Republicans & Healthcare

Sakem

MITT ROMNEY can fix the healthcare system. He did it in his own state as Govenor of Mass. I look at Hillary this way.....she had her chance when her old man painfully occupied the White House for 8 years. She sold herself out to the drug and insurance companies, just watch the movie SICKO.

The whole thing about the healthcare is not a republican/democrat issue, it's an american citizen issue, which needs to have politics out of, but no one had the answer to fix it. But I will vote republican, because I enjoy controlling my life, low taxes, and do not support liberals that want to kill unborn babies but don't want to kill murders.

Sakem

MITT ROMNEY can fix the healthcare system. He did it in his own state as Govenor of Mass. I look at Hillary this way.....she had her chance when her old man painfully occupied the White House for 8 years. She sold herself out to the drug and insurance companies, just watch the movie SICKO.

The whole thing about the healthcare is not a republican/democrat issue, it's an american citizen issue, which needs to have politics out of, but no one had the answer to fix it. But I will vote republican, because I enjoy controlling my life, low taxes, and do not support liberals that want to kill unborn babies but don't want to kill murders.

Sakem

Sakem

Sakem

Skye

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Sakem</b></i>

I do agree with you that Hillary is not the answer. She did have her chance and blew it. I am also pro-life, so I agree with your stand on that. I just hate it when the only answer from republicans ever is health savings accounts. That does not help us. I will read Romney's proposal. It is an American issue that is affecting all of us in some form or another. I believe in pro-life before we are born and when we get here and I hope we can find some answers soon.

Skye

I do agree with you that Hillary is not the answer. She did have her chance and blew it. I am also pro-life, so I agree with your stand on that. I just hate it when the only answer from republicans ever is health savings accounts. That does not help us. I will read Romney's proposal. It is an American issue that is affecting all of us in some form or another. I believe in pro-life before we are born and when we get here and I hope we can find some answers soon.

Skye

Skye

Skye

Sakem

I agree, health savings accounts are not the answer. When I was growing up, my parents never had problems w/ insurance, we were middle class, and insurance through my fathers job, Blue crosss......but that was before they went public. That is when I think all of the problems started. Humana makes so much money as other companies do so too. Insurance, should not be "FOR PROFIT" I believe in competition, but not price gouging. I tried to look a little at the way Massachusettes does it on their state website, not sure if I fully understand but something about, if u don't have insurance, u apply for UMass and they determine how much u have to pay based on your income, but u are not denied because of a health condition.

Sakem

I agree, health savings accounts are not the answer. When I was growing up, my parents never had problems w/ insurance, we were middle class, and insurance through my fathers job, Blue crosss......but that was before they went public. That is when I think all of the problems started. Humana makes so much money as other companies do so too. Insurance, should not be "FOR PROFIT" I believe in competition, but not price gouging. I tried to look a little at the way Massachusettes does it on their state website, not sure if I fully understand but something about, if u don't have insurance, u apply for UMass and they determine how much u have to pay based on your income, but u are not denied because of a health condition.

Sakem

Sakem

Sakem

Mockingbird

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Skye</b></i>

I understand your basic philosophy, and it works when you're healthy; however, I know of no friend, neighbor, church, or orgainization who has the resources or desire to help me with what amounts to a "mortgage payment" in medical bills every month that I am having a hard time keeping up with even with good insurance. Even with a master's degree and a good career, this disease has slammed me and no neighbor or church has the resources to help with that, especially in this Bush economy.</end quote></div>

Are you assuming I'm healthy? I don't have a master's degree, and I don't have a good career. Making $25,000 a year, I manage to get all my bills paid. In fact, just this last year I gave $2,000 so that people could go on mission trips to Pakistan and Mexico, and I give regularly in my church offering (and no, I'm not going to report it in my taxes).

So, I hope you understand it is not my basic philosophy that I expect people to help me. It is my philosophy that I want to hold onto the money I earn so that I can do with it as I wish.

Mockingbird

I understand your basic philosophy, and it works when you're healthy; however, I know of no friend, neighbor, church, or orgainization who has the resources or desire to help me with what amounts to a "mortgage payment" in medical bills every month that I am having a hard time keeping up with even with good insurance. Even with a master's degree and a good career, this disease has slammed me and no neighbor or church has the resources to help with that, especially in this Bush economy.</end quote></div>

Are you assuming I'm healthy? I don't have a master's degree, and I don't have a good career. Making $25,000 a year, I manage to get all my bills paid. In fact, just this last year I gave $2,000 so that people could go on mission trips to Pakistan and Mexico, and I give regularly in my church offering (and no, I'm not going to report it in my taxes).

So, I hope you understand it is not my basic philosophy that I expect people to help me. It is my philosophy that I want to hold onto the money I earn so that I can do with it as I wish.

Mockingbird

Mockingbird

I understand your basic philosophy, and it works when you're healthy; however, I know of no friend, neighbor, church, or orgainization who has the resources or desire to help me with what amounts to a "mortgage payment" in medical bills every month that I am having a hard time keeping up with even with good insurance. Even with a master's degree and a good career, this disease has slammed me and no neighbor or church has the resources to help with that, especially in this Bush economy.</end quote>

Mockingbird

I understand your basic philosophy, and it works when you're healthy; however, I know of no friend, neighbor, church, or orgainization who has the resources or desire to help me with what amounts to a "mortgage payment" in medical bills every month that I am having a hard time keeping up with even with good insurance. Even with a master's degree and a good career, this disease has slammed me and no neighbor or church has the resources to help with that, especially in this Bush economy.</end quote>