question

douglaslang85

Hey, I say go for it...When I was healthier and I was away at college two years ago going on three...I donated to the american red cross and I was fine and they were fine with having me donate...I have a donor card and everything else...As long as your healthy enough your doctor won't care either...I know mine didn't at the time...Just make sure your healthy enough and you eat plenty that day...hehe

douglaslang85

Hey, I say go for it...When I was healthier and I was away at college two years ago going on three...I donated to the american red cross and I was fine and they were fine with having me donate...I have a donor card and everything else...As long as your healthy enough your doctor won't care either...I know mine didn't at the time...Just make sure your healthy enough and you eat plenty that day...hehe

douglaslang85

douglaslang85

douglaslang85

douglaslang85

Wheezie

We have blood drives at my office quite often and I am not eligible because a) donors must weigh 110 lbs or more and b) donors must not have taken antibiotics within the past 2 weeks (or something like that) and I'm on antibiotics ALWAYS. Oh yeah, and you can't have received a transfusion yourself within the past how ever many years, which I have, so I'm out on a number of levels!!

Can't say I didn't try though - What I do now is try to get at least one friend or family member to donate FOR me (and one time my best friend who is deathly afraid of needles did it, in my honor - I was so proud of her!!)

Wheezie

We have blood drives at my office quite often and I am not eligible because a) donors must weigh 110 lbs or more and b) donors must not have taken antibiotics within the past 2 weeks (or something like that) and I'm on antibiotics ALWAYS. Oh yeah, and you can't have received a transfusion yourself within the past how ever many years, which I have, so I'm out on a number of levels!!

Can't say I didn't try though - What I do now is try to get at least one friend or family member to donate FOR me (and one time my best friend who is deathly afraid of needles did it, in my honor - I was so proud of her!!)

Wheezie

Wheezie

Wheezie

Wheezie

lightNlife

You may donate even if you have a chronic illness (e.g. CF) as long as you meet the following:

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Most chronic illnesses are acceptable as long as you feel well, the condition is under good control, you have an adequate hemoglobin level and your temperature is normal when you come to donate, and you meet all other <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.redcross.org/services/biomed/0,1082,0_557_,00.html">eligibility requirements</a> </end quote></div>

lightNlife

You may donate even if you have a chronic illness (e.g. CF) as long as you meet the following:

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Most chronic illnesses are acceptable as long as you feel well, the condition is under good control, you have an adequate hemoglobin level and your temperature is normal when you come to donate, and you meet all other <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.redcross.org/services/biomed/0,1082,0_557_,00.html">eligibility requirements</a> </end quote></div>

lightNlife

lightNlife

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Most chronic illnesses are acceptable as long as you feel well, the condition is under good control, you have an adequate hemoglobin level and your temperature is normal when you come to donate, and you meet all other <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.redcross.org/services/biomed/0,1082,0_557_,00.html">eligibility requirements</a> </end quote>

lightNlife

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Most chronic illnesses are acceptable as long as you feel well, the condition is under good control, you have an adequate hemoglobin level and your temperature is normal when you come to donate, and you meet all other <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.redcross.org/services/biomed/0,1082,0_557_,00.html">eligibility requirements</a> </end quote>

Faust

I've been told no twice. They knew nothing about me cf wise till I gave them information on the drugs I took, they asked me what I was taking those drugs for, and I told them. The lady made a phone call to someone downtown and in charge, and she told them no. I didn't ask why. It is possible that our blood might be nappy due to all the drugs we are on, atleast for those who might be very ill (needing blood).

Faust

I've been told no twice. They knew nothing about me cf wise till I gave them information on the drugs I took, they asked me what I was taking those drugs for, and I told them. The lady made a phone call to someone downtown and in charge, and she told them no. I didn't ask why. It is possible that our blood might be nappy due to all the drugs we are on, atleast for those who might be very ill (needing blood).

Faust