Questions

petnurse

FYI: you can avoid the majority of the shower bugs if you turn your shower on hot and don't get in right away (which most don't anyway). Most pseudo bugs get shot out in the first few seconds an hot water can help get them out!

petnurse

FYI: you can avoid the majority of the shower bugs if you turn your shower on hot and don't get in right away (which most don't anyway). Most pseudo bugs get shot out in the first few seconds an hot water can help get them out!

petnurse

petnurse

petnurse

theLostMiler

Update:

I talked to my local pulmonologist last night, and asked him about the sinus flushes, again he said the tap water was not used mainly b/c chlorine irrates the lining of the nasal passages.

I asked him about breathing in the particles but he said that the nasal passages arent sterile to begin with so they arent concerned about flushing with sterile water although the saline in the water acts as a somewhat antibacterial agent he said anyways, thats why you put saline in, instead of just water he said.

He said lungs, you have to be sterile with, but not the nasal passages....

I am calling my real cf center as soon as my contact lady gets back, she'll be back on monday...

otherwise im just holding off haha

theLostMiler

Update:

I talked to my local pulmonologist last night, and asked him about the sinus flushes, again he said the tap water was not used mainly b/c chlorine irrates the lining of the nasal passages.

I asked him about breathing in the particles but he said that the nasal passages arent sterile to begin with so they arent concerned about flushing with sterile water although the saline in the water acts as a somewhat antibacterial agent he said anyways, thats why you put saline in, instead of just water he said.

I am calling my real cf center as soon as my contact lady gets back, she'll be back on monday...

theLostMiler

Update:

theLostMiler

Update:

theLostMiler

Update:
<br />
<br />I talked to my local pulmonologist last night, and asked him about the sinus flushes, again he said the tap water was not used mainly b/c chlorine irrates the lining of the nasal passages.
<br />
<br />I asked him about breathing in the particles but he said that the nasal passages arent sterile to begin with so they arent concerned about flushing with sterile water although the saline in the water acts as a somewhat antibacterial agent he said anyways, thats why you put saline in, instead of just water he said.
<br />
<br />He said lungs, you have to be sterile with, but not the nasal passages....
<br />
<br />I am calling my real cf center as soon as my contact lady gets back, she'll be back on monday...
<br />
<br />otherwise im just holding off haha

hmw

That is a good point that the saline has antibacterial properties... however the saline content is vital because plain water (of any kind) would really burn!

I also feel sterilizing the water is really easy in this case, whereas so many other things in the environment we/our kids live in are simply out of our control (i.e. we can't take a sterile shower and I refuse to make myself crazy over that; and I won't keep Emily away from another prime source of PA, i.e. the great outdoors.) However, this we can control.

I also figure this type of irrigation is kind of 'forced' ...it really flushes a lot of water through, when Emily is congested sometimes bloody stuff is washed out so the water comes in contact with raw tissue at times- so I want the water to be as clean as possible. As a side note, I figured I'd also mention that the parts of Emily's saline bottles (we have a Neilmed one as well as an Ayr) do just fine getting sterilized in our Avent sterilizer (plug-in model.)

hmw

That is a good point that the saline has antibacterial properties... however the saline content is vital because plain water (of any kind) would really burn!

I also feel sterilizing the water is really easy in this case, whereas so many other things in the environment we/our kids live in are simply out of our control (i.e. we can't take a sterile shower and I refuse to make myself crazy over that; and I won't keep Emily away from another prime source of PA, i.e. the great outdoors.) However, this we can control.

I also figure this type of irrigation is kind of 'forced' ...it really flushes a lot of water through, when Emily is congested sometimes bloody stuff is washed out so the water comes in contact with raw tissue at times- so I want the water to be as clean as possible. As a side note, I figured I'd also mention that the parts of Emily's saline bottles (we have a Neilmed one as well as an Ayr) do just fine getting sterilized in our Avent sterilizer (plug-in model.)

hmw

hmw

hmw

<br />
<br />I also feel sterilizing the water is really easy in this case, whereas so many other things in the environment we/our kids live in are simply out of our control (i.e. we can't take a sterile shower and I refuse to make myself crazy over that; and I won't keep Emily away from another prime source of PA, i.e. the great outdoors.) However, this we can control.
<br />
<br />I also figure this type of irrigation is kind of 'forced' ...it really flushes a lot of water through, when Emily is congested sometimes bloody stuff is washed out so the water comes in contact with raw tissue at times- so I want the water to be as clean as possible. As a side note, I figured I'd also mention that the parts of Emily's saline bottles (we have a Neilmed one as well as an Ayr) do just fine getting sterilized in our Avent sterilizer (plug-in model.)