Social Security Application

julie

5 months waiting period before recieving a payment is standard. There is only ONE illness that "skips" this 5 months and it is not CF. Like Jennifer said, are there any months that you were only working part time and earning under $1000?

miblanchard

I was approved immediately -my cf team had gotten all the records together before hand. I did have the 5 month waiting period for benefits.

miblanchard

I was approved immediately -my cf team had gotten all the records together before hand. I did have the 5 month waiting period for benefits.

miblanchard

julie

@ stressed, if it is clear that someone meets the CF impairment listings, then I personally recommend AGAINST getting a lawyer since they get 25% of your backpay up to $6000. However, if you've got a complicated case it might be worth it. are you looking to get your girls on SSI? Email me if you would like, I am NOT a lawyer, but have done over 35+ CF cases and have not lost one yet. www.dafcf.org (email: services@dafcf.org)

julie

@ stressed, if it is clear that someone meets the CF impairment listings, then I personally recommend AGAINST getting a lawyer since they get 25% of your backpay up to $6000. However, if you've got a complicated case it might be worth it. are you looking to get your girls on SSI? Email me if you would like, I am NOT a lawyer, but have done over 35+ CF cases and have not lost one yet. www.dafcf.org (email: services@dafcf.org)

julie

<br />