super quick question.

pnhuffman

Now I am wondering if I am doing Austins right. LOL! I thought his was Xopenex, Pulmozyme then HTS. and I was always told Tobi last.

pnhuffman

Now I am wondering if I am doing Austins right. LOL! I thought his was Xopenex, Pulmozyme then HTS. and I was always told Tobi last.

pnhuffman

pnhuffman

pnhuffman

Lex

I was told to do albuteral to open up the airways, then pulmo to loosen things up, then saline to get it out, and finally, tobi or colistin once the lungs are cleaned out.

This order works for me.

Lex

I was told to do albuteral to open up the airways, then pulmo to loosen things up, then saline to get it out, and finally, tobi or colistin once the lungs are cleaned out.

This order works for me.

Lex

This order works for me.

Lex

This order works for me.

Lex

<br />
<br />This order works for me.

debs2girls

We do albuterol, hypertonic saline then pulmozyme....the RT in the hospital said not to do the albuterol and pulmozyme together.

debs2girls

We do albuterol, hypertonic saline then pulmozyme....the RT in the hospital said not to do the albuterol and pulmozyme together.

debs2girls

debs2girls

debs2girls

Futant3

Last time I was at the doctor's office they gave me a sheet on this. It looks like it came from an Australian clinical trial for Hypertonic Saline. I'll quote the section about order of meds. Also it was suggested that airway clearance could be combined with the first two meds to save time.

"A brochodilator was used (fast-acting agent via inhaler or nebulizer) 15-60 minutes before the hypertonic nebulized therapy.

Aerosol therapies were administered in the following order:
Bronchodilator (Albuterol, Xopenex)
Hypertonic saline
Airway clearance (CPT, Vest, Flutter)
DNase (Pulmozyme)
Corticosteriods (Advair, Pulmicort, Flovent)
Antibiotics (TOBI, Colistin)"

Futant3

Last time I was at the doctor's office they gave me a sheet on this. It looks like it came from an Australian clinical trial for Hypertonic Saline. I'll quote the section about order of meds. Also it was suggested that airway clearance could be combined with the first two meds to save time.

"A brochodilator was used (fast-acting agent via inhaler or nebulizer) 15-60 minutes before the hypertonic nebulized therapy.

Hypertonic saline
DNase (Pulmozyme)

Futant3

Hypertonic saline
DNase (Pulmozyme)

Futant3

Hypertonic saline
DNase (Pulmozyme)

Futant3

<br />
<br />"A brochodilator was used (fast-acting agent via inhaler or nebulizer) 15-60 minutes before the hypertonic nebulized therapy.
<br />
<br />Aerosol therapies were administered in the following order:
<br />Bronchodilator (Albuterol, Xopenex)
<br />Hypertonic saline
<br />Airway clearance (CPT, Vest, Flutter)
<br />DNase (Pulmozyme)
<br />Corticosteriods (Advair, Pulmicort, Flovent)
<br />Antibiotics (TOBI, Colistin)"