prenatal level 2 ultrasound question

Nicole

Our son with CF showed echogenic bowel at about 22 weeks when I went in for a level 2 ultrasound for a different issue. We declined an amnio and my husband and I were sent for carrier testing which obviously came back positive. My care was then transferred to a perinatologist who did ultrasounds every month. Near the end of the pregnancy I was having stress tests and ultrasounds weekly. They wanted to keep a close eye on his bowels and make sure that they didn't burst and that he wasn't in distress.

Nicole

Our son with CF showed echogenic bowel at about 22 weeks when I went in for a level 2 ultrasound for a different issue. We declined an amnio and my husband and I were sent for carrier testing which obviously came back positive. My care was then transferred to a perinatologist who did ultrasounds every month. Near the end of the pregnancy I was having stress tests and ultrasounds weekly. They wanted to keep a close eye on his bowels and make sure that they didn't burst and that he wasn't in distress.

Nicole

Nicole

Nicole

S

sdelorenzo

My son showed bright bowel at 24 weeks along. He was born with MI. Thankfully he was able to avoid surgery because we knew about his blockage ahead of time. He had a lot of enemas and finally cleared his bowels on day 10.

It is a good idea to go to a perinatal dr every month or so to check for intestinal problems. I am pregnant again and 30 weeks along. I go to the high level ultrasound every month. Thankfully the dr said the baby just looks like it has normal meconium.
Sharon

S

sdelorenzo

My son showed bright bowel at 24 weeks along. He was born with MI. Thankfully he was able to avoid surgery because we knew about his blockage ahead of time. He had a lot of enemas and finally cleared his bowels on day 10.

It is a good idea to go to a perinatal dr every month or so to check for intestinal problems. I am pregnant again and 30 weeks along. I go to the high level ultrasound every month. Thankfully the dr said the baby just looks like it has normal meconium.
Sharon

S

sdelorenzo

Sharon

S

sdelorenzo

Sharon

S

sdelorenzo

<br />
<br />It is a good idea to go to a perinatal dr every month or so to check for intestinal problems. I am pregnant again and 30 weeks along. I go to the high level ultrasound every month. Thankfully the dr said the baby just looks like it has normal meconium.
<br />Sharon

U

usedtobeinca

We are currently expecting another son, and are about 25wks along. While we did not go the CVS route (as we did not with our first), our team is scheduling targeted ultrasounds every month or so to look for echogenic bowel. Latest ultrasound was last Tues and all looks clear! It is my understanding from our perinatology dept. that, while early, it is not unheard of for echogenicity to present at this stage.

U

usedtobeinca

We are currently expecting another son, and are about 25wks along. While we did not go the CVS route (as we did not with our first), our team is scheduling targeted ultrasounds every month or so to look for echogenic bowel. Latest ultrasound was last Tues and all looks clear! It is my understanding from our perinatology dept. that, while early, it is not unheard of for echogenicity to present at this stage.

U

usedtobeinca

U

usedtobeinca

U

usedtobeinca

<br />
<br />

amber682

Thanks everyone for your replies!
Just wondering what to expect as far as the ultrasounds go.

I have my fingers crossed that everything looks ok, but that if there is a problem that we will atleast know ahead of time and maybe be able to avoid surgery.

I will be sure to ask my OB on my next appt in about 2 weeks how often she plans on having me go for a US. From your replies it seems like about every month is the norm.

amber682

I have my fingers crossed that everything looks ok, but that if there is a problem that we will atleast know ahead of time and maybe be able to avoid surgery.

I will be sure to ask my OB on my next appt in about 2 weeks how often she plans on having me go for a US. From your replies it seems like about every month is the norm.

amber682

amber682

amber682

<br />Just wondering what to expect as far as the ultrasounds go.
<br />
<br />I have my fingers crossed that everything looks ok, but that if there is a problem that we will atleast know ahead of time and maybe be able to avoid surgery.
<br />
<br />I will be sure to ask my OB on my next appt in about 2 weeks how often she plans on having me go for a US. From your replies it seems like about every month is the norm.