Q's about G-Tubes

jacksmom

Scheesman

It seems like both of our little ones had very tough starts.

We had no indication that there was anything wrong with Jack. His 20 week ultrasound did not show anything abnormal and his birth could not have gone better...other then myself having terrible back labor and Jack coming a full five weeks early.
Jack's stomach was slightly distended and bruised looking (something that was hardly noticable to me). The nurses called the pediatrition on call and either an x-ray or ultrasound was ordered (I can't remember which). All that showed was a mass in his abdomen so they put in the orders for Jack to be transfered to Blank Childrens Hosptial. He transfered at 8 hours old and at 12 hours old he was undergoing his first surgery. Three hours later we found out he had Meconium Ileus and most likely cystic fibrosis.

We have one other child named Chloe. She just turned seven this past August. We had her tested after Jack was born and she thankfully does not have cf.
Here is a pix of her and Jack

jacksmom

Scheesman

We had no indication that there was anything wrong with Jack. His 20 week ultrasound did not show anything abnormal and his birth could not have gone better...other then myself having terrible back labor and Jack coming a full five weeks early.
Jack's stomach was slightly distended and bruised looking (something that was hardly noticable to me). The nurses called the pediatrition on call and either an x-ray or ultrasound was ordered (I can't remember which). All that showed was a mass in his abdomen so they put in the orders for Jack to be transfered to Blank Childrens Hosptial. He transfered at 8 hours old and at 12 hours old he was undergoing his first surgery. Three hours later we found out he had Meconium Ileus and most likely cystic fibrosis.

We have one other child named Chloe. She just turned seven this past August. We had her tested after Jack was born and she thankfully does not have cf.

jacksmom

Scheesman

jacksmom

Scheesman

jacksmom

Scheesman

S

scheesman

Hey April,

In Florida it became a standard test last year. Liz also had the test because I was born with spinal bifida.

S

scheesman

Hey April,

In Florida it became a standard test last year. Liz also had the test because I was born with spinal bifida.

S

scheesman

Hey April,

S

scheesman

Hey April,

S

scheesman

Hey April,