Social Security Disability for Baby with CF?

bgsmom

My son was born with meconium peritinis/meconium ileus. He's 8 weeks old and already had two major hospitalizations. Has anybody tried to apply for Social Security benefits for their child with CF? Our income may be prohibitive but I'm still going to apply. Has anyone had success? Any advice?
Thanks!

bgsmom

My son was born with meconium peritinis/meconium ileus. He's 8 weeks old and already had two major hospitalizations. Has anybody tried to apply for Social Security benefits for their child with CF? Our income may be prohibitive but I'm still going to apply. Has anyone had success? Any advice?
Thanks!

bgsmom

Thanks!

bgsmom

Thanks!

bgsmom

<br />Thanks!

ctalbott0609

We applied earlier this year. It's been a big struggle so far, because they already denied her. We're appealing right now, and getting ready to basically go to court over it. IF you decide to apply, expect to get denied at first. Remember to fight it though, and always appeal. Julie Raysbrook, who's a member of this site, can help you gather all the information you will need to do this, and she's currently helping us through our appeal. Her e-mail is jraysbrook@shoreline.edu -She's been a great help so far! If you need any other information, or want to ask any other questions, feel free to PM me! P.S. I see you're new to the site, so Welcome!! You'll find an amazing source of support here!

Chelsea

ctalbott0609

We applied earlier this year. It's been a big struggle so far, because they already denied her. We're appealing right now, and getting ready to basically go to court over it. IF you decide to apply, expect to get denied at first. Remember to fight it though, and always appeal. Julie Raysbrook, who's a member of this site, can help you gather all the information you will need to do this, and she's currently helping us through our appeal. Her e-mail is jraysbrook@shoreline.edu -She's been a great help so far! If you need any other information, or want to ask any other questions, feel free to PM me! P.S. I see you're new to the site, so Welcome!! You'll find an amazing source of support here!

Chelsea

ctalbott0609

Chelsea

ctalbott0609

Chelsea

ctalbott0609

<br />
<br />Chelsea

mariahsmommy

We are in Arkansas and my daughter has been on it since birth. Well it wasn't actually approved until she was about 3 months old, they reimbursed us for most of it. She gets the income and the medicaid. I think you can't make more than 2700 a month and it also depends on your resources (cars, house, land) if they are paid off I think they count as income. Stupid I know but that's the way it is. Good Luck and I hope you can get it for your child.

mariahsmommy

We are in Arkansas and my daughter has been on it since birth. Well it wasn't actually approved until she was about 3 months old, they reimbursed us for most of it. She gets the income and the medicaid. I think you can't make more than 2700 a month and it also depends on your resources (cars, house, land) if they are paid off I think they count as income. Stupid I know but that's the way it is. Good Luck and I hope you can get it for your child.

mariahsmommy

mariahsmommy

mariahsmommy