Question burning the top of my head

Cerulean

I must say I have the same fears as you, though I don't quite define myself as a CFer exclusively. I keep telling myself that why would anyone want to deal with me and the prospect of me dying when they could have a long happy relationship with someone healthy. I know these are irrational thoughts, but sometimes I can't help feeling this way.

It doesn't help that I am gay either. Gay culture is so obsessed with beauty, youth, perfection, and health, it's hard not to think this way sometimes.

Cerulean

I must say I have the same fears as you, though I don't quite define myself as a CFer exclusively. I keep telling myself that why would anyone want to deal with me and the prospect of me dying when they could have a long happy relationship with someone healthy. I know these are irrational thoughts, but sometimes I can't help feeling this way.

It doesn't help that I am gay either. Gay culture is so obsessed with beauty, youth, perfection, and health, it's hard not to think this way sometimes.

Cerulean

Cerulean

Cerulean

<br />
<br />It doesn't help that I am gay either. Gay culture is so obsessed with beauty, youth, perfection, and health, it's hard not to think this way sometimes.

cll424

I can totally relate as well. I'm a 20 year old female, and never had a boyfriend. I know I am pretty shy, and insecure about my body, and self conscious of my coughing and runny nose all the time. Sometimes I just wish someone would be there for me like some people on these forums, who have spouses or bf/gf that love them so much to push them no matter what... And I know my parents and friends do the same, but it's still not the same... I guess I just don't know what to do.
But at the same time, you shouldn't look at it from a negative point of view. I mean everyone has their fault, whether it's health related or not, and some even have it worse, and still manage to be loved. I think that when you find someone who loves you, she will accept you with all your faults, because that's what love is, caring so much about someone that you support them through everything, and do anything for them. So I wouldn't worry about 'dragging someone down with you', because when you find someone who loves you, the CF won't matter.

cll424

I can totally relate as well. I'm a 20 year old female, and never had a boyfriend. I know I am pretty shy, and insecure about my body, and self conscious of my coughing and runny nose all the time. Sometimes I just wish someone would be there for me like some people on these forums, who have spouses or bf/gf that love them so much to push them no matter what... And I know my parents and friends do the same, but it's still not the same... I guess I just don't know what to do.
But at the same time, you shouldn't look at it from a negative point of view. I mean everyone has their fault, whether it's health related or not, and some even have it worse, and still manage to be loved. I think that when you find someone who loves you, she will accept you with all your faults, because that's what love is, caring so much about someone that you support them through everything, and do anything for them. So I wouldn't worry about 'dragging someone down with you', because when you find someone who loves you, the CF won't matter.

cll424

cll424

cll424

<br />But at the same time, you shouldn't look at it from a negative point of view. I mean everyone has their fault, whether it's health related or not, and some even have it worse, and still manage to be loved. I think that when you find someone who loves you, she will accept you with all your faults, because that's what love is, caring so much about someone that you support them through everything, and do anything for them. So I wouldn't worry about 'dragging someone down with you', because when you find someone who loves you, the CF won't matter.

JenWren

I was so uplifted by all of your stories. Bluebeam all such good advice I hope you take all of it to heart and begin to put out positive energy and using language like " I am on the verge of Living all the time" instead of " dying all the time" , there is a huge difference when using affirmative dialogue with yourself. Maybe you can start with the idea of using affirmative language so that for every negative thought, or gross thought, you can turn it around and name some of the great things about your self or focus not on the green sticky stuff but more of the handsome, fine, muscular, slender, intelligent, thought provoking, healthy minded, wonderful person that you are.

JenWren 50rs CF " a real catch"!!!! married 26yrs

JenWren

I was so uplifted by all of your stories. Bluebeam all such good advice I hope you take all of it to heart and begin to put out positive energy and using language like " I am on the verge of Living all the time" instead of " dying all the time" , there is a huge difference when using affirmative dialogue with yourself. Maybe you can start with the idea of using affirmative language so that for every negative thought, or gross thought, you can turn it around and name some of the great things about your self or focus not on the green sticky stuff but more of the handsome, fine, muscular, slender, intelligent, thought provoking, healthy minded, wonderful person that you are.

JenWren

JenWren

JenWren

<br />
<br />JenWren 50rs CF " a real catch"!!!! married 26yrs