Prednisone

Hermit

Hi everyone,

Many of you know me because I used to post a fair bit last year and I had a blog with some comics on it etc.

Anyway, my health took a major nosedive in November when I broke my ribs and now I'm listed for transplant (I was listed May 13th) here in Vancouver, Canada, where I'm from.

My question is: I think I want to go on prednisone because I can't take any anti-inflammatories like ibuprofin or aspirin, and I want to be able to cut down on my use of tylenol and occasionally morphine. I think that while I"m waiting for my transplant it might be useful for me, as I am worried about my rate of decline and how hard it is for me to do anything, despite a huge amount of effort being put out on my part. I've heard it helps your appetite and cuts pain caused by inflammation, and these are two of my biggest issues.

Are any of you on pred? What do you think of it? Why did you get it prescribed?

I don't have diabetes, osteoporosis or arthritis, and I already take Symbicort.

Thanks!

Hermit

Hi everyone,

Many of you know me because I used to post a fair bit last year and I had a blog with some comics on it etc.

Anyway, my health took a major nosedive in November when I broke my ribs and now I'm listed for transplant (I was listed May 13th) here in Vancouver, Canada, where I'm from.

My question is: I think I want to go on prednisone because I can't take any anti-inflammatories like ibuprofin or aspirin, and I want to be able to cut down on my use of tylenol and occasionally morphine. I think that while I"m waiting for my transplant it might be useful for me, as I am worried about my rate of decline and how hard it is for me to do anything, despite a huge amount of effort being put out on my part. I've heard it helps your appetite and cuts pain caused by inflammation, and these are two of my biggest issues.

Thanks!

Hermit

Hi everyone,

Thanks!

Hermit

Hi everyone,

Thanks!

Hermit

Hi everyone,
<br />
<br />Many of you know me because I used to post a fair bit last year and I had a blog with some comics on it etc.
<br />
<br />Anyway, my health took a major nosedive in November when I broke my ribs and now I'm listed for transplant (I was listed May 13th) here in Vancouver, Canada, where I'm from.
<br />
<br />My question is: I think I want to go on prednisone because I can't take any anti-inflammatories like ibuprofin or aspirin, and I want to be able to cut down on my use of tylenol and occasionally morphine. I think that while I"m waiting for my transplant it might be useful for me, as I am worried about my rate of decline and how hard it is for me to do anything, despite a huge amount of effort being put out on my part. I've heard it helps your appetite and cuts pain caused by inflammation, and these are two of my biggest issues.
<br />
<br />Are any of you on pred? What do you think of it? Why did you get it prescribed?
<br />
<br />I don't have diabetes, osteoporosis or arthritis, and I already take Symbicort.
<br />
<br />Thanks!

Jane

Digital opinion leader
Hi Chris!

There is nothing useful for me to offer, but I did want to say hello. I'm sorry your health has suffered this year. Hope you get some meaningful replies.

Jane

Jane

Digital opinion leader
Hi Chris!

There is nothing useful for me to offer, but I did want to say hello. I'm sorry your health has suffered this year. Hope you get some meaningful replies.

Jane

Jane

Digital opinion leader
Hi Chris!

Jane

Jane

Digital opinion leader
Hi Chris!

Jane

Jane

Digital opinion leader
Hi Chris!
<br />
<br />There is nothing useful for me to offer, but I did want to say hello. I'm sorry your health has suffered this year. Hope you get some meaningful replies.
<br />
<br />Jane

jbrandonAW

Well I can't tell you how pred would help you in your situation. All I can do is pass out a few warnings

W#1 - Try not to stay on it for to long - I have osteopenia from it. And if you do - keep up with vit d checks and bone scans - and make sure you take calcium and vit d.

W#2 - Do NOT take pred with cipro unless its a must. There was a big thing about how cipro can cause muscle/tenden tears and its exaserbated with the use of anabolic steriods.

Good Luck.

jbrandonAW

Well I can't tell you how pred would help you in your situation. All I can do is pass out a few warnings

W#1 - Try not to stay on it for to long - I have osteopenia from it. And if you do - keep up with vit d checks and bone scans - and make sure you take calcium and vit d.

W#2 - Do NOT take pred with cipro unless its a must. There was a big thing about how cipro can cause muscle/tenden tears and its exaserbated with the use of anabolic steriods.

Good Luck.

jbrandonAW

Good Luck.

jbrandonAW

Good Luck.

jbrandonAW

<br />
<br />W#1 - Try not to stay on it for to long - I have osteopenia from it. And if you do - keep up with vit d checks and bone scans - and make sure you take calcium and vit d.
<br />
<br />W#2 - Do NOT take pred with cipro unless its a must. There was a big thing about how cipro can cause muscle/tenden tears and its exaserbated with the use of anabolic steriods.
<br />
<br />Good Luck.

Hermit

Not stay on it for too long? But after transplant I'm going to be on it for the rest of my life! I wonder if it makes a difference to be on it a few extra months or not while I'm waiting?

And I know for sure I wouldn't be taking it with cipro, because my bugs have been resistant to that stuff since I was 15! I wonder about sulfa?

Hermit

Not stay on it for too long? But after transplant I'm going to be on it for the rest of my life! I wonder if it makes a difference to be on it a few extra months or not while I'm waiting?

And I know for sure I wouldn't be taking it with cipro, because my bugs have been resistant to that stuff since I was 15! I wonder about sulfa?

Hermit

Hermit

Hermit

<br />
<br />And I know for sure I wouldn't be taking it with cipro, because my bugs have been resistant to that stuff since I was 15! I wonder about sulfa?