Sinus infection

jfarel

I think I may have a sinus infection, and this is kind of new to me. While I've always had the lung symptoms, I haven't had much sinus issues until recently.

I don't think this is allergy related but how do you tell? It started yesterday with postnasal drip followed by a sore throat (drip related.) Today one sinus passage is almost completely clogged. The stuff that I blow out looks similar to my sputum/yellow/greenish.

I don't think I have a fever, just nasal congestion and sore throat but I DON'T WANT THIS TO GET WORSE and progress TO MY LUNGS.

Since this is really just starting, what do you guys do to fend these things off or get them to go away.

Oral abx do not work for my lungs, but will they work for my sinuses? Any OTC stuff that might work. I think I also have a refill for Flonase if that will work?

jfarel

I think I may have a sinus infection, and this is kind of new to me. While I've always had the lung symptoms, I haven't had much sinus issues until recently.

I don't think this is allergy related but how do you tell? It started yesterday with postnasal drip followed by a sore throat (drip related.) Today one sinus passage is almost completely clogged. The stuff that I blow out looks similar to my sputum/yellow/greenish.

I don't think I have a fever, just nasal congestion and sore throat but I DON'T WANT THIS TO GET WORSE and progress TO MY LUNGS.

Since this is really just starting, what do you guys do to fend these things off or get them to go away.

Oral abx do not work for my lungs, but will they work for my sinuses? Any OTC stuff that might work. I think I also have a refill for Flonase if that will work?

jfarel

jfarel

jfarel

jfarel

NoExcuses

Most sinus infections are allergy related.

1. Go to an allergist. Not a GP or FP or IM. Go to an allergist. Get skin tested for allergies.

2. Read my blog on allergies (scroll down to the bottom left hand side, under categories, click "allergies"

3. Gen an intranasal steroid. Flonase sucks because it has alcohol. Alcohol causes nose bleeds, stinging and has a horrible smell. Get Nasacort AQ.

It will open your nasal terbinates, allowing more air to circulate in the sinuses and therefore prevent infections from developing. If your nasal terbinates are swollen shut (99% of the time due to allergies) then air can't circulate and anaerobic bacteria grow

4. Take your intranasal steroid <b> EVERY DAY </b> it takes a week to work, so take it even when you don't have symptoms

NoExcuses

1. Go to an allergist. Not a GP or FP or IM. Go to an allergist. Get skin tested for allergies.

2. Read my blog on allergies (scroll down to the bottom left hand side, under categories, click "allergies"

3. Gen an intranasal steroid. Flonase sucks because it has alcohol. Alcohol causes nose bleeds, stinging and has a horrible smell. Get Nasacort AQ.

It will open your nasal terbinates, allowing more air to circulate in the sinuses and therefore prevent infections from developing. If your nasal terbinates are swollen shut (99% of the time due to allergies) then air can't circulate and anaerobic bacteria grow

4. Take your intranasal steroid <b> EVERY DAY </b> it takes a week to work, so take it even when you don't have symptoms

NoExcuses

NoExcuses

NoExcuses

NoExcuses

Asexyblond23

Start a nasel wash, it helps out a ton. One of the ones that I like ( and after 5 sinus surgries I have used alot) is the neilmed sinus rinse that you can get at walmart. Its over the counter but they usuall keep it in the pharmacy.

Asexyblond23

Start a nasel wash, it helps out a ton. One of the ones that I like ( and after 5 sinus surgries I have used alot) is the neilmed sinus rinse that you can get at walmart. Its over the counter but they usuall keep it in the pharmacy.

Asexyblond23

Asexyblond23

Asexyblond23

Asexyblond23

M

moxie1

Irrigate...Irrigate.....Irrigate!

I have a thing called the Grossan Hydropulse. It was $100.00, but my insurance paid for it. I used to have a ton of sinus problems. Now they are greatly reduced. Also, I have gotten rid of many a sinus infection without abx just by using this thing several times a day!

M

moxie1

Irrigate...Irrigate.....Irrigate!

I have a thing called the Grossan Hydropulse. It was $100.00, but my insurance paid for it. I used to have a ton of sinus problems. Now they are greatly reduced. Also, I have gotten rid of many a sinus infection without abx just by using this thing several times a day!