Potty Training Tales

rubyroselee

Just thought I'd share....

I tried the Dr. Phil method today and it worked! Landon went to the potty about 4 times today. He did have a couple accidents on the carpet, but he did a good job of going on the potty to finish once I caught him. But at least it's a good start!

rubyroselee

I tried the Dr. Phil method today and it worked! Landon went to the potty about 4 times today. He did have a couple accidents on the carpet, but he did a good job of going on the potty to finish once I caught him. But at least it's a good start!

rubyroselee

rubyroselee

rubyroselee

<br />
<br />I tried the Dr. Phil method today and it worked! Landon went to the potty about 4 times today. He did have a couple accidents on the carpet, but he did a good job of going on the potty to finish once I caught him. But at least it's a good start!

mamaScarlett

wow leah, thats awesome!!
i'm thinking of trying that w my lo next week.
for now i'm taking a break bc she was getting very frustrated and upset, and i didn't want to turn this into a bad experience for her.
thanks alot for the info, i'll def be trying it!

everyone please keep shaering!

mamaScarlett

for now i'm taking a break bc she was getting very frustrated and upset, and i didn't want to turn this into a bad experience for her.

mamaScarlett

mamaScarlett

mamaScarlett

<br />i'm thinking of trying that w my lo next week.
<br />for now i'm taking a break bc she was getting very frustrated and upset, and i didn't want to turn this into a bad experience for her.
<br />thanks alot for the info, i'll def be trying it!
<br />
<br />everyone please keep shaering!

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
With DS, naked time meant he'd poop and pee on my floor. As did nice big boy briefs. Pull ups were like diapers, so he just used those.

I was so frustrated, but then his daycare director told me that he was ready, he was waking up dry from naps, was going potty for them -- apparently there were a number of kids his age that they were going to work with on potty training. I was instructed to buy a dozen pairs of thick cotton training pants and plastic pants. First couple days I dreaded going anywhere because he'd say "I gotta go potty, which meant right then and there". But he got used to the not so nice wet feeling, got used to feeling that he needed to go and was able to hold it.

He was totally trained within two weeks. I still kept a pull up on him at night, but it was almost always dry.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
With DS, naked time meant he'd poop and pee on my floor. As did nice big boy briefs. Pull ups were like diapers, so he just used those.

I was so frustrated, but then his daycare director told me that he was ready, he was waking up dry from naps, was going potty for them -- apparently there were a number of kids his age that they were going to work with on potty training. I was instructed to buy a dozen pairs of thick cotton training pants and plastic pants. First couple days I dreaded going anywhere because he'd say "I gotta go potty, which meant right then and there". But he got used to the not so nice wet feeling, got used to feeling that he needed to go and was able to hold it.

He was totally trained within two weeks. I still kept a pull up on him at night, but it was almost always dry.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />I was so frustrated, but then his daycare director told me that he was ready, he was waking up dry from naps, was going potty for them -- apparently there were a number of kids his age that they were going to work with on potty training. I was instructed to buy a dozen pairs of thick cotton training pants and plastic pants. First couple days I dreaded going anywhere because he'd say "I gotta go potty, which meant right then and there". But he got used to the not so nice wet feeling, got used to feeling that he needed to go and was able to hold it.
<br />
<br />He was totally trained within two weeks. I still kept a pull up on him at night, but it was almost always dry.

rubyroselee

Yeah, with the Dr. Phil method we have been keeping him either naked from the waist down or with big boy underwear. If we put a pull-up on him he pretty much just goes in that because it feels just like a diaper...so the feeling has be different for them to notice that they have to use the potty (i.e. naked or underwear). On day two (today), he went potty all day on the potty chair with no accidents...except poo poo accidents, which are expected since he's not wearing anything and poo poo comes later in training.

rubyroselee

Yeah, with the Dr. Phil method we have been keeping him either naked from the waist down or with big boy underwear. If we put a pull-up on him he pretty much just goes in that because it feels just like a diaper...so the feeling has be different for them to notice that they have to use the potty (i.e. naked or underwear). On day two (today), he went potty all day on the potty chair with no accidents...except poo poo accidents, which are expected since he's not wearing anything and poo poo comes later in training.

rubyroselee

rubyroselee

rubyroselee