<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>kybert</b></i>

uh huh *snore*</end quote></div>

and.....snore again. zzzz

CowTown

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>kybert</b></i>

uh huh *snore*</end quote></div>

and.....snore again. zzzz

lightNlife

Don't hold your breath. There's always a "possible" cure. The things that are being done are positive progress, sure. Either way, one of us will be exceptionally surprised if there's a cure in 10 years, and the other of us will be sorely disappointed. There hasn't been a cure for anything Jonas Salk hit upon the right formula for the polio vaccine.

lightNlife

Don't hold your breath. There's always a "possible" cure. The things that are being done are positive progress, sure. Either way, one of us will be exceptionally surprised if there's a cure in 10 years, and the other of us will be sorely disappointed. There hasn't been a cure for anything Jonas Salk hit upon the right formula for the polio vaccine.

lightNlife

thelizardqueen

I'll believe it when its available and works. I've been told every 10 years that a cure is ten years away, that CF will be cured in my lifetime, blah, blah, blah. H*ck, I should have been cured almost 3 times already if what the doctors kept telling me is true. Like I said, I'll believe it when I see it, and the fact that there is a cure is 100% true.

thelizardqueen

I'll believe it when its available and works. I've been told every 10 years that a cure is ten years away, that CF will be cured in my lifetime, blah, blah, blah. H*ck, I should have been cured almost 3 times already if what the doctors kept telling me is true. Like I said, I'll believe it when I see it, and the fact that there is a cure is 100% true.

thelizardqueen

NoExcuses

I was told there would be a cure in 5 years back in 1989 when the gene was discovered.

I'll believe it when I see it.

I think it's irresponsible for docs to make such predictions...

NoExcuses

I was told there would be a cure in 5 years back in 1989 when the gene was discovered.

NoExcuses

Scarlett81

There are people that pray seriously every day for their loved ones to receive a cure and there's nothing wrong with that hope. I know my husband has prayed for one, but until that day comes if it ever does-I go on, I plan accordingly and don't think much about a cure. I think about taking the best possible care of myself.

But as there are parents, caregivers and loved ones of cfers on this site that still hold that hope-while facing the illness and fighting-I respect that and try to maintain sensitivity to it. There's nothing wrong with hope.

Scarlett81

There are people that pray seriously every day for their loved ones to receive a cure and there's nothing wrong with that hope. I know my husband has prayed for one, but until that day comes if it ever does-I go on, I plan accordingly and don't think much about a cure. I think about taking the best possible care of myself.

But as there are parents, caregivers and loved ones of cfers on this site that still hold that hope-while facing the illness and fighting-I respect that and try to maintain sensitivity to it. There's nothing wrong with hope.

Scarlett81

becca23

I seriously believe that there will never be a cure. Medication that totally controls the disease yes,a cure NO. It all boils down to money and the pharmacuetical companies. Just imagine if there was a cure discovered for CF, cancer or any other life threatening disease they would be out of business.

becca23

I seriously believe that there will never be a cure. Medication that totally controls the disease yes,a cure NO. It all boils down to money and the pharmacuetical companies. Just imagine if there was a cure discovered for CF, cancer or any other life threatening disease they would be out of business.

becca23