Sinus infection

NoExcuses

If you irrigate..... please remember to use <b> sterile </b> water.

Otherwise, you'll be pouring bacteria into your nose.

NoExcuses

If you irrigate..... please remember to use <b> sterile </b> water.

Otherwise, you'll be pouring bacteria into your nose.

NoExcuses

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>BelEAche</b></i>

an ent should do a culture to see what your growing and give you the most effective antibiotics.. oral should do the trick, but iv'e been told it could take 4-6 wks to kill a sinus infection.. f</end quote></div>

most studies with good antibiotics that do pre & post-therapy sinus punctures show that an infection can go away in 5 days (if it's staph, H. Flu, or M. Cat) with an antiobitic such as Ketek or 14 days with cipro/levo/avelox.

i could see the infection taking longer if you're not controlling your environment for allergies (infection will just return) or not doing an intranasal steroid.

NoExcuses

an ent should do a culture to see what your growing and give you the most effective antibiotics.. oral should do the trick, but iv'e been told it could take 4-6 wks to kill a sinus infection.. f</end quote></div>

most studies with good antibiotics that do pre & post-therapy sinus punctures show that an infection can go away in 5 days (if it's staph, H. Flu, or M. Cat) with an antiobitic such as Ketek or 14 days with cipro/levo/avelox.

i could see the infection taking longer if you're not controlling your environment for allergies (infection will just return) or not doing an intranasal steroid.

NoExcuses

NoExcuses

NoExcuses

an ent should do a culture to see what your growing and give you the most effective antibiotics.. oral should do the trick, but iv'e been told it could take 4-6 wks to kill a sinus infection.. f</end quote>

NoExcuses

an ent should do a culture to see what your growing and give you the most effective antibiotics.. oral should do the trick, but iv'e been told it could take 4-6 wks to kill a sinus infection.. f</end quote>