prenatal level 2 ultrasound question

S

Stacia

Stacia was born at 31 weeks with the bowel obstruction. They were able to find it in the ultrasound then. We didn't know Stacia had CF at that point. But she had stopped moving and when she did move her heart rate would drop, so they knew something was wrong. But the bad thing for us is that we didn't find out for nine years that Stacia has CF.

S

Stacia

Stacia was born at 31 weeks with the bowel obstruction. They were able to find it in the ultrasound then. We didn't know Stacia had CF at that point. But she had stopped moving and when she did move her heart rate would drop, so they knew something was wrong. But the bad thing for us is that we didn't find out for nine years that Stacia has CF.

S

Stacia

S

Stacia

S

Stacia

Chilemom

need to know if my oldest daughter that has cf didn´t show at her ultrasound her cf, do you think that we will know (i am 18 weeks)now if the baby has cf or not just with the ultrasounds (now that we know the chances of cf)?
other thing, good to know that we are a lot of women pregnant with chances to have our second baby with cf.

Chilemom

need to know if my oldest daughter that has cf didn´t show at her ultrasound her cf, do you think that we will know (i am 18 weeks)now if the baby has cf or not just with the ultrasounds (now that we know the chances of cf)?
other thing, good to know that we are a lot of women pregnant with chances to have our second baby with cf.

Chilemom

Chilemom

Chilemom

<br />other thing, good to know that we are a lot of women pregnant with chances to have our second baby with cf.
<br />

M

Mommafirst

I think the chances are good that they can see the bowels, but my dd was born with an obstruction and we must've had 10 ultrasounds and they never saw an echogenic bowel. :shrug:

M

Mommafirst

I think the chances are good that they can see the bowels, but my dd was born with an obstruction and we must've had 10 ultrasounds and they never saw an echogenic bowel. :shrug:

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

fourkidsmom

We found out that my son had CF when I was 7 months pregnant and the reason they tested for it was because they seen a blocked bowel in the ultrasound. So yes, they can see a blocked bowel in ultrasound. I would suggest finding out if your baby does have one before birth. My sons actually had burst so we had a c-section planned because of his bowel situation and I also had gestational diabeties with him so he weighed 9 pound and 4 oz. at birth (which he lost alot of weight from not being able to eat and he had the surgery a birth.

Good luck with everything. If you have any more questions please PM me.

fourkidsmom

We found out that my son had CF when I was 7 months pregnant and the reason they tested for it was because they seen a blocked bowel in the ultrasound. So yes, they can see a blocked bowel in ultrasound. I would suggest finding out if your baby does have one before birth. My sons actually had burst so we had a c-section planned because of his bowel situation and I also had gestational diabeties with him so he weighed 9 pound and 4 oz. at birth (which he lost alot of weight from not being able to eat and he had the surgery a birth.

fourkidsmom

fourkidsmom

fourkidsmom

<br />
<br />Good luck with everything. If you have any more questions please PM me.
<br />
<br />