PICC Lines

T

tarheel

I've recently decided that enough is enough for picc lines. I had reactions to the adhesive on the upper part of my arm where they put them in, and when i requested it they would not put it where I wanted. It sounds like you're not using sedation? Thats hard. I only did it twice, and it was because I knew the team so well and all and I felt really okay with it. But after all the problems I've had with picc lines I've decided to get a port put in place. I actually go into surgery tommrow and get it placed. (actually for me, the small IVs hurt and freak me out more than picc lines because I have bad veins in my hand but good ones in my arm.) So I'll let you know how it is and if its better than Piccs (in my opinion)

T

tarheel

I've recently decided that enough is enough for picc lines. I had reactions to the adhesive on the upper part of my arm where they put them in, and when i requested it they would not put it where I wanted. It sounds like you're not using sedation? Thats hard. I only did it twice, and it was because I knew the team so well and all and I felt really okay with it. But after all the problems I've had with picc lines I've decided to get a port put in place. I actually go into surgery tommrow and get it placed. (actually for me, the small IVs hurt and freak me out more than picc lines because I have bad veins in my hand but good ones in my arm.) So I'll let you know how it is and if its better than Piccs (in my opinion)

T

tarheel

T

tarheel

T

tarheel

bananagirl

ya piccs make me nervous too and they kinda hurt at first. i have had four put in with sedation and that is good cuz u just feel happy all the time and then its done and in the only down side is then u can't eat for a certain amount of time which gets anoying so i have had them just put in with out sedation lately i just listen to my i-pod and try not to focus on what they are doing to me but it is still nerve racking and i hate it it is just better for me to be able to eat before it so i prefer to do it with no sedation but i bet if u would rather have to not eat for a little and have the picc placed while u were out of it you could just talk to ur doc

bananagirl

ya piccs make me nervous too and they kinda hurt at first. i have had four put in with sedation and that is good cuz u just feel happy all the time and then its done and in the only down side is then u can't eat for a certain amount of time which gets anoying so i have had them just put in with out sedation lately i just listen to my i-pod and try not to focus on what they are doing to me but it is still nerve racking and i hate it it is just better for me to be able to eat before it so i prefer to do it with no sedation but i bet if u would rather have to not eat for a little and have the picc placed while u were out of it you could just talk to ur doc

bananagirl

bananagirl

bananagirl

<br />
<br />

iwantmypup

I get nervous for any admission to go into the hospital. But just getting yearly shots and blood tests SCARES me SO much more than Picc lines do! XD I must be a weirdo!

I think its because they numb me and give me some meds to make me drowsy..it helps!

iwantmypup

I get nervous for any admission to go into the hospital. But just getting yearly shots and blood tests SCARES me SO much more than Picc lines do! XD I must be a weirdo!

I think its because they numb me and give me some meds to make me drowsy..it helps!

iwantmypup

iwantmypup

iwantmypup

<br />
<br />I think its because they numb me and give me some meds to make me drowsy..it helps!

xoxbethyy

Ask for a drug called VERSED next time. Its not sedation so they are more opt to due it and you won't feel/remember a thing! truely wonderful. although, careful I spilt the beans about my sisters surprise brial shower while on versed so it tends to make you loooopy.

xoxbethyy

Ask for a drug called VERSED next time. Its not sedation so they are more opt to due it and you won't feel/remember a thing! truely wonderful. although, careful I spilt the beans about my sisters surprise brial shower while on versed so it tends to make you loooopy.

xoxbethyy

xoxbethyy

xoxbethyy