Questions

lmattaway

Okay, I fear this is going to sound stupid, but I'm asking it anyway. If we drink tap water, bathe in it, brush our teeth with it... what makes putting it through our noses any different? Could someone clue me in to the logical argument that I must be missing here?

lmattaway

Okay, I fear this is going to sound stupid, but I'm asking it anyway. If we drink tap water, bathe in it, brush our teeth with it... what makes putting it through our noses any different? Could someone clue me in to the logical argument that I must be missing here?

lmattaway

lmattaway

lmattaway

Havoc

Well, you are correct in that every time you take a shower you are likely giving yourself a good dose of Pseudomonas and perhaps aspergillus and half a dozen others. We can't live in a bubble, having said that, you don't want to rinse your sinuses with bacteria laden water either. It's a balancing act.

Havoc

Well, you are correct in that every time you take a shower you are likely giving yourself a good dose of Pseudomonas and perhaps aspergillus and half a dozen others. We can't live in a bubble, having said that, you don't want to rinse your sinuses with bacteria laden water either. It's a balancing act.

Havoc

Havoc

Havoc

Havoc

Havoc

Havoc

Havoc

Havoc

petnurse

Not stupid...but, your nose is a direct passage to your lungs. The rest of your body, hopefully not. If you drink it, or brush your teeth with it, unless you choke, it should go down your esophagus, not your trachea, so you shouldn't be inhaling it. Like it was just said, though, if you take a shower, you probably are inhaling it.

petnurse

Not stupid...but, your nose is a direct passage to your lungs. The rest of your body, hopefully not. If you drink it, or brush your teeth with it, unless you choke, it should go down your esophagus, not your trachea, so you shouldn't be inhaling it. Like it was just said, though, if you take a shower, you probably are inhaling it.

petnurse

petnurse

petnurse