Post G-Tube surgery

jonflath

@soderick I was on IV antibiotics for about 5 weeks before that because of an exacerbation. At my clinic they usually do a few days before and after because you dont vest for a little while and not full vests even after that so they want to make sure things dont get too bad.

@crystalina It was kind of last resort for me. Trying to get in a ton of calories was just too much during the day with my schedule and me just not being that hungry. RIght now I am getting 1500 calories over night and usually by 11 or noon I am hungry for lunch. I talked to someone who said that they get 2000-2500 over night. It all depends on how long and at what rate you use. I have 8 ounce cans that are 500 calories. I dont take enzymes before and after, instead I have viokase which is an enzyme powder that you put in with it and it works quite well.

jonflath

@soderick I was on IV antibiotics for about 5 weeks before that because of an exacerbation. At my clinic they usually do a few days before and after because you dont vest for a little while and not full vests even after that so they want to make sure things dont get too bad.

@crystalina It was kind of last resort for me. Trying to get in a ton of calories was just too much during the day with my schedule and me just not being that hungry. RIght now I am getting 1500 calories over night and usually by 11 or noon I am hungry for lunch. I talked to someone who said that they get 2000-2500 over night. It all depends on how long and at what rate you use. I have 8 ounce cans that are 500 calories. I dont take enzymes before and after, instead I have viokase which is an enzyme powder that you put in with it and it works quite well.

jonflath

jonflath

jonflath

<br />
<br />@crystalina It was kind of last resort for me. Trying to get in a ton of calories was just too much during the day with my schedule and me just not being that hungry. RIght now I am getting 1500 calories over night and usually by 11 or noon I am hungry for lunch. I talked to someone who said that they get 2000-2500 over night. It all depends on how long and at what rate you use. I have 8 ounce cans that are 500 calories. I dont take enzymes before and after, instead I have viokase which is an enzyme powder that you put in with it and it works quite well.

jbrandonAW

Yeah Im the same as them I get 3 cans of 500 cal formula over night and then eat normal during the day. SINCE my surgery on monday I have put on 4 lbs. I still in the hospital b/c I am getting a course of IV's.

@CRYSTALINA -the reason I got my button was b/c I was down to 97lbs and I haven't been able to get above 105 for over 6 months. (I should be 125). So we decided that for my health it was better for me to have the button b/c stressing over food was worse for me.

I am still in pain though an my doctor is being a douche about pain meds!!!

jbrandonAW

Yeah Im the same as them I get 3 cans of 500 cal formula over night and then eat normal during the day. SINCE my surgery on monday I have put on 4 lbs. I still in the hospital b/c I am getting a course of IV's.

@CRYSTALINA -the reason I got my button was b/c I was down to 97lbs and I haven't been able to get above 105 for over 6 months. (I should be 125). So we decided that for my health it was better for me to have the button b/c stressing over food was worse for me.

jbrandonAW

jbrandonAW

jbrandonAW

<br />
<br />@CRYSTALINA -the reason I got my button was b/c I was down to 97lbs and I haven't been able to get above 105 for over 6 months. (I should be 125). So we decided that for my health it was better for me to have the button b/c stressing over food was worse for me.
<br />
<br />I am still in pain though an my doctor is being a douche about pain meds!!!