Sleeping in at the Hospital??

lilywing

Hey there! I was just in hospital for 3 weeks, and am now getting my much needed rest at home. No one seems to get that sleep just doesn't happen easily in hospital. Between nurses, doctors, nurses aides, housekeeping, people bringing water, people bringing snacks, your visitors, visitors "visiting" the wrong room, physio...it never ends.

This past stay, however, my doctor left orders to let me sleep until 10. Basically, I wouldn't wake up from a good sleep to take vitamins or ventolin at 6am at home. It can wait in the hospital too. Common sense, no? As for IV drugs, I stay connected to my pole at all times (except for showers). In between infusions, I stay on the saline drip (extra hydration, something I can never seem to get enough of!). It's a bit of a hassle, but it means that nurses can start my meds through the night without having to lock me on/off. Do other people do that too?

lilywing

Hey there! I was just in hospital for 3 weeks, and am now getting my much needed rest at home. No one seems to get that sleep just doesn't happen easily in hospital. Between nurses, doctors, nurses aides, housekeeping, people bringing water, people bringing snacks, your visitors, visitors "visiting" the wrong room, physio...it never ends.

This past stay, however, my doctor left orders to let me sleep until 10. Basically, I wouldn't wake up from a good sleep to take vitamins or ventolin at 6am at home. It can wait in the hospital too. Common sense, no? As for IV drugs, I stay connected to my pole at all times (except for showers). In between infusions, I stay on the saline drip (extra hydration, something I can never seem to get enough of!). It's a bit of a hassle, but it means that nurses can start my meds through the night without having to lock me on/off. Do other people do that too?

lilywing

lilywing

lilywing

<br />
<br />This past stay, however, my doctor left orders to let me sleep until 10. Basically, I wouldn't wake up from a good sleep to take vitamins or ventolin at 6am at home. It can wait in the hospital too. Common sense, no? As for IV drugs, I stay connected to my pole at all times (except for showers). In between infusions, I stay on the saline drip (extra hydration, something I can never seem to get enough of!). It's a bit of a hassle, but it means that nurses can start my meds through the night without having to lock me on/off. Do other people do that too?

kmhbeauty

ahhhhhh It was horrible when I went in for a week, you just brought back a lot of memories. I almost wanted to be rude to the nurses every time they woke me up, but I kept saying they are just doing there job. After that week I never wanted to watch tv again, I only wanted to be outside. They drove me nuts there

kmhbeauty

ahhhhhh It was horrible when I went in for a week, you just brought back a lot of memories. I almost wanted to be rude to the nurses every time they woke me up, but I kept saying they are just doing there job. After that week I never wanted to watch tv again, I only wanted to be outside. They drove me nuts there

kmhbeauty

kmhbeauty

kmhbeauty

kmhbeauty

I just remenbered something funny. I was in the hospital for a week when I was 18 and they wanted to keep me longer but I insisted on leaving so they said if I get the pic line in my arm they would let me leave early. I hated getting that thing in ahhhhh. A couple days after I got home I needed to go out and be around people so that weekend I went to a house party. I was a big partier in high school. Everyone was asking me what was in my arm, and why I was out. I really just needed to be social again.

kmhbeauty

I just remenbered something funny. I was in the hospital for a week when I was 18 and they wanted to keep me longer but I insisted on leaving so they said if I get the pic line in my arm they would let me leave early. I hated getting that thing in ahhhhh. A couple days after I got home I needed to go out and be around people so that weekend I went to a house party. I was a big partier in high school. Everyone was asking me what was in my arm, and why I was out. I really just needed to be social again.

kmhbeauty

kmhbeauty

kmhbeauty