, as bacteria can grow and stay on wet surfaces. Pseudo stays on wet surfaces for 8 days! Let your nebs dry on paper towel, and once your nebs are halfway dry, replace the wet paper towel with dry ones.
<br />
<br />DO NOT USE VINEGAR. Vinegar is not strong enough to kill bacteria. I know a lot of people used to clean their nebs that way before, but bacteria policies with the CFF have changed. Make sure to read the cleaning instructions on your nebs, as some nebs cannot be cleaned certain ways, such as the disposable kinds.
<br />
<br />The resusable nebs such as PARI LC Plus can be reused for up to 6 months and then need to be replaced. They can be handwashed, or washed in a dishwasher. Cleaning should take place after everyuse to prevent buildup. Plus, not cleaning your nebs after every use causes build up which hampers the effectiveness of your treatments, or increase the risk of infection. Disposable neb cups like Acorn II need to be replaced after every use.
<br />
<br />Tubing does not need to be washed, as air is continually pushed through during treatment, so after every treatment, simply let the compressor run for a few minutes to get any trapped moisture out.
<br />
<br />

happyone

We have PARI too but were told not to boil the neb piece. We put them in the dishwasher first to get them clean, but the water doesn't get hot enough... so after the dishwasher we put them in an old coffee pot, run water through and have them soak in there for half an hour.

happyone

We have PARI too but were told not to boil the neb piece. We put them in the dishwasher first to get them clean, but the water doesn't get hot enough... so after the dishwasher we put them in an old coffee pot, run water through and have them soak in there for half an hour.

happyone

happyone

happyone

Nightwriter

I'd like to clarify my suggestion in using vinegar. Robert is right. It should not be used to sterilize. But if you have hard water, in addition to boiling, you make have to use vinegar periodically to remove the lime (the chalky white film) which coats the nebulizers after boiling, causing them not to work properly.

A question for Robert: Where I live the water is very hard, so boiling them all the time, leaves that film. After treatments in the morning and sometimes the afternoon, I use the baby bottle sterilizer to disinifect. Then after the night's treatment, I soak in Control III which is one of the CF Foundations approved methods (kills pseudomonas). Can I wash it with tap water, then use the baby bottle sterilizer for 15 minutes? Steam does sterilize.

Any knowledge about this. There are a lot of people who use the baby bottle thing.

Nightwriter

I'd like to clarify my suggestion in using vinegar. Robert is right. It should not be used to sterilize. But if you have hard water, in addition to boiling, you make have to use vinegar periodically to remove the lime (the chalky white film) which coats the nebulizers after boiling, causing them not to work properly.

A question for Robert: Where I live the water is very hard, so boiling them all the time, leaves that film. After treatments in the morning and sometimes the afternoon, I use the baby bottle sterilizer to disinifect. Then after the night's treatment, I soak in Control III which is one of the CF Foundations approved methods (kills pseudomonas). Can I wash it with tap water, then use the baby bottle sterilizer for 15 minutes? Steam does sterilize.

Any knowledge about this. There are a lot of people who use the baby bottle thing.

Nightwriter

Nightwriter

Nightwriter

<br />
<br />A question for Robert: Where I live the water is very hard, so boiling them all the time, leaves that film. After treatments in the morning and sometimes the afternoon, I use the baby bottle sterilizer to disinifect. Then after the night's treatment, I soak in Control III which is one of the CF Foundations approved methods (kills pseudomonas). Can I wash it with tap water, then use the baby bottle sterilizer for 15 minutes? Steam does sterilize.
<br />
<br />Any knowledge about this. There are a lot of people who use the baby bottle thing.