PICC Lines

Chelsayyy93

I've had about 30 or so PICC lines in my lifetime, I'm 15. It sounds like a lot, but it doesn't seem like a lot. I get like 2 a year. well they give me a shot in my arm that numbs it, like a novacain shot thing. It feels like something stinging you very badly for a couple seconds then it stops. after that the only pain from the thing is when they are pushing it in and through your vain. i really don't mind PICC lines, getting my blood drawn or anything like that anymore because i'm so used to it. I used to be scared, so what you are feeling is completely normal. I still get nervous when I'm about to get mine everytime. My skin also reacts to the tape and dressing they use, to the point where it gets really itchy and turns red. That port thing sounds kinda cool, but i wouldn't want it because you would always have it, but the PICC line comes out. So maybe you could ask for the shot? Hope this helps.

Chelsayyy93

I've had about 30 or so PICC lines in my lifetime, I'm 15. It sounds like a lot, but it doesn't seem like a lot. I get like 2 a year. well they give me a shot in my arm that numbs it, like a novacain shot thing. It feels like something stinging you very badly for a couple seconds then it stops. after that the only pain from the thing is when they are pushing it in and through your vain. i really don't mind PICC lines, getting my blood drawn or anything like that anymore because i'm so used to it. I used to be scared, so what you are feeling is completely normal. I still get nervous when I'm about to get mine everytime. My skin also reacts to the tape and dressing they use, to the point where it gets really itchy and turns red. That port thing sounds kinda cool, but i wouldn't want it because you would always have it, but the PICC line comes out. So maybe you could ask for the shot? Hope this helps.

Chelsayyy93

Chelsayyy93

Chelsayyy93

Bostonsox44

I first started getting picc lines at 15 years old and was scared to get them. I got used to it after awhile then I switched hospitals and they done picc lines different then the other hospital, they put them in while i was awake. They gave me a shot of lidecane at the place they was gunna put the picc line and then used a surgical knife to make a hole then put it in. When i first heard how they done it, it scared me and i didnt want to do it but after giving it a try i found that there was no pain or anything involved. But i know how u feel, they can be a scary thing. There is an alternative place though. i used to get mine in the middle of my arm and hated it cause I felt like i cudnt move my arm or anything and when i switched hospitals they started putting them up on the inside of my arm below my armpit.

Bostonsox44

I first started getting picc lines at 15 years old and was scared to get them. I got used to it after awhile then I switched hospitals and they done picc lines different then the other hospital, they put them in while i was awake. They gave me a shot of lidecane at the place they was gunna put the picc line and then used a surgical knife to make a hole then put it in. When i first heard how they done it, it scared me and i didnt want to do it but after giving it a try i found that there was no pain or anything involved. But i know how u feel, they can be a scary thing. There is an alternative place though. i used to get mine in the middle of my arm and hated it cause I felt like i cudnt move my arm or anything and when i switched hospitals they started putting them up on the inside of my arm below my armpit.

Bostonsox44

Bostonsox44

Bostonsox44

Whizkid103

I had one about two years ago, also had my third bronch and first sinus surgery.
It was so....odd. I remember being so drugged. I like watched the doctor put it in and was laughing. Dear God I was like Robert Downey Jr. DX

Ugh, it was the worst two weeks of my life T_T
I was so happy when they pulled it out...but omg it felt so weird. It tickled and everything.
I'll try to get a pic of my scar up(right now lighting is bad). It's near the underside of my elbow. Almost looks like a "0o0" face

Whizkid103

I had one about two years ago, also had my third bronch and first sinus surgery.
It was so....odd. I remember being so drugged. I like watched the doctor put it in and was laughing. Dear God I was like Robert Downey Jr. DX

I was so happy when they pulled it out...but omg it felt so weird. It tickled and everything.
I'll try to get a pic of my scar up(right now lighting is bad). It's near the underside of my elbow. Almost looks like a "0o0" face

Whizkid103

Whizkid103

Whizkid103

<br />It was so....odd. I remember being so drugged. I like watched the doctor put it in and was laughing. Dear God I was like Robert Downey Jr. DX
<br />
<br />Ugh, it was the worst two weeks of my life T_T
<br />I was so happy when they pulled it out...but omg it felt so weird. It tickled and everything.
<br />I'll try to get a pic of my scar up(right now lighting is bad). It's near the underside of my elbow. Almost looks like a "0o0" face

fyrtongue

i hate piccs i always have it awake it sucks last one i hade it got jamed so it was like 10 min. till they got a new one to get to put in it hurt like crap but i mean it gets me beter and thats good but i hate them im always so frantic befor when there wheelchairing me down to the place they put it in but i got to watch a movie wile they put it in so it takes my mind off will they make the insesion to go in with the picc but like half way the bend my head side was and in that hurts but it keps the line from going up my main vain in close to my throat and afte when im home it get verry itchy and like in 3 days they come to my house and take blood and stuff and change the adhesive it hurts but im so so so so so so happy when i get the news that they take it out the next day after it leaves a red scar i hate it i wish theyd make it so when they took it out it wouln't leave a scar but it get me beter and thats the point of it i gues its not that bad xD =(

fyrtongue

i hate piccs i always have it awake it sucks last one i hade it got jamed so it was like 10 min. till they got a new one to get to put in it hurt like crap but i mean it gets me beter and thats good but i hate them im always so frantic befor when there wheelchairing me down to the place they put it in but i got to watch a movie wile they put it in so it takes my mind off will they make the insesion to go in with the picc but like half way the bend my head side was and in that hurts but it keps the line from going up my main vain in close to my throat and afte when im home it get verry itchy and like in 3 days they come to my house and take blood and stuff and change the adhesive it hurts but im so so so so so so happy when i get the news that they take it out the next day after it leaves a red scar i hate it i wish theyd make it so when they took it out it wouln't leave a scar but it get me beter and thats the point of it i gues its not that bad xD =(

fyrtongue

fyrtongue

fyrtongue