shocked at how people talk to each other on this site

EnergyGal

Hi Shoshana

Interesting post! Could it be the AGE difference with all our members and like you mentioned different upbringings? If you accidentally insult someone here, you are forgiven and not banned. That is great but if the abusive postings keep happening in my opinion that justs perpetuates the abusive nature of some postings (just a small percentage).

I measure my words here and do not feel comfortable most of the time so that is why I do not spend as much time as I have in the past. Very draining at times and a few regulars here have written to me that they no longer will come back for the same reason.

When I have something to share that might help someone, I do post. I come here to help others and if I learn something along the way to help a friend, I let them know about this place.

As long as I stay out of the arguments, I am fine. I feel badly for the new mothers and fathers who are innocently attacked. They eventually find their way after shaking their heads a bit.

I believe the so called "ruffle your feathers posters" write to get a rise out of someone just so they can stand out and become the center of attention. Arrogance becomes a disguise of FEAR. Some people may have been verbally abused in their past and that is their one way that they learned how to help others through their arrogant nature. Maybe it is their fear that brings out their angry writings?

Whatever floats your boat.

EnergyGal

Hi Shoshana

Interesting post! Could it be the AGE difference with all our members and like you mentioned different upbringings? If you accidentally insult someone here, you are forgiven and not banned. That is great but if the abusive postings keep happening in my opinion that justs perpetuates the abusive nature of some postings (just a small percentage).

I measure my words here and do not feel comfortable most of the time so that is why I do not spend as much time as I have in the past. Very draining at times and a few regulars here have written to me that they no longer will come back for the same reason.

When I have something to share that might help someone, I do post. I come here to help others and if I learn something along the way to help a friend, I let them know about this place.

As long as I stay out of the arguments, I am fine. I feel badly for the new mothers and fathers who are innocently attacked. They eventually find their way after shaking their heads a bit.

I believe the so called "ruffle your feathers posters" write to get a rise out of someone just so they can stand out and become the center of attention. Arrogance becomes a disguise of FEAR. Some people may have been verbally abused in their past and that is their one way that they learned how to help others through their arrogant nature. Maybe it is their fear that brings out their angry writings?

EnergyGal

Hi Shoshana

EnergyGal

Hi Shoshana

EnergyGal

Hi Shoshana

EnergyGal

Hi Shoshana

mamerth

As a new person to this community but not a new person to the virutal world (blogging and such)...

I know we all have different opinions and that is to be expected. We all see life differently. I love this place (even if people disagree with each other). I do agree that we can "attempt" to say things tactfully and appropriately. I also think this needs to be a safe and welcoming place for people who are newly diagnosed and their families.

My two cents for the discussion.

mamerth

As a new person to this community but not a new person to the virutal world (blogging and such)...

I know we all have different opinions and that is to be expected. We all see life differently. I love this place (even if people disagree with each other). I do agree that we can "attempt" to say things tactfully and appropriately. I also think this needs to be a safe and welcoming place for people who are newly diagnosed and their families.

mamerth

mamerth

mamerth

mamerth

65rosessamurai

My two yen...
shoshana,
A lot who already posted to your reply (Jazzysmom, EnergyGal, Kayleesgrandma, mamerth) have pretty much stated what I would only confirm.
I, myself have been on here for over three years, and have seen many a disagreement, and have even been the object of a few.
If there is anyone in particular you feel disgust in their post, there is a function available to "block" their posts. I know it's sad to even resort to using such a function, but if you are really feel offended by the person, you can block their posts.
I would, however, just try and get used to the diversity of members to this group before making such decisions as to leave the site, or block the members you find offensive.
My first time on here, I felt quite nervous about how I word things, and even now, I re-read my posts at least once for it contents, but although I wish everyone could, not everyone would.

65rosessamurai

My two yen...
shoshana,
A lot who already posted to your reply (Jazzysmom, EnergyGal, Kayleesgrandma, mamerth) have pretty much stated what I would only confirm.
I, myself have been on here for over three years, and have seen many a disagreement, and have even been the object of a few.
If there is anyone in particular you feel disgust in their post, there is a function available to "block" their posts. I know it's sad to even resort to using such a function, but if you are really feel offended by the person, you can block their posts.
I would, however, just try and get used to the diversity of members to this group before making such decisions as to leave the site, or block the members you find offensive.
My first time on here, I felt quite nervous about how I word things, and even now, I re-read my posts at least once for it contents, but although I wish everyone could, not everyone would.

65rosessamurai

My two yen...
shoshana,

65rosessamurai

My two yen...
shoshana,

65rosessamurai

My two yen...
shoshana,

65rosessamurai

My two yen...
shoshana,