Posers?

Landy

Lately I am hesitant to answer questions/offer input to "new" users to the site because I always wonder if they really have CF or are just trying to pull our chains. I guess this stems from some inconsistencies we've had in the recent past with new user(s).

A lot of the time the new users seem to have <i>very extreme </i>issues with their CF. I feel bad that I'm slightly suspicious of anyone new--these people may really have real issues!

Is anyone else feeling or reacting the same way or is it just me?

Landy

Lately I am hesitant to answer questions/offer input to "new" users to the site because I always wonder if they really have CF or are just trying to pull our chains. I guess this stems from some inconsistencies we've had in the recent past with new user(s).

A lot of the time the new users seem to have <i>very extreme </i>issues with their CF. I feel bad that I'm slightly suspicious of anyone new--these people may really have real issues!

Landy

Landy

Landy

<br />
<br />A lot of the time the new users seem to have <i>very extreme </i>issues with their CF. I feel bad that I'm slightly suspicious of anyone new--these people may really have real issues!
<br />
<br />Is anyone else feeling or reacting the same way or is it just me?
<br />
<br />

A

Aspiemom

I feel like I would like to err on the side of caution. I would think the odds are that they are genuine CFers and need help/support.

If they aren't and are "pulling our chain", what's the worst that will happen? People have a real problem if they come here and pretend they have CF or family member has it, but I'm just more concerned that someone is in need for real and they suffer because of a few imposters.

Not that I blame you, Lynda. It's hard when people ruin our trust.

A

Aspiemom

I feel like I would like to err on the side of caution. I would think the odds are that they are genuine CFers and need help/support.

If they aren't and are "pulling our chain", what's the worst that will happen? People have a real problem if they come here and pretend they have CF or family member has it, but I'm just more concerned that someone is in need for real and they suffer because of a few imposters.

A

Aspiemom

A

Aspiemom

A

Aspiemom

<br />
<br />If they aren't and are "pulling our chain", what's the worst that will happen? People have a real problem if they come here and pretend they have CF or family member has it, but I'm just more concerned that someone is in need for real and they suffer because of a few imposters.
<br />
<br />Not that I blame you, Lynda. It's hard when people ruin our trust.

kribensis

I am starting to get mad at the forums, becuse of some topics. They seem to be more torwards the prevention of carrying cf, then the treatment or help of others.
I am stating to thing this site is about stoping the spead of cf.
Ya thats why i am getting pissed. Its all about stopping kids from going through cf, and not about the good side any more.

kribensis

I am starting to get mad at the forums, becuse of some topics. They seem to be more torwards the prevention of carrying cf, then the treatment or help of others.
Ya thats why i am getting pissed. Its all about stopping kids from going through cf, and not about the good side any more.

kribensis

kribensis

kribensis

<br />I am stating to thing this site is about stoping the spead of cf.
<br />Ya thats why i am getting pissed. Its all about stopping kids from going through cf, and not about the good side any more.

Emily65Roses

Personally, I wound say preventing CF is a positive way to use this site... In addition, of course, to everything else.

As for the fakers, yes it does seem they are about. And I don't trust everything I read either. You're not alone.

Emily65Roses

Personally, I wound say preventing CF is a positive way to use this site... In addition, of course, to everything else.

As for the fakers, yes it does seem they are about. And I don't trust everything I read either. You're not alone.

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses

<br />
<br />As for the fakers, yes it does seem they are about. And I don't trust everything I read either. You're not alone.